Page 70 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1903

Thread: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Cheers. Might get down to the Grand Junction Hotel - I checked out some videos,and saw some familiar faces.

Strike Anywhere are from the USA, have been around for almost 20 years, the members of the band are over 40 years old.

This is the problem - where are the new local up and coming acts getting an opportunity to ply their trade ?
    Oh yea, the Strike Anywhere statement wasn't a suggestion they are Aussie, young, or up and coming, just letting people know who might be interested.
    But the Hamo Staysh have local gigs 3-4 times per week.

Trophy Eyes at the cambridge was insane

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Trophy Eyes at the cambridge was insane
    Finally, an example of a young local band. Well done Stanny.

We need more of them.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    it really is worth looking back at the Hottest 100 from many years ago (especially for cunce as old as me who can remember them back to when you used to have to post them in) and comparing the winning songs from back then to the winners from today

some absolute garbage has won the thing, especially back in the days that old cunce talk about as 'when it was good'

sanctimonious old farts my age acting like it's gone commercial and popular - it always bloody well was

crap like Arsehole by Dennis Leary, Zombie by the Cranberries, No Aphrodisiac by The Whitlams, ****ing Offspring have all come in No.1 for fuxake

commercial shit like Blind Melon, U2, Pearl Jam, Coolio, Everclear, Blink 182, Marilyn Manson, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Coldplay, Foo Fighters all made the top ten over those years

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    it really is worth looking back at the Hottest 100 from many years ago (especially for cunce as old as me who can remember them back to when you used to have to post them in) and comparing the winning songs from back then to the winners from today

some absolute garbage has won the thing, especially back in the days that old cunce talk about as 'when it was good'

sanctimonious old farts my age acting like it's gone commercial and popular - it always bloody well was

crap like Arsehole by Dennis Leary, Zombie by the Cranberries, No Aphrodisiac by The Whitlams, ****ing Offspring have all come in No.1 for fuxake

commercial shit like Blind Melon, U2, Pearl Jam, Coolio, Everclear, Blink 182, Marilyn Manson, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Coldplay, Foo Fighters all made the top ten over those years
    All I see is you naming alot of good artists not sure what the problem is

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    exactly

Complaining about the Hottest 100 winners just means you don't like popular music. It's a democracy, not a peer review. I very much dislike Ocean Alley, but they are the 2nd most played band on JJJ this year. Can't really complain with the result, it was the clear favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

End of the day just turn off the radio put on spotify or ya phone and listen to your own music

Banned
    Pretentious 100 is ok. Cant please everyone all the time.

ABC use it as a political stage to recruit young outraged lefties cry to over the latest facebook problems

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Pretentious 100 is ok. Cant please everyone all the time.

ABC use it as a political stage to recruit young outraged lefties cry to over the latest facebook problems
    Or it's just a music poll? Actually, yes. It is just a music poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Two types of listeners. Those who listen to albums, those who listen to singles.

I'm in the album camp.

Most people are in the singles camp - and it's been that way for as long as I can remember.

Two types of listeners. Those who listen to albums, those who listen to singles.

I'm in the album camp.

Most people are in the singles camp - and it's been that way for as long as I can remember.
    Some people do both depending on how much they are into an Artist
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

I'm in the album camp.

Only reason to get a single is for the B-side, otherwise an album should be listened to from the start to finish, no shuffle.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Only reason to get a single is for the B-side, otherwise an album should be listened to from the start to finish, no shuffle.
    Green Day - Good Riddance [Time of your Life] was originally released in 1994 as the B-side to Brain Stew.

Unfortunately they did a McCartney / Spector [Long and Winding Road] on the original version and ****ed it up with strings and other bullshit it didn't need in 1997

I listened to the song that won hottest 100.
    I'd never heard the song or the artist before.
    I didnt like the song.
    Is there something else to the artist that made this song popular?
    Because for a one off song it doesn't exactly hit you with 'smells like reen spirit' type of emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I didnt like the song.
    Because for a one off song it doesn't exactly hit you with 'smells like reen spirit' type of emotions.
    Apparently that artist is the second most played one of 2018 on JJJ

actually looking back over the last 20 years of winners i can see in most cases why a particular song won.even if i didnt dig it personally, you could always see why people thought it was a good song.
    It either had huge hooks like Muse, Franz Ferdinand or QOTA (yes, and even Jet).
    or they were classic drunken singalong songs (Zombie, Wonderwall, Amazing, One crowded hour)
    or it was during Powderfingers run of writing single after single that were so radio friendly you couldnt not get involved.

id contend that its only really fallen apart in the last few years, like the Rubens, Kendrick Lamar and Chet Faker, These were all pretty lame songs, but (esp in Kendricks case) it was to make up for previous snubs.

Hottest 100 is fast becoming like the Oscars, where as people are more concerned about voting for the 'right' song vs voting for the song they like the most. You only have to see by everyone rushing to post their votes on social media. in the old days no one knew you voted for Offspring, and today even if you thought it was the dopest song ever written, you are now scared of peoples reactions if you vote for it.

im convinced this is how Tame Impala became popular. Because their music is garbage, but man oh man ive never heard from anyone hating on them in public.
    Last edited by plague; 28-01-2019 at 11:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Apparently that artist is the second most played one of 2018 on JJJ
    but isnt it nowadays a self fulfilling prophecy?
    Triple J says its cool, fans then want to look cool, so yell really loudly "yes i think its cool too" then Triple J hears the fans saying its cool, so then they play it to keep the fans happy.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I didnt like the song.
    They are very good musicians with a great vocalist. Try this one Plague.

Problem majority of hottest 100 people havent been exposed to music that isnt normally found on Australian Radio. So they cant vote for what they haven't heard which is often in my bias opinion better then alot of the stuff that got in the top 100