Page 42 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Geez i can appreciate the talent of these guys and love many songs from nearly every genre but.....i'll just cant understand how someone can like this. is it a testosterone, i need to find my internal devil fk the world thing? anyway, power to you if you like it. love to all musos
    For some it is probably a testosterone thing but I would think they would be the vast minority. For most I think it is the depth of lyric, community and sense of belonging that happens in that world (maybe less so for more mainstream bands like Killswitch).

In the Killswitch case the 'fk the world thing' couldn't be further form the truth. The lyrics primarily discuss trying to be positive and 'love all' etc but also the challenges of mental health and what not. And they actually have a lot of religious (Christian ) narratives in their music.

Grim, time to start rubbing up a chubs.. Mastodon just released the full version of Andromeda..

Awwww yissss.

oh and in a perfect piece of casting John Butler trio is supporting Midnight Oil.

Make sure you take your pens and paper to jot down the lecture you're gonna get.

Clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    oh and in a perfect piece of casting John Butler trio is supporting Midnight Oil.

Make sure you take your pens and paper to jot down the lecture you're gonna get.

Clowns.
    When the politics became bigger than the music is when I lost all interest in Midnight Oil - anything from and including 10to1 doesn't float my boat at all.

I still think you would enjoy the first album though Plague.

With respect to John Butler it's probably more of the same only he never made 3 good albums before it all went to shit.

Last edited by The Dunster; 08-03-2017 at 12:06 PM.

HAHAHA That was awesome..

I'm heading to Sydney on Sunday night to see Meshuggah play..
    Made me feel the urge to dig up an awesome clip of some Russian "gang" dancing, put to Meshuggah's music.. (I'm sure we have posted it on here somewhere before)
    Every time I watch it, I lose my sh!t..

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    . For most I think it is the depth of lyric, community and sense of belonging that happens in that world (maybe less so for more mainstream bands like Killswitch).
    Yeah defo those 3 things make sense. I dont really get into lyrics that often which is probs sacrilege in the highest. Thats why I still like a Benny Hill chase theme. Probs also why I liked that 90's stuff.

hey BON

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Yeah defo those 3 things make sense. I dont really get into lyrics that often which is probs sacrilege in the highest. Thats why I still like a Benny Hill chase theme. Probs also why I liked that 90's stuff.

hey BON

HAHA its perfect..

Been listening to Red Fang today..
    Not the most technical or polished band going around, just some good dirty stoner rock..
    Such a simple concept for a film clip, but so awesome.. They always have fun clips..
    (Keep an eye out for the old organ getting destroyed.. I thought of you Dunster)

Great film clip.

Next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Next week!

Pretty awesome clip.. A lot less polished than most of their previous ones, but a sweet concept.. haha..
    Love the nod to Glengarry Glen Ross.. haha

Walked down to the King St cinema last night to see Rammstein - Paris.. A concert movie that was released world-wide yesterday..
    Would go see again, pretty damn awesome live show full of their usual pyrotechnics and phallic imagery.. Mixed with some CGI stuff just to keep you going "wtf?" - especially when viewing it not-low..

(On a hilarious note, there was some sort of film festival going on - the lobby was packed out - and a few old nannas definitely found themselves in the wrong theatre, taking in the meaty riffs and massive cock cannons spraying foam in the movie)

It was only just then that I realised it was Arsene Wenger on the keyboards.. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Walked down to the King St cinema last night to see Rammstein - Paris.. A concert movie that was released world-wide yesterday..
    Would go see again, pretty damn awesome live show full of their usual pyrotechnics and phallic imagery.. Mixed with some CGI stuff just to keep you going "wtf?" - especially when viewing it not-low..

(On a hilarious note, there was some sort of film festival going on - the lobby was packed out - and a few old nannas definitely found themselves in the wrong theatre, taking in the meaty riffs and massive cock cannons spraying foam in the movie)

It was only just then that I realised it was Arsene Wenger on the keyboards.. haha

\

A friend who's a borderline Hitler youth type gave me a few CD's and DVD's telling me how awesome they were - I just didn't get it.

It's today!

Have it ready to go when I boot up the computer.

It's today!

Have it ready to go when I boot up the computer.
    Sweeeeeeeeet...
    You just downloading it?

Sweeeeeeeeet...
    You just downloading it?
    Already have. Tempted to put it on now but have a meeting in 50 so won't get it finished.

Already have. Tempted to put it on now but have a meeting in 50 so won't get it finished.
    I've got the vinyl being sent out..
    I am assuming I should be getting an email today with the code for digital download since I've already purchased it..
    Damn keen..

I've got the vinyl being sent out..
    I am assuming I should be getting an email today with the code for digital download since I've already purchased it..
    Damn keen..
    Man... if I had started when I posted at 8:37, I could have finished it with two minutes before meeting. Only 51 long

It is pretty good. My 9:30 meeting got canned so I got to do the whole thing in one sitting.

Have to give it another listen after morning meetings.