Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 1800

Thread: The Music Thread

  1. #1741
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    **** that's insane. I wanted to go so badly but didn't have a group keen to come. Sounds like you saw some awesome bands. The Beautiful Monument are awesome and great everytime live and Polaris has me super hyped for their new album.
    Go down by yourself or make some better friends. Everyone is camped so close to each other that you'll be forced to make friends either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  2. #1742
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    He has a lot of quite chilled out songs I think, I don't mind listening to him.

    I was quite into this song a few years ago when it came out.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeRIAew8eXc
    This could be the worst guitar tone I have ever heard. Songs not bad though.

  3. #1743
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,425
    New Trophy Eyes. I dig especially the sax

  4. #1744
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,629


    It's a shit song but I love it.

  5. #1745
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    4,920
    So many memories of Kung Fu mania in the 70's.

    Bringing star knives and homemade nanchuks to school. Fake gang fights in the grounds.

    Watching the Kung Fu series on TV and seeing Bruce Lee movies at the flicks.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

  6. #1746
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,425
    Surely the GTM lineup is a joke
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  7. #1747
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,321
    Quote Originally Posted by stannycfcjet View Post
    surely the gtm lineup is a joke
    gtm?

  8. #1748
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,425
    Grooving the moo

  9. #1749
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,237
    Anyone got a spare wad of cash and want to take me to An Evening With Dream Theater in April? Last year's album tour + Scenes from a Memory in its entirety.

  10. #1750
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,629
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Grooving the moo
    These types of events aren't about the music Stanny. If it's about the music you are better off going to a smaller / indoor venue.

  11. #1751
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,425
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    These types of events aren't about the music Stanny. If it's about the music you are better off going to a smaller / indoor venue.
    Yeah its about doing pills and shit but. Still a good lineup would be nice. At least Download looks good and we have the hella mega tour coming as well

  12. #1752
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brügglifeld's Terraces, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,435
    Open Air Gränichen

    Not full lineup yet

    Millencolin, Eskimo Callboy, Dispised Icon, Swiss & Die Andrern, Stray from the Path, Schmutzki, Snitch, Malevolence, Toska, The Peacoks, Insanity, Carnal Decay, Bronco, Fluffy MAchine, Kabuki Joe and Moment Madness.

    Should be a good weekend behind the bar again,
    Amigos Aarau

  13. #1753
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,321
    Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Open Air Gränichen

    Not full lineup yet

    Millencolin, Eskimo Callboy, Dispised Icon, Swiss & Die Andrern, Stray from the Path, Schmutzki, Snitch, Malevolence, Toska, The Peacoks, Insanity, Carnal Decay, Bronco, Fluffy MAchine, Kabuki Joe and Moment Madness.

    Should be a good weekend behind the bar again,
    Not bad!!!
    Despised Icon and Malevolence would be my standout picks there..

  14. #1754
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Not bad!!!
    Despised Icon and Malevolence would be my standout picks there..
    I'd be impressed if they could pull off their recorded sound live in an open venue. Getting the mix right not to mention all the fx working would be a nightmare.

  15. #1755
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,321
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I'd be impressed if they could pull off their recorded sound live in an open venue. Getting the mix right not to mention all the fx working would be a nightmare.
    Yeah, muddiness in particular can be a real issue if the venue isn't right..

  16. #1756
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,629
    The Sugar Hill Gang are listed for Groovin the Moo . Fark me if the GMF is with them for this I might even consider dropping in.


  17. #1757
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,629


    And this is the Edwards / Rodgers track the Sugar Hill Gang used for Rappers Delight.

  18. #1758
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,321
    Man... It's just such a good bass line.. haha

    There is a property out near Sandy Hollow (that I go past every few weeks for work) that is named Sugar Hill, and I always end up getting this bass line stuck in my head for hours after driving by..

  19. #1759
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,739
    I've got a lot of respect for Sugar Hill Gang but I really can't see that being an enjoyable experience for a few thousand teenagers to try and connect with 2 of the 3 original members, both of which would be 60+ years old at a guess, of a band that blew up and then fell away very quickly during the formative years of Hip Hop.


    That said, with Supergrass, Darude, Kelis and the Veronica's to an extent, they are definitely catering to a middle aged crowd. So maybe they'll have a better idea of why Sugar Hill Gang are as important as they are.
    I'm guessing the older bands will play during the day or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  20. #1760
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I've got a lot of respect for Sugar Hill Gang but I really can't see that being an enjoyable experience for a few thousand teenagers to try and connect with 2 of the 3 original members, both of which would be 60+ years old at a guess, of a band that blew up and then fell away very quickly during the formative years of Hip Hop.


    That said, with Supergrass, Darude, Kelis and the Veronica's to an extent, they are definitely catering to a middle aged crowd. So maybe they'll have a better idea of why Sugar Hill Gang are as important as they are.
    I'm guessing the older bands will play during the day or something.
    HAHAH No way, i didn't even realise all of those were in the lineup..
    Does Darude just play Sandstorm for 40 minutes straight?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •