Page 47 of 96 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Well that Groovin the Moo shit is on again - can hear the bass notes travelling up the valley towards my place already.
    Same as last year they seem to have put a ban on anyone that can actually play an instrument being allowed on stage.
    I know I'm old and out of touch - but holy shit this crap is terrible. In my day we would have thrown bottles at khunts that played that poorly.
    Is all you can hear is fuzzy bass or overbearing bass drum? Seems to be how sound is set up these days

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Slowdive have put out their first album in 22 years and it's lit - album of the year for me so far.

New At the Drive-In is also surprisingly good.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Heard this in a Halo:CE montage. I was told its from a solid album although the person who told me that was Frodo in the ER when he couldn't remember what month it was or why he was playing in goals.

Solid song.

Quote Originally Posted by NUGUNS View Post
    Heard this in a Halo:CE montage. I was told its from a solid album although the person who told me that was Frodo in the ER when he couldn't remember what month it was or why he was playing in goals.

Solid song.

Yeah man!!! Back when they were good..
    The second that old-mate cut off his dreads, they went extremely sh!t.. (sounds familiar)..
    That's their original bassist too, the dude shreds.. I think I read somewhere that he was taught to play by the one and only Les Claypool..

Did you end up picking up a guitar ? If so, it's a very easy song to learn if you were looking for ideas of things to play.
    Last edited by online; 04-01-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Devy was awesome

The passing of Chris Cornell has me going back and visiting a lot of the classic early grunge and bands that influenced them..
    Melvins are considered the godfathers of grunge and were a huge influence on Kurt Cobain, Soundgarden and even later bands like Tool, Dillinger Escape Plan, etc..
    I know the sound/video quality is very low (came out in '93), but its just so heavy.. 1:30 of thrashin' intro, so good.. Pretty odd clip too, they are out-there interesting dudes.. haha

No matter how many years passed since this clip came out.. it hasn't lost it's actuality here yet.
    And I don't thing it will.
    Last edited by CecileOrt; 07-06-2017 at 09:04 PM.

Josh Homme, what a legend..
    New Queens Of The Stone Age album teaser.. Brilliant..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Josh Homme, what a legend..
    He's got a very nice guitar collection as well. Nothing over the top rare or expensive but some really unusual things like a lot of Maton Master Sounds which most Americans would never have seen.

Amazing song and video by Every Time I Die from their new album Low Teens..
    A bit more of a "get you in the feels" clip about their hometown of Buffalo, NY.. Makes Newy seem pretty nice.. haha

Hello im new here

Nice info, u r provided realy very useful abt to hear.
    KR Makeover has a passion for making every woman look flawlessly gorgeous. We use reputed, high quality, best in class international makeup brands & products, such as MAC, Kryolan, Urban Decay, Makeup Studio and Sephora, in our make-overs.

Took me a while to listen to it but new stone sour is brilliant, better album then the new slipknot 2 years back in my opinion

It's old(ish) news but Dream Theater are bringing Images & Words 25th anniversary tour here. I reckon I am buying tickets and maybe treating myself to some VIP shenanigans for my birthday which is just prior to the Sydney show.

Then Portnoy just happens to be touring with the 12 Step Suite tour when I am in Perth, so might have to check that out as well.

Did you hear for Dubioza Kolektiv?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5xuauDWxYw

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    It's old(ish) news but Dream Theater are bringing Images & Words 25th anniversary tour here. I reckon I am buying tickets and maybe treating myself to some VIP shenanigans for my birthday which is just prior to the Sydney show.

Then Portnoy just happens to be touring with the 12 Step Suite tour when I am in Perth, so might have to check that out as well.
    VIP shenanigans = Coke and hookers

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    VIP shenanigans = Coke and hookers
    I am giving the VIP a miss. Tickets are $160 as it is!

I am giving the VIP a miss. Tickets are $160 as it is!
    It's live music so you can't lose. $160 is pretty good as well.

Man, that sounds pretty awesome..
    Whats this 12 Step Suite?
    I've never done any of the "pay extra for VIP" stuff, what does it usually entail? Like basically just a group meet-and-greet? I'm assuming it isn't as decadent as Dunster is making out..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Man, that sounds pretty awesome..
    Whats this 12 Step Suite?
    I've never done any of the "pay extra for VIP" stuff, what does it usually entail? Like basically just a group meet-and-greet? I'm assuming it isn't as decadent as Dunster is making out..
    It's the combined 5 songs written by Portnoy and his experience with alcoholism, the name being a reference to the AA 12 steps program. They're over 5 albums over a period of 7 years.

The Glass Prison (Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence)
    This Dying Soul (Train of Thought)
    The Root of All Evil (Octavarium)
    Repentance (Systematic Chaos)
    The Shattered Fortress (Black Clouds & Silver Linings)

The Mirror from Awake was his first writing of his struggles with alcohol and drugs, a kind of prequel that's not part of the 12 Steps.

And the VIP stuff varies... Platinum includes band meet & greet, photograph with the band, signing session with the band and limited edition posters, tote bags, lanyards and all that kind of shit. Gold VIP doesn't include meet & greet. So, to meet the band, it's $160 for a ticket and $260 for VIP. $420... is that a sign? Maybe it's weed and not coke and Dunster is right?