Page 55 of 87 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1735

Thread: The Music Thread

  1. #1081
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    806
    A8433A83-5465-432E-A112-4FF5DAE75A6E.jpg

    Anyone who cares have any thoughts on this lineup? Couple of decent Aussie names mixed in with some solid internationals

  2. #1082
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    A8433A83-5465-432E-A112-4FF5DAE75A6E.jpg

    Anyone who cares have any thoughts on this lineup? Couple of decent Aussie names mixed in with some solid internationals
    Anyone wanting to know what most singers sound like without a highly skilled sound engineer and Auto-Tune software should head on down to this event.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 31-01-2018 at 12:51 AM.

  3. #1083
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Never heard of Kendrick Lamar.
    Never took you for a big hip hop guy but I reckon you'd like Kendrick, especially To Pimp a Butterfly.

    For the record he blew up about 5 years ago and has put out three classic albums back-to-back. Most hip hop aficionados and fans already rank him among the greats like Pac, Nas, Biggie, Eminem etc. for his lyrical talent and his artistry.

    He's probably been the most important man in music for the last few years.

    Also Joey's song isn't that bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

    he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully itís the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

  4. #1084
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,308
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    Never took you for a big hip hop guy but I reckon you'd like Kendrick, especially To Pimp a Butterfly.

    For the record he blew up about 5 years ago and has put out three classic albums back-to-back. Most hip hop aficionados and fans already rank him among the greats like Pac, Nas, Biggie, Eminem etc. for his lyrical talent and his artistry.
    One of my mates was a big Rap fan in the 70's when it all again - he said back in 1976 that he thought "Pastime Paradise" from Stevie Wonders "Song's in the Key of Life" would be the future of music.
    So I sort of got into Sugar Hill Gang and GrandMasterFlash when he went solo. Later on same friend got me into Easy-E who I still like to listen to when I'm riding.

    However, I don't like Snoop, Dre, IceCube, Eminem, and so on. Their music is purely designed to make money.

  5. #1085
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,772
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    He's probably been the most important man in music for the last few years.
    You said the same thing about Macklemore.

  6. #1086
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,112
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    Never took you for a big hip hop guy but I reckon you'd like Kendrick, especially To Pimp a Butterfly.

    For the record he blew up about 5 years ago and has put out three classic albums back-to-back. Most hip hop aficionados and fans already rank him among the greats like Pac, Nas, Biggie, Eminem etc. for his lyrical talent and his artistry.

    He's probably been the most important man in music for the last few years.

    Also Joey's song isn't that bad!
    (Scratches Head.)
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  7. #1087
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    You said the same thing about Macklemore.
    eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    (Scratches Head.)
    you need to expand your horizons beyond 90s punk rock mate.

    can you name a bigger/more critically acclaimed/loved artist over the past 5 years?
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

    he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully itís the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

  8. #1088
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,134
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    eh?



    you need to expand your horizons beyond 90s punk rock mate.

    can you name a bigger/more critically acclaimed/loved artist over the past 5 years?
    Adele?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  9. #1089
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    One of my mates was a big Rap fan in the 70's when it all again - he said back in 1976 that he thought "Pastime Paradise" from Stevie Wonders "Song's in the Key of Life" would be the future of music.
    So I sort of got into Sugar Hill Gang and GrandMasterFlash when he went solo. Later on same friend got me into Easy-E who I still like to listen to when I'm riding.

    However, I don't like Snoop, Dre, IceCube, Eminem, and so on. Their music is purely designed to make money.
    see what you make of this? probably one of my fav songs of his latest, Damn.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKVZqKVJgJ4

    and this is from To Pimp A Butterfly

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-48u_uWMHY
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

    he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully itís the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

  10. #1090
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,112
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    eh?



    you need to expand your horizons beyond 90s punk rock mate.

    can you name a bigger/more critically acclaimed/loved artist over the past 5 years?
    I listen to loads of stuff these days provided its actually good. (Ive listened to humble almost a dozen times since it came number 1 in the top 100 and for the life of me still cant figure out why.)

    And Thats a subjective question because the masses want stuff thats simple and readily accessible and thats translates well to pop and modern hip/hop and rap which means more people listen to it so it gets more airtime which equals to more popularity and sales, But if I had to put a name in the ring simply on quality of their recent released stuff id have to say The Foo Fighters. Also explain what you mean by most important man is music. Do you mean in reviving his genre of music?, Inspiring loads of other musical artists? or something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  11. #1091
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    I listen to loads of stuff these days provided its actually good. (Ive listened to humble almost a dozen times since it came number 1 in the top 100 and for the life of me still cant figure out why.)

