Page 10 of 96 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    any hip hop fans out there keeping up to date with the new wave of guys coming through?

big fan of kendrick and asap rocky at the moment. drake is surprisingly good and joey bada$$ is promising.
    rate kendrick, drake i can take or leave, not sold on asap

joey bada$$ has absolutely killer track selection, kid can pick a beat, good rapper to

nas, 2 chainz (oh dis gon be gud) and badass will be out in april at movement, think i'll stump for it

nas is brilliant live

t.i. is still making one decent track an album, trae tha truth's blackprint mixtape is dope if you're into h-town rap, will go for some digz and report back

oh yeah, park dog, go cop EL-P - cancer for cure and killer mike - R.A.P music

should be listened to together (not at the same time lol)

A few tense moments with the Ticketek site going batshit, but sorted out my pre-sale tickets for Tool just then..

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    oh yeah, park dog, go cop EL-P - cancer for cure and killer mike - R.A.P music

should be listened to together (not at the same time lol)
    saw a bit of el-p at laneway and he was pretty good. will check these out.

do you have long.live.asap, q?

Anyone going next month?

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    do you have long.live.asap, q?
    just picked up long live asap for $15, bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by crook View Post
    just picked up long live asap for $15, bargain.
    yeah, from jb right? top album. title track, pmw and ghetto symphony are my stand outs.

picked up foals new one for $10 at jb tonight. had heard the leak but it's good to have a better quality version; really enjoying this one.

Nah got it from Sanity for $15 which was a surprise. I wasn't really planning on buying anything, just saw it for a decent price and picked it up.

suggest Action Bronson - Rare Chandeliers or Bon Appetit...Bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    EL-P - cancer for cure
    this is good

Anyone else got the New Dropkick Murphys album? Pretty rockin' kicks all colours of shit out of my stereo. Don't miss them come April!

asap rocky coming to the enmore in sydney in june (iirc). might have to go to that one.

got PMW blasting right now :smoke:

Whose coming to soundwave? I got offered a ticket today so am going to get my thrash on!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknerd View Post
    Anyone else got the New Dropkick Murphys album? Pretty rockin' kicks all colours of shit out of my stereo. Don't miss them come April!
    ha

haven't thought of these guys in years

i used to have one album, i think it was called blackout. absolutely loved it, used to blast it all the time. my old man used to love them too.

where is their gig, and how much are tickets?

also, what albums do you recommend i listen to, having not listened to anything from them except that one i got in the early 2000s?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknerd View Post
    Whose coming to soundwave? I got offered a ticket today so am going to get my thrash on!
    Yeah mate, I'll be down there!!

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    ha

haven't thought of these guys in years

i used to have one album, i think it was called blackout. absolutely loved it, used to blast it all the time. my old man used to love them too.

where is their gig, and how much are tickets?

also, what albums do you recommend i listen to, having not listened to anything from them except that one i got in the early 2000s?
    Gigs at either the big top at Luna Park Sydney or Panthers in Newy, Supported by the Swinging Udders! All of there shit is good Tix are close to $80 after booking fee and postal charges, my top 5 would be

1. Sing loud, Sing Proud- Forever, Good RatsCaps and Bottles, The Wild Rover (traditional) and the Spicy McHaggis Jig
    2. Meanest of Times- Much more a return to the Hardcore styles of their first album (F)lanigans ball, God Willing
    3. Signed and Sealed in Blood- Latest album, It's just fun punk/hardcore having fun like nothing else best played louder than loud
    4. Going out in Style- a sort of obituary album to a mythical boston Legend includes some vocals in title track by Chris Cheney and Fat Mike, Peg'o my heart is a duet with Bruce Springstein.
    5. The Gang's all here- Devil's Brigade, First album with new lead singer Al Barr after Mike left to become a firey before then going on to form the Street Dogs.

As I said, it's all good. Blackout is a good album, Black velvet band, the dirt Glass and Kiss Me I'm Shit faced are all great songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Yeah mate, I'll be down there!!
    Who are you going to see? I only know half of the bands (haven't had time to keep up with 2 kids and a 3rd on the way) I hear Madball are good?

newy