Page 41 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    There's a pretty good 30 for 30 doc about Trump killing the XFL (ok it was a bit of hunting low hanging fruit) but for a bloke that has as many spectacular failures as him, he continually falls upwards.

That in itself is a skill to be applauded.
    didn't he kill the USFL?

the XFL was all old mate vinnie mac from the dubya dubya eff right?

Well, this (combined with coffee) has been getting me through the morning.. Between The Buried And Me..
    For a live recording, its pretty unbelievable.. Classically trained dudes, their sound and how tight they are is just ridiculous.. (Although I realise its probably recorded over several takes..)
    Also, the Sunn 300T and Spector that the bassist is rocking, are fvcking sexy..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Well, this (combined with coffee) has been getting me through the morning.. Between The Buried And Me..
    For a live recording, its pretty unbelievable.. Classically trained dudes, their sound and how tight they are is just ridiculous.. (Although I realise its probably recorded over several takes..)
    Also, the Sunn 300T and Spector that the bassist is rocking, are fvcking sexy.. [/video]
    The keyboard player is terrible - he looks like someone that took four lessons in primary school and said **** it - I'll be a singer instead. He's a great singer though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The keyboard player is terrible - he looks like someone that took four lessons in primary school and said **** it - I'll be a singer instead. He's a great singer though.
    Hahaha..
    You had to comment on the one thing im not paying attention or listening to.. Well played..

When people hear me play guitar they always say " at least you can play keyboards".

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    didn't he kill the USFL?

the XFL was all old mate vinnie mac from the dubya dubya eff right?
    Ah yes, I stand corrected.
    There are 30 for 30 docs on both the USFL and XFL.
    Trump was USFL.

Bon... 29 days

I've gone back to the beginning, crank through each previous album in a week... throwing in a few listens to Show Yourself and Sultan's Curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Bon... 29 days

I've gone back to the beginning, crank through each previous album in a week... throwing in a few listens to Show Yourself and Sultan's Curse.
    Yeah man! I was cranking a lot of them, but have put them on hold until after the weekend, as I've been revisiting Killswitch Engage in prep for tomorrow nights show at the Enmore.. You heading down?
    I'm still not entirely sold on Show Yourself.. Its catchy as fvck, and definitely growing on me, but it just seems a little too catchy.. haha

Yeah man! I was cranking a lot of them, but have put them on hold until after the weekend, as I've been revisiting Killswitch Engage in prep for tomorrow nights show at the Enmore.. You heading down?
    I'm still not entirely sold on Show Yourself.. Its catchy as fvck, and definitely growing on me, but it just seems a little too catchy.. haha
    Nah. Devy is my next gig. I had so many years off metal that I haven't listened to any new KSE for a few years... same with Gojira, still haven't listened to last years album.

Agree on Show Yourself. It's very mainstreamy, radio friendly. Gets a little dirtier around the 1:30 mark and the minute after that is great before jumping back into radio friendly.

This stuff looks like lot of fun to play with some very kewl riffs buried in amongst that wall of sound. Would hate to be the drummer though.

This stuff looks like lot of fun to play with some very kewl riffs buried in amongst that wall of sound. Would hate to be the drummer though.
    Which song(s) did you check out? There can be a bit of a difference between the old and new stuff (and different singers)..

Which song(s) did you check out? There can be a bit of a difference between the old and new stuff (and different singers)..

This is awesome - but maybe too mainstream for the real fans is it ?

Geez i can appreciate the talent of these guys and love many songs from nearly every genre but.....i'll just cant understand how someone can like this. is it a testosterone, i need to find my internal devil fk the world thing? anyway, power to you if you like it. love to all musos
    Last edited by hawk; 03-03-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Geez i can appreciate the talent of these guys and love many songs from nearly every genre but.....i'll just cant understand how someone can like this. is it a testosterone, i need to find my internal devil fk the world thing? anyway, power to you if you like it. love to all musos
    Agreed. I'd much rather play it than listen to it.

Agreed. I'd much rather play it than listen to it.
    hadnt looked at it from that angle

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Really?
    And this is one of their more radio-friendly songs.. haha
    What is it about it that you can't get in to, hawk?

BTW the show was amazing.. So good live, and a funny bunch of dudes too - you can really tell they enjoy what they do and it shows in their music and stage presence..

My gateway into KSE was even more mainstream sounding... in parts.

Part 4. Hyped!

Yeah!!!!! I saw it on Sat.. Looks and sounds awesome, but I was a little freaked out with how much they are pushing the idea of "less is more" with his fills..
    It makes sense, but I don't want them dumbing him down either.. haha