Page 1 of 96 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Music Thread

The Music Thread

Thought I had better get this badboy started up again..

Absolutely lost it at work just then reading a review of the new Periphery album that is due out in a few days.. (Language warning for sensitive people and old shnennos)

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/5...-Its-Personal/

It's got to be one of the better troll reviews that I've read in a while.. hahaha

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    have you heard the new gojira album yet, bon?

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    have you heard the new gojira album yet, bon?
    I've only heard one song off it. Was pretty awesome. What do you make of it?
    Cheers for the reminder, I'll have to get it when I get home.

I haven't got it yet, but I've heard that single they put out a few weeks ago which was pretty great. I'll buy it soon.

also whoa

New Dirty Projectors album. Good shit.

insert insane obscure band name here and gloat about how new they are.

Mighty Mighty Bosstonnes had a Planned one off show at the Metro this Thursday, but cancelled as the Jakatta Music Festival was cancelled and the MMB couldn't cover costs with the one off show and didn't have time to book more between Friday and their arrival.

They stated that they'll be back soon though. Can't wait I was pissed that they cancelled.

New Dinosaur Jr. due out in September. Their new song "Watch the Corners" is out now and it's bloody awesome.

Anyone into Grunge should checkout Clutch, they're freaking rockin' my world at the momment. I found out about them through the use of their song the Regulator which features in the Walking Dead Episode 8 Nebraska right at the end where Rick, Glenn and Hershall are having a stand off with the "intruders" at the bar.

they're heavy and grindingly awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknerd View Post
    Anyone into Grunge should checkout Clutch, they're freaking rockin' my world at the momment. I found out about them through the use of their song the Regulator which features in the Walking Dead Episode 8 Nebraska right at the end where Rick, Glenn and Hershall are having a stand off with the "intruders" at the bar.

they're heavy and grindingly awesome.
    Ahhhhh Rocknerd.. Now we are talking!!!
    Clutch are immense.. I started listening to them back in highschool (around 1995 when self-titled came out!!).. Have been lucky enough to see them live twice too..
    Which of their albums have you got?

...you can tell its not them playing by the drumming... its way out of Ulrich's league

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Ahhhhh Rocknerd.. Now we are talking!!!
    Clutch are immense.. I started listening to them back in highschool (around 1995 when self-titled came out!!).. Have been lucky enough to see them live twice too..
    Which of their albums have you got?
    Tyrant Blast re-issue with bonus disc.

There are few bands that I can only listen to with the volume turned way up, but these guys are one of them! you can't truely appreciate the music unless it is well over 11!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknerd View Post
    Tyrant Blast re-issue with bonus disc.

There are few bands that I can only listen to with the volume turned way up, but these guys are one of them! you can't truely appreciate the music unless it is well over 11!
    Nice!! Yeah Blast Tyrant is a pretty sweet album, some real fat, bluesy riffs on it.. Gets quite catchy in parts too! Ghost is brilliant..
    If you can, get your hands on Elephant Riders (The production is less, but that sort of raw vibe adds to really just make it hard-as-fvck..), Pure Rock Fury is exactly as the album name suggests.
    Bugger it, if you can, get ALL of their albums.. Each one has something different to offer.

Next time they are out in Aus, make sure you try to get out to see them too. The drummer is ridiculous, hits the skins so hard it looks like he is trying to destroy the bloody things, totally gets in to it while the guitarist and bassist are happy to stand back and let the drummer/singer get the attention..

OK

Hahaha That clip is nuts.. Rammstein are brilliant..
    You seen em live out here, PV4?

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Hahaha That clip is nuts.. Rammstein are brilliant..
    You seen em live out here, PV4?
    never seen them live. the two things i've always wanted to do most in my life before i got too old was play football alongside sean matthews & watch rammstein live - one i've done, the other i haven't. do they have plans to return to australia do you know?
    OK

I saw them at BDO back in 2001, unbelievable show..
    As far as I know, they are on a bit of a break at the moment but they do that from time to time. (Pretty amazing that after being together for about 20 years that it is still the same 6 blokes, no lineup changes ever)..

In about 15 minutes time, my wife heads off to work and I can unleash some non-wife friendly tunes from the speakers.

I'm sure I posted about it pre-crash but I am really digging Lost in The New Real - Arjen Lucassen right now. Utter brilliance and the cover of Welcome to the Machine in the second CD is quite possible the best cover in the history of music.

Picked up the latest Offspring album on the Weekend, pretty good, standard Offspring album loud, a little political, a little pop fun and the same sound that makes the offspring who they are.

It is not SMASH, but worth a listen, unless you're a pretty big fan I would suggest borrowing it from your mate who is and ripping it. (i do not endorse illigal download, or digital download for that matter)