Page 79 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1903

Thread: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    I have multiple issues.

1. Why would multi-millionaires, one of whom is shacked up with Beckham be living in council flats?
    2. They didn't really have each other did they?
    3. Why would such a successful band that makes millions selling to kids be singing to a crowd of ten at the local pensioner meeting?

Seriously this is like music videos of supposed hard rockers jamming hard............But they forget to have the guitars and amps hooked to power..............
    ffs. Next you will be saying Citizen Kane is a better movie than Spice World.

Well, that was ****ing awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Well, that was ****ing awesome.
    He's a great musician and in a small setting like that it would be hard to beat.
    Was it all acoustic or was there a bit of electric guitar as well?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    He's a great musician and in a small setting like that it would be hard to beat.
    Was it all acoustic or was there a bit of electric guitar as well?
    All acoustic. Did a few SYL songs that were amazing and almost unrecognisable. About 2 hours singing, 40 minutes talking and questions.

Someone filmed a few from last night. Cheers MJ, happy 40th for 11 days from now.

Unreal man!!!
    You have decent seats??
    Anyone throw any ridiculous/idiotic questions at him? haha

I know this is far from metal, but I can't stop listening to the new Ghost track..
    (As part of their usual storyline stuff, its basically reflecting on how Papa and Sister were back in the 60's - to go with an EP they are releasing soon that has that sound/vibe)
    While the clip is a massive piss-take and is funny, can't deny that Tobias Forge knows how to write a bloody catchy song..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Unreal man!!!
    You have decent seats??
    Anyone throw any ridiculous/idiotic questions at him? haha
    Dunno if you have ever been to the Seymour Centre but the York Theatre is basically a small university lecture hall. 700 people or so, not a bad seat in there. We were 6 rows back, just off to his right. Maybe 3 seats behind the person filming this. Was awesome.

And not really. Some serious stuff about death and loss and mid life crisis, lots of stuff about inspiration for albums or songs or influences and shit like that.

Love that the Who are releasing their new (and probably final) album on cassette.

My first Who album - Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy was a cassette so it has turned full circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Dunno if you have ever been to the Seymour Centre but the York Theatre is basically a small university lecture hall. 700 people or so, not a bad seat in there. We were 6 rows back, just off to his right. Maybe 3 seats behind the person filming this. Was awesome.
    Saw David Baddiel there last year, great little intimate theatre!
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 16-09-2019 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Love that the Who are releasing their new (and probably final) album on cassette.

My first Who album - Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy was a cassette so it has turned full circle.
    Roger thinks its their best album since Quadrophenia. Although he said similar things about Endless Wire which was a good though not great album.

I own several hundred Who records and Sellout, Quick One, and Tommy, and Leeds are probably the most played. I like Quadrophenia as well - but it can be tough to get through at times. Who's Next has some great songs on it - but it just doesn't have the magic for me like some of the others do.

My Fav Song. Sparks / Amazing Journey.

Last edited by The Dunster; 16-09-2019 at 11:30 PM.

I expect this one to be of similar ilk to Endless Wire - fine and listenable but nothing spectacular. Pete Townshend is too good a songwriter for it to be crap.

Roger has recently done some good stuff with Wilko Johnson and his own solo album so he should be sounding ok. Loved the old quirky stuff though, like Dogs, Dogs Part 2, Waspman, Now I'm a Farmer and I still flog Who's Next to bits....especially on the vinyl. Always preferred Quadrophenia the movie to the hard slog of the album, especially the directors cut.

Do seriously miss the greatest bass player of all time though...the look of disdain when Townshend does his famous knee slide....priceless!

Last edited by Jetmaster; 17-09-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I expect this one to be of similar ilk to Endless Wire - fine and listenable but nothing spectacular. Pete Townshend is too good a songwriter for it to be crap.

Roger has recently done some good stuff with Wilko Johnson and his own solo album so he should be sounding ok. Loved the old quirky stuff though, like Dogs, Dogs Part 2, Waspman, Now I'm a Farmer and I still flog Who's Next to bits....especially on the vinyl. Always preferred Quadrophenia the movie to the hard slog of the album, especially the directors cut.

Do seriously miss the greatest bass player of all time though...the look of disdain when Townshend does his famous knee slide....priceless!

Did you know that's probably the last time the band actually played together with Keith and John in front of an audience? They needed footage for the movie so they got the band together, invited some people along and made this recording. Prior to this the band had not toured since late 1976.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 17-09-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Indeed - an extra gig at Shepperton Studios because the Kilburn gig they meant to use wasn't up to speed.

And they freeze Keith at the end of "Kids" after jumping over his kit as it was the last time he played with the Who....sniff, sniff, bwaaaahhhhhh!!!!

This seemed the best place to put this. Apologies Couscous in advance if you believe thread placement is not ideal.

For anyone into Novocastrian history, today is the 40 year anniversary of the Star Hotel Riot.

OK

For those playing at home The Heroes were a band with a mostly young female following.
    The Star was a shithole that nobody with any class or appreciation for good music would even consider going to.
    The big fat cop put his foot through the Drummers kick/bass drum - then it all turned to shit. It might have been an accident - but then again it might not have been.
    Interesting that the band never mention this anymore.
    Oh and Cold Chisel never played at The Star.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 19-09-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Is this the place to talk about Daniel Johns suing the Sunday Telegraph?

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    it's a ridiculous story - good on him for taking legal action against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    If he was struggling for money anytime recently, he won't be very soon. Easy money for his lawyer.
    Last edited by Frodo; 20-09-2019 at 04:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Got my tickets to Unify Gathering 2020, hopefully it's the same fun as last year.

Lineup looks good enough to enjoy, looking forward to seeing some up and coming Aussie bands like that year.

UNIFY GATHERING 2020:
    Architects and The Ghost Inside

Joining Northlane, Polaris, Silverstein, Tonight Alive & Friends, Make Them Suffer, Stray From the Path, Dear Seattle, Void Of Vision, Antagonist AD, Knocked Loose, Tired Lion, Kublai Khan TX, The Beautiful Monument, Eat Your Heart Out, Between You And Me, The Brave, Diamond Construct, Columbus, Tapestry, Sleep Talk, Caged Existence, Something Something Explosion
    Also, can't wait to see Architects again. One of the best live bands I've ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.