Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknerd View Post
    Who are you going to see? I only know half of the bands (haven't had time to keep up with 2 kids and a 3rd on the way) I hear Madball are good?
    I'm all about Vision Of Disorder.. Grew up listening to those badboys and have been waiting since 1997 to see them live..
    Other then that I'll be hitting up Killswitch Engage, Ghost, Periphery, Cypress Hill, Tomahawk, Slayer and of course Metallica..
    In theory.. hahaha

How did you go at Soundwave, Rocknerd??
    Who did you see? Highlights? Lowlights?

I went well, but my knees took a flogging. My day was full of drama musically speaking though, Missed the sharks because there gear din't arrive, Vandals were Awesome, though their set was cut because of the stage 2 dramas, Flogging Molly were great but again a cut down set, then we headed out for a bite and a beer, couaght some of Stone sour but the sound was quite distorted from the side (1b) seats so couldn't really enjoy it.
    Cypress Hill were great, my favourite quote this weekend was if Metal festivals ever stop booking them we'll need to start going to Music festivals. Then over to Sick Of it all and that was crazy good, about 20 lads slam dancing, Circle work and the great divide. Missed the sharks again due to set list changes but already being at Sick of it all.
    then met up with my friends again for Blinks (meh) and Offspring who were great, but man is Dexter looking old, He looks easily 10 years older than Noodles.

Lowlight was definently Myself Indulgence, What a wanker. Plus they use backing tracks rather than a synth player so are traped into playing their music straight. Lead singer is a massive douche and his jokes left me wanting to stomp on his face.

Also ran into heaps of random people

my Soundwave was pretty rocking first up Anthrax they still got it. put on a good show,then i was off to see Kingdom of Sorrow on stage 3. **** they killed it. the singer from Hatebreed and the guitarist from crowbar/down.then the mighty Slayer slaughtered everyone with a brutal set. up next swedish doom metal Ghost another good one then off to see the mighty Tallica. i've seen these guys about six time and the still blow me away.they still put on a great show

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    anyone heard the new bowie album yet? pretty bloody good. not sure why his vocals are buried so low in the mix because they sound as good as they have in years.

might just be a bad rip.
    Last edited by parksey; 02-03-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the blue manc View Post
    my Soundwave was pretty rocking first up Anthrax they still got it. put on a good show,
    What was the setlist like for anthrax, much of a mix of the new album and early stuff, are they playing any of the John Bush era tunes? Gutted I couldn't make it for their sideshow.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    anyone heard the new bowie album yet? pretty bloody good. not sure why his vocals are buried so low in the mix because they sound as good as they have in years.

might just be a bad rip.
    What past Bowie album does it remind you of ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    What past Bowie album does it remind you of ?
    i'm not really sure. it's kinda like scary monsters or diamond dogs.

Cheers. I'll check it out.

gave the new nick cave a listen before and it was pretty good too. loved jubilee st and mermaid.

got the next day on again now and really enjoying it. it doesn't come out until the 13th of march, dunst, so i'm just listening to a average quality rip from the itunes stream.

I happened to be stuck in a situation today when a Creed song came on the radio.
    Creed were Nickleback before Nickleback were Nickleback.

**** those bands.

really takes flight around 2:30

also, q-mun, james blake is playing an intimate set at verbrugghen hall on the 22nd of this month. tix on sale monday.

Just saw that Jello Biafra will be coming back out to Aus and playing at the Metro in Sydney on 18th of May..
    Supported by Hard-Ons and Zeahorse..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Supported by Hard-Ons[/B]..
    WHOA!!!!

First time I saw Hard Ons was when they did BDO with Jerry A from Poison Idea on lead vocals.

Dudes always tell me they did a similar thing with Henry Rollins as well.

Good times.

thank me later

http://music.slightlystoopid.com/

Free album download of one of my favourite bands. If you love Sublime, you'll dig these guys, they were originally signed (in high school(pun intended))by Bradly Nowell own record label Skunk Records

I've been cranking out some Austrian Death Machine over the last week or so.. Its a parody "band" about Arnold Schwarzenegger, and every song is about his classic one liners from his films..
    Its the singer from As I Lay Dying who plays all instruments on the songs (except for solos, he gets guests from other bands to do them, ie Killswitch Engage, Darkest Hour, Unearth, Human Abstract)..
    Great songs like "Get To Da Choppa", "It's Not A Tumor", "If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It", Who Is Your Daddy, And What Does He Do", etc..
    Hilarious stuff, and some pretty meaty riffs..

new james blake album is tremendous
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

New Alice in Chains song, Stone. The riff is just ****ing delicious, I tells ya.