14 87.50%
  • No - move back to Bay 2

2 12.50%
  • slobs (dont know/dont care/etc)

0 0%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Squadron Relocation: Your thoughts please

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
    Probably already been mentioned, but is anyone else bothered by the fact the players won't be seeing tifo dislplays, standards/banners and active support when they exit the tunnel? Seems a fruitless exercise to me with more to lose than gain.

Opposition active support should be Bay 60, like it was very briefly a few seasons ago. Don't know why they ever changed this. Wouldn't this alleviate the security concerns? Why move the sqaudron when it's as easy as relocating away supporrters?

Also, what the f*ck has happened to Bay 2 (let alone Bay 1)?? The biggest problem active support is facing is much more simple than location - it's just a pure lack of people.
    I get your point sanch, but after walking out, they then turn around for obligatory photos etc etc
    "Lack of people" could very well be. A result of the location as much as anything. The new western stand has attracted much of the crowd to get out of the sun. Lots of people I speak to who like me haven't been around much list "the ****ing sun" as one key reason for not being in the bays as often, or for as long.

I think this would be a great move. I think I suggested it when the western stand was first completed.

The sun is a huge factor. You look at how baseball stadiums are positioned and seated and there is usually minimal seating looking into the sun or very few people sitting there during day games. So if baseball broadcasters can show empty seats in the sun why should it matter for the Jets?

Also, the western stand is much more likely to join in. The kids always join in when the game is exciting and the chants are loud enough to hear.
    Last edited by hausmann; 11-01-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Good move I say....and I can still c u from bay 67 and might even join in at times

Think you guys should stay in bay 2 or move to one of the ends behind the goals (in a perfect world of course, i know this has been discussed before). I like seeing the squadron on tv.

In saying that, i'm not in the bunch of poor bastards standing out in the sun. Though i wish i was and may possibly be in about 3 or 4 years time.

Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post
    Think you guys should stay in bay 2 or move to one of the ends behind the goals (in a perfect world of course, i know this has been discussed before). I like seeing the squadron on tv.

In saying that, i'm not in the bunch of poor bastards standing out in the sun. Though i wish i was and may possibly be in about 3 or 4 years time.
    No behind goals until hill fully seated. youll appreciate 60 when the time comes. not making any promises that it will be better on the support front straight up.

All in all I dont think many people care what the squad does which is good. big picture is results, good crowds and some atmosphere.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Anyone asked griff yet?

Dear god, some of the mouthbreathers opinions on FB after the announcement are ridiculous. Can we just relocate them south of pv4 and make them double the coastie crowd numbers?

best to just stop listening, it's all small picture morons beating themselves into a frenzy

if half the people on there spent more time getting around it rather than telling everyone how much they hate it, you might see a change

absolute windowlickers

Agreed. Also, the tone of the announcement really reads as "we are doing all we can to accommodate the RBB" rather than the actual positives that have been listed in here.

"Where did all the people who used to sit in The Squadron go?" ask all the people who used to sit in The Squadron.

tbh I think the reaction was actually pretty good. Only people complaining are the ones who were never going to be a part of it anyway, not fussed about their opinions. Reactions from actual bay 2 peeps + general public has been overwhelmingly positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Agreed. Also, the tone of the announcement really reads as "we are doing all we can to accommodate the RBB" rather than the actual positives that have been listed in here.
    Hence why I am currently drafting up a Squadron statement to outline our position in more detail. Will be posted later today
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Hence why I am currently drafting up a Squadron statement to outline our position in more detail. Will be posted later today
    Maybe I should delete the furns = shit thread from the main foz.

:heart:thersmilieswedonthave:

In the article Robbie Middleby said "This relocation is a trial for what we hope will be the biggest match of the year."
    why isn't the F3 derby the biggest game of the year

I am strongly against having our crowd forced to move from bay 9 to accommodate rbb crims. Disgrace.

Plus do we get secos in between the crowd like happens at Pirtek to stop scum from getting into our crowd.

I'd be happy to hear the real story from management without the "this is no real issue crap".
    Last edited by hawk; 13-01-2014 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    In the article Robbie Middleby said "This relocation is a trial for what we hope will be the biggest match of the year."
    why isn't the F3 derby the biggest game of the year
    Because the Gypos have no fans

Change places!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    I am strongly against having our crowd forced to move from bay 9 to accommodate rbb.
    I completely agree with this. If I were a ticket holder in that area I'd be pissed.

Squadron statement regarding the relocation
    http://www.newcastlefootball.net/hom...on-relocation/
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

i haven't read the whole thread but is it going to be possible to get a bay 60 ticket if i do not currently have a bay 2 ticket? (i'm in bay 3 fwiw)

Quote Originally Posted by toad View Post
    i haven't read the whole thread but is it going to be possible to get a bay 60 ticket if i do not currently have a bay 2 ticket? (i'm in bay 3 fwiw)
    easy done, on gameday you can goto the ticket office and change your matchday ticket to bay 60, you maybe able to call the club prior and change it as well.

because you have a reserved ticket already it should not cost any extra $$
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!