    And Thats a subjective question because the masses want stuff thats simple and readily accessible and thats translates well to pop and modern hip/hop and rap which means more people listen to it so it gets more airtime which equals to more popularity and sales, But if I had to put a name in the ring simply on quality of their recent released stuff id have to say The Foo Fighters. Also explain what you mean by most important man is music. Do you mean in reviving his genre of music?, Inspiring loads of other musical artists? or something else?
    The Foo Fighters would be totally irrelevant today if they weren't such an established band. They haven't put out a good album in years (I actually really liked Wasting Light - that came out in 2011). Try again.

    He's the most important man in music because he is universally loved by critics, his peers and fellow musicians, hip hop heads, casual fans and even Barrack Obama. No one else in music has had the same aura and cross over success as he has had. He's an icon of this generation, and it's for the right reasons; his music is provocative, political, technically fantastic, he tells important stories, and he can write a banging pop tune.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

    he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully itís the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

  12. #1092
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,112
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    The Foo Fighters would be totally irrelevant today if they weren't such an established band. They haven't put out a good album in years (I actually really liked Wasting Light - that came out in 2011). Try again.

    He's the most important man in music because he is universally loved by critics, his peers and fellow musicians, hip hop heads, casual fans and even Barrack Obama. No one else in music has had the same aura and cross over success as he has had. He's an icon of this generation, and it's for the right reasons; his music is provocative, political, technically fantastic, he tells important stories, and he can write a banging pop tune.
    Their lastest album was top notch and well just have to agree to disagree. Id love to be into music like this but nothing clicks or engages me when I hear it
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  13. #1093
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,772
    Isn't Kendrick the new Kanye who was the new Jay Z who was the new Diddy who probably took the torch from someone etc etc.

    My only concern is how quick we are to labelling someone the 'best ever' (the boffins words, not yours Parksey) then move on as soon as the shiny new thing comes along.

    Its actually a good parallel to the Foo Fighters. For some reason people keep coming back to them whereas in Hip Hop it seems legacy doesnt last as long.
    (Foo Fighters had 2 studio albums out before Diddy released his first one - geez).

    Personally every time THE NEW Foo Fighters song comes on I'm like "oh thats a pretty good Foo Fighters song" but by the 3rd listen i hate it and never want to hear it again.

    Im no Kendrick aficionado either but i loved King Kunta but think Humble is a nothing song.

    Great video though. really great.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  14. #1094
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,641
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Isn't Kendrick the new Kanye who was the new Jay Z who was the new Diddy who probably took the torch from someone etc etc.

    My only concern is how quick we are to labelling someone the 'best ever' (the boffins words, not yours Parksey) then move on as soon as the shiny new thing comes along.

    Its actually a good parallel to the Foo Fighters. For some reason people keep coming back to them whereas in Hip Hop it seems legacy doesnt last as long.
    (Foo Fighters had 2 studio albums out before Diddy released his first one - geez).

    Personally every time THE NEW Foo Fighters song comes on I'm like "oh thats a pretty good Foo Fighters song" but by the 3rd listen i hate it and never want to hear it again.

    Im no Kendrick aficionado either but i loved King Kunta but think Humble is a nothing song.

    Great video though. really great.
    ayo plizzle.

    kendrick is decent but i'm struggling to get him into my top 10.

    however - i can see why people are on him. the competition is trash. look at the dudes he's up against ffs

    http://bigghostlimited.com/big-ghost...s-in-the-game/

  15. #1095
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,772
    legit question for hip hop fans.

    Is Eminem good?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  16. #1096
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    ayo plizzle.

    kendrick is decent but i'm struggling to get him into my top 10.

    however - i can see why people are on him. the competition is trash. look at the dudes he's up against ffs

    http://bigghostlimited.com/big-ghost...s-in-the-game/
    yeah but your top 10 probably includes each individual member of Wu Tang and Tribe Called Quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

    he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully itís the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

  17. #1097
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,308
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    see what you make of this? probably one of my fav songs of his latest, Damn.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKVZqKVJgJ4

    and this is from To Pimp A Butterfly

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-48u_uWMHY
    He's a 21st Century Bob Dylan. The music itself doesn't come close but the lyrics and content is as relevant and poweful today as Dylan was in the 60's.

    However, the music itself goes nowhere which may be intentional but it needs to be more creative to hold my attention.

    Overall not for me but I can see it being important for others.

  18. #1098
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,641
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    yeah but your top 10 probably includes each individual member of Wu Tang and Tribe Called Quest.
    you know i've never actually been a huge tribe fan. my tastes lean more to the highly ignorant

  19. #1099
    Senior Member WolfMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,928
    Canít believe Parkesy left ďFreeĒ off his TPAB list.

    Always singing that to my wife

  20. #1100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,308
    At the barbers today and they had Beastie Boys tunes playing. I'd forgot how great they were.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •