Page 48 of 96 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: The Music Thread

Prostitutes are your best friends in the world while you are paying for their services. But once they are off the clock / your money runs out you are just another part of a world they have grown to hate. Paying money to meet a band and get a pic with them really is not much different.

And then there is the whole never meet your heroes thing. Uncle Lester can explain it better than me.

Some wise words from Frank Zappa about the death of the music.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

Zappa.. What a legend..

I don't know whether I should be laughing or crying watching this video. Bitch not only needs a capo for something this simple she's still only playing cowboy chords at this stage of her career.
    Best of all though is the fact her wireless unit does not appear to be turned on - and if it is thankfully she's not in the mix anyway [at the 15 second mark she's not even close to being in the right key]
    Frank Zappa warned us and he was right.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 20-07-2017 at 02:50 PM.

still tho

I like women - no interest in little girls on yachts. How hard would it be though for someone to feed them ? They look terrible.

i only posted it so i could post this

It's a sad time for music when everyone here knows who Taylor Swift is but very few here would recognise this lady who is probably one of the greatest musicians of all time male or female.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    i only posted it so i could post this

I've been looking everywhere for that pic - it should be heritage listed.

Excellent - the same can be said about British TV comedy, in the 60s/70s the heads of comedy always took a punt and some great stuff came about.

Chester Bennington, lead singer of linkin park has apparently committed suicide this morning

Huge loss to me, wasn't crazy about the new album but linkin park will always be a special band in my life

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Chester Bennington, lead singer of linkin park has apparently committed suicide this morning

Huge loss to me, wasn't crazy about the new album but linkin park will always be a special band in my life
    Whilst I was never a fan of LP, the bloke was a very talented singer.. (He did some interesting stuff when filling in for Stone Temple Pilots too)
    Very sad news to hear of his passing..

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    It's the combined 5 songs written by Portnoy and his experience with alcoholism, the name being a reference to the AA 12 steps program. They're over 5 albums over a period of 7 years.

The Glass Prison (Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence)
    This Dying Soul (Train of Thought)
    The Root of All Evil (Octavarium)
    Repentance (Systematic Chaos)
    The Shattered Fortress (Black Clouds & Silver Linings)

The Mirror from Awake was his first writing of his struggles with alcohol and drugs, a kind of prequel that's not part of the 12 Steps.

And the VIP stuff varies... Platinum includes band meet & greet, photograph with the band, signing session with the band and limited edition posters, tote bags, lanyards and all that kind of shit. Gold VIP doesn't include meet & greet. So, to meet the band, it's $160 for a ticket and $260 for VIP. $420... is that a sign? Maybe it's weed and not coke and Dunster is right?

That includes The Mirror that isn't part of it but thematically fits.

Depression is a shit of a thing. Successful career, wife and kids, doing the thing you love means **** all if your brain isn't on board. Like Bon, was never a huge fan but could see the talent there... and him joining STP, particularly the version of Wonderful that was an MP3 download staple back in the day, was... err, wonderful?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post

Never a good thing to see a relatively young man with three children and a wife struggle with living to the point where they can't continue.

Never a good thing to see a relatively young man with three children and a wife struggle with living to the point where they can't continue.
    Six children, wasn't it?

Don't know how true it was but lots of people speculating that he hadn't recovered from Cornell's death who was a close friend... and today would have been his birthday.

I'm not sure if I've posted this before (had a quick scan and didn't see it), but this is quite possibly the greatest Australian metal clip ever.. The song actually goes alright too..
    Dead Kelly with The Legend Of Borry.. Here is Part 1.. Part 2 is another song that follows on but you need to log in to youtube as its classified as "for adults"..
    This one is probably NSFW too..

Last edited by Bon; 26-07-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Best Clip ever.

Best Clip ever.
    It is amazing..
    If you can, get on to watch part 2. It is just as brilliant and continues on where this one left off..

Debut album out from Dead Cross.. Another supergroup with Mike Patton (Faith No More, Fantomas, Mr Bungle, Tomahawk, if you don't know him then you are living under a rock).
    Also has Dave Lombardo (Slayer, Suicidal Tendencies, Misfits, Fantomas) on drums..

Lots of Fantomas influence to it, but with a more hardcore/thrash overtone..
    Patton is God. What a lunatic..

Bloody hell..
    Just saw that The Tea Party are touring in November, 20 years since they released Transmission, and will be playing that album in full..
    The Enmore, Sydney - 10th November..
    All over it.

Anyone else get tickets to see Grinners play Guide To Better Living at the Cambo next week?