Page 54 of 96 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1903

Thread: The Music Thread

Drumming at its finest. Not what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Prepare to piss yourself laughing.

hahaha Brilliant..
    Is that Vujica on the right??

btw, I am still laughing at, and trying to understand, the Mother Goose - Baked Beans clip.. Fvck me, those guys were partying...

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    hahaha Brilliant..
    Is that Vujica on the right??
    btw, I am still laughing at, and trying to understand, the Mother Goose - Baked Beans clip.. Fvck me, those guys were partying...
    bahahah shred is lulz. Much like the dancing in the street. Need to be there for muther goose id reckon

Godzilla with a new bass player.

Joe Duplantier I discovered recently because I'm looking at getting another Charvel and he has a signature model. I'll put a tick next to "does technical death metal".
    All he's using to get his sound is a cranked EVH with a 4x12, a delay, and a noise suppressor. Holy Shit - it sounds huge - but familiar as well.

Crazier still he's using green turtle picks like me as well - I thought he'd be using a house brick to get that sound ffs.
    Pretty damn amazing stuff.. Is the EVH the new one, or the classic 5150? I'll have to have a look..
    I like that it isn't overdone or overproduced to get a particular sound. So many bands these days are just so effects driven, so much sh!t going on. They lose that raw, heavy sound..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Pretty damn amazing stuff.. Is the EVH the new one, or the classic 5150? I'll have to have a look..
    I like that it isn't overdone or overproduced to get a particular sound. So many bands these days are just so effects driven, so much sh!t going on. They lose that raw, heavy sound..
    It's the 5150 I think. Pretty amazing bit of gear. They can do metal but also have a clean sound not unlike a Fender Blackface as well.

I agree about less is best when it comes to effects. For heavy stuff I run an amp with just an analogue delay into the fx loop - that's it. Gave up on overdrive / distortion pedals years ago - they all sound the same.

Horrible sounds coming from Maitland tonight - some people might class it as music - I'm not so sure.

Horrible sounds coming from Maitland tonight - some people might class it as music - I'm not so sure.
    Walked down from Shennanigans last night....what a horrible din coming from Riverside. Someone said there was "music" on....I'm with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Walked down from Shenanigans last night....
    What's the feed like at Shenanigans ? I usually do either of the Thai food places in Maitland, Ken's. or Maitland City Bowling Club for a steak or Chicken Snizz.

What's the feed like at Shenanigans ? I usually do either of the Thai food places in Maitland, Ken's. or Maitland City Bowling Club for a steak or Chicken Snizz.
    Its OK - they do a good bangers and mash and Guiness pie, the rest is standard pub fare. Getting more food in there now - head east away from the mall and you get a stack of restaurants - Thai, Korean/Japanese, the best Indian food in the Hunter at Zaafran, Mexican, Italian and Vietnamese. And the two old pubs have lifted their acts as well. Even a new vegan place starting up next to Outback Jacks. Thank christ there is no real need to head into Newcastle CBD anymore.

Its OK - they do a good bangers and mash and Guiness pie, the rest is standard pub fare. Getting more food in there now - head east away from the mall and you get a stack of restaurants - Thai, Korean/Japanese, the best Indian food in the Hunter at Zaafran, Mexican, Italian and Vietnamese. And the two old pubs have lifted their acts as well. Even a new vegan place starting up next to Outback Jacks. Thank christ there is no real need to head into Newcastle CBD anymore.
    Agreed - The food options around here are excellent. Fratelli Roma is pretty good as well. Have you tried Ometto Pizza at Maitland? They make real pizza's - not the shit in a box the kiddies today call pizza.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 29-01-2018 at 01:33 PM.

Agreed - The food options around here are excellent. Fratelli Roma is pretty good as well. Have you tried Ometto Pizza at Maitland? They make real pizza's - not the shit in a box the kiddies today call pizza.
    Actually, it was Fratelli I went to for dinner from the pub, superb! And we were looking at the pizza joint as well thinking that we have to try it.

Not sure which I’m more happy about, racism now being fixed or knowing that Kendrick Lamar will be the new jingle for my insurance company this time next year.

Thanks Triple-J.

Never heard of Kendrick Lamar.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 30-01-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Not really my thing, but as far as rappers go he's pretty good I believe.
    Quite a talented lyricist and manages to sate both the masses and the hardcore rap fans.

What exactly it is about Humble that made it so popular I don't know, but 20% of people voted for it so clearly a lot of people liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    What exactly it is about Humble that made it so popular I don't know, but 20% of people voted for it so clearly a lot of people liked it.
    Same crowd that voted for Pretty Fly for a White Guy and that insurance jingle a few years back?

Pretty content being on the other side of that fence.

Not being a rap person (being a boring old fart), how do those more in the know rate young Joey's efforts?

Not being a rap person (being a boring old fart), how do those more in the know rate young Joey's efforts?

I subscribed to his channel - good on him for getting into it as an indie artist - it's not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Same crowd that voted for Pretty Fly for a White Guy and that insurance jingle a few years back?

Pretty content being on the other side of that fence.
    Hey Hey Hey that song is dope
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Flow and lyric wise joey is actually quite decent and I’m a fan of his beat selection