Page 77 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1903

Thread: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Their recordings were always great - even if you didn't like the content - the mixes and mastering was always top notch.
    you can twist and turn the knobs and dials all you like but to my ears that shit is always gonna sound like to cats ****ing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    you can twist and turn the knobs and dials all you like but to my ears that shit is always gonna sound like to cats ****ing.
    Blasphemy!!!!
    I'm with Dunster on this one.. (obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Blasphemy!!!!
    I'm with Dunster on this one.. (obviously)
    I saw them at the Hordern Pavillion in 1985 [$20 a ticket]- about a week or so after I saw Queen [$25] at the Sydney Entertainment Centre.

Maiden also played The Civic in Newcastle on the following night but unfortunately I didn't make it back in time.

I saw them at the Hordern Pavillion in 1985 [$20 a ticket]- about a week or so after I saw Queen [$25] at the Sydney Entertainment Centre.

Maiden also played The Civic in Newcastle on the following night but unfortunately I didn't make it back in time.
    Oh man... In their prime!!!
    I only got to see Maiden at Acer Arena (I think it was still called then) back in 2008... Still, they put on a bloody good show, Dicko was running everywhere like a madman..

Just put on Alchemy Dire Straits. Could be the best live album ever released - it's definitely the best thing Dire Straits ever did.

Other live albums that come to mind are:

Slade Alive
    Deep Purple Made in Japan
    The Who Live at Leeds
    Kiss Alive

Just put on Alchemy Dire Straits. Could be the best live album ever released - it's definitely the best thing Dire Straits ever did.

Other live albums that come to mind are:

Slade Alive
    Deep Purple Made in Japan
    The Who Live at Leeds
    Kiss Alive
    Brilliant selection - don't have Kiss Alive but know how derivative it is of the Slade version mentioned up top, the only one of those bands I regretfully have not seen live despite owning their complete catalogue.

Slade are probably the most successful British band that pretty much nobody under 50 has heard of.
    17 top 20 singles and six number ones in the UK when the Beatles, Stones, Led Zeppelin, Kinks, and a host of others were all at their peak.
    They pretty much started Glam Rock and both Punk and Grunge are heavily in debt to them.

Last edited by The Dunster; 22-08-2019 at 09:11 AM.

You lot are more universal in your music than me...

What the **** is the appeal with Belle & Sebastian? Is it because they are inoffensive and barely music?

Slade were the biggest band in this country for a short period 1972/3. Top 2 or 3 singles and albums when they toured. Check out live at Randwick Racecourse on Youtube to gauge how big.
    Their greatest songs are well known and their Christmas song is in the top 3 of all time. Great songwriting team with incredible variety, even acted in their own movie.
    All coming through the amazing voice of Noddy Holder...the greatest of the rock screamers, it was no wonder ACDC wanted him before Brian. Just check out the start of any live version of "Get Down Get With It".

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    You lot are more universal in your music than me...

What the **** is the appeal with Belle & Sebastian? Is it because they are inoffensive and barely music?
    It's sad bastard music for the emos and the cutters.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 22-08-2019 at 06:23 PM.

It's sad bastard music for the emos and the cutters.
    I like sad music. It just sounds like nothing music. People talking in a tuneful voice, not actually singing. Boring, unobtrusive music. Bland as ****. Nothing emo sounding in the album I was forced to listen to... just big **** off boringness.

In good music... I have been revisiting Ayreon. What a convoluted master piece that collection of work is.

Taylor Swift breaking up with boyfriends and listening to Mazzy Star records, comes up with another good piece of pop music.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

In good music... I have been revisiting Ayreon. What a convoluted master piece that collection of work is.
    Genesis - Selling England By the Pound

Pretty sure you will like it.

Bit of a Jethro Tull vibe to it.

Awesome..

Actually, I saw that Martin Barre is playing at the Small Ballroom on Nov 21.. Celebrating 50 years of Jethro Tull..

Devy is playing Seymour Centre in 3 weeks. An Evening With... style solo show before he embarks on his world wide tour.

Am pumped. Excellent birthday present to me.

Not just a bit of a vibe... little bit in The Battle of Epping Forest that sounds like it's lifted straight from Thick as a Brick.

Not just a bit of a vibe... little bit in The Battle of Epping Forest that sounds like it's lifted straight from Thick as a Brick.
    Wouldn't be the first band to lift something from Jethro Tull.

Last edited by The Dunster; 23-08-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Wouldn't be the first band to lift something from Jethro Tull.
    Anderson answered an interview question on that which is pretty much the concept for an Arjen Anthony Lucassen song.

]
    It's difficult to find a chord sequence that hasn't been used, and hasn't been the focus of lots of pieces of music. It's harmonic progression is almost a mathematical certainty you're gonna crop up with the same thing sooner or later if you sit strumming a few chords on a guitar.

Anderson answered an interview question on that which is pretty much the concept for an Arjen Anthony Lucassen song.

]

Umm. The Eagles played on the same bill as Tull when they were playing this song. Hotel California came later.
    Anyone that plays knows Felder lifted this riff for Hotel California - it's blatant.
    The recorded / famous version of Hotel California you know is in B Minor - but the original demo of Hotel California is in E Minor the same as this Tull song.
    It's not a simple case of a chord progression - it's modal as well.
    Unfortunately, the truth in these matters gets buried by who ever has the most money for legal representation.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 23-08-2019 at 11:58 AM.