14 87.50%
  • No - move back to Bay 2

2 12.50%
  • slobs (dont know/dont care/etc)

0 0%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Squadron Relocation: Your thoughts please

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    I think I speak for 99% of the western stand when i say no, too much noise, beer line too long
    I do disagree with you. Having spoken to several others in the Western stand...

Banned
    I think I speak for 99% of the western stand when i say no, too much noise, beer line too long
    The beer line is too long in the Western Stand already point blank. Another 100 or so will make **** all difference

I read the twitter comments & if I understand there a thoughts of moving to bay 60.
    The bad; 1. The fans in the Western stand won't be able to see you 2. How would the TIFO's be managed as tv cameras pointing to the east.
    The good; 1. I think there is a greater chance of fan engagement as it is easier to join in with someone beside u rather then someone who you are looking at. 2. Being on the western side I think will show the doubters that the Sauadron wants to be inclusive & it will put the squadron in a better position to lead the the rest to the Jets supporters (but still be able to show the what active support is all about). 3. Could be a good move to engage all those on the southern hill. hopefully these comments add a little to the decision making process.
    Comments from a western stand regular who I have a good relationship with.

They sell beer??? When did that happen?

Tifo's in bay 60 would be easier for players to see both when then line up for the game after coming out, and when they walk off. TV cameras should be lowest priority. Tifo is about lifting the team and the crowd.

Banned
    Plus one other positive of being in Bay 60 as that you will be closer to Middleby /Palmer GVE etc

The "WE WANT GARY OUT" chant will not go unheard by any of them

Negative: will not get to look up at MFKS on his perch above Bay 1/2
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Problem with that is NSW teams at least a lot will catch the train back and could be forced to miss most suited one if held in 30 mins.
    If it's a "high risk" game, then the police can liaise with the transport department and add a service for the RBB. If the powers that be are serious about safety for all an extra train can be organised.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Negative: will not get to look up at MFKS on his perch above Bay 1/2
    Militia I actually MOVED to bay 69 this season.

You are actually moving closer to us. Down below us and 20-30 yards away

Just watch the highlights from the game on the weekend. The lower tier of the Eastern Stand looked all but empty on TV, maybe the nice people from fox sports can take their cameras to the Eastern Stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Something else I thought of which will be a positive:

The players warm up in that corner and walk off their to get ready, at half time and at full time.

What better way to walk off than going past the chanting, cheering squadron!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Something else I thought of which will be a positive:

The players warm up in that corner and walk off their to get ready, at half time and at full time.

What better way to walk off than going past the chanting, cheering squadron!
    Great point

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Umm as for the issue of where Squadron are located to me this is a separate issue.

My Issue with this matter is different to recent posts

One thing I find quite ironic is that many a time in recent weeks many posters on the Foz have been highly critical of HSG/Jets and RIGHTLY FUC K ING SO for ****ing over their PAYING members to accommodate these ****ing RBB SCUM

Now the club comes to you and asks you to move to accommodate the ****ing RBB SCUM so the club Security/Police can avoid their responsibilities with dealing with them and you ****ers are standing for this and think it is a good idea??

Sure move to the Western Stand if that's what you want to do but I am pretty irritated the Club is asking Jets fans once again to bend over backwards and accommodate these ****ing House Upstarts.

Also you move and what happens to the other couple of thousand in the Eastern Stand. They are still able to be harassed/attacked etc by this RBB SCUM
    Just to clarify, this wasnt initially raised by the club.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

How about show some ****ing heart and stay where you are...WSW isn't a "high risk" game you muppets, you're just scared shitless of a couple of blokes with flares...this is where the squadron have always been situated and this is where we always should be.

No wonder people are leaving in droves when the main "stakeholders" and "committee members" are ****ing cowards

Quote Originally Posted by newi24-2-08 View Post
    How about show some ****ing heart and stay where you are...WSW isn't a "high risk" game you muppets, you're just scared shitless of a couple of blokes with flares...this is where the squadron have always been situated and this is where we always should be.

No wonder people are leaving in droves when the main "stakeholders" and "committee members" are ****ing cowards
    Being open to change and working with stakeholders doesn't make you a coward. In fact it's the opposite. To embrace it and look at alternatives to improve the squadron is in fact the opposite of cowardly.

It depends on how you look at it.

Cowards for donating their time/effort to run something that benefits most of the stadium? Hardly.

No, cowardly would be sitting back doing nothing and taking potshots when you don't like something.
    Last edited by sammydog; 08-01-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Great point
    Thanks Gaz!

*cough* my wife thought it up *cough*

How is looking to move to a different spot of the stadium that will encourage wider active support a cowardly act? Ignore what the trigger for all of this was - a bunch of WSW mongs going places they shouldn't have or security (allegedly) not doing their job...

A move to Bay 60 would see the main silver/gold membership areas closer to the active support, put the group diagonally opposite the away support for better stadium wide sound, it's out of the harsh afternoon sunlight, the active supporters can continue to watch the game whilst facing forward and actively supporting instead of having to break out of chants/jumping to look at sudden goal mouth activity at the north end...

How exactly is any of that a bad thing?

I feel so cowardly about this move.

Or is that excitement and anticipation?

A chance to re-invigorate and build on our solid base.
    A chance to try something new in a new area with new possibilities.
    A location where away fans are visible to us so we can compete, and best them in the stands
    A location where we can include a new group who have previously been left out.
    A place where we are out of the heat and the sun. Making being active and moving comfortable rather than exhausting.

I don't think it is cowardice I feel after all...

the squadron committee leader pondering his next move
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!