14 87.50%
  • No - move back to Bay 2

2 12.50%
  • slobs (dont know/dont care/etc)

0 0%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Squadron Relocation: Your thoughts please

Quote Originally Posted by newi24-2-08 View Post
    This epitomises everything wrong with the squadron. Ban someone for having an opinion on the way they think the stadium should be run....got to be kidding me. Ban everyone that doesn't agree with "furns" lmao.

How about you guys try and figure out some decent chants and get your OWN members to sing with you before you start trying to recruit other kids and elderly members from the western stand
    To be fair your 1st comment was stupid and this 2nd one is equally off the mark. Why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Cheers militia, but following on from that, it seems that the FFA and Jets are taking a huge risk assuming that the problem fans will be in the away bays. Also, what's to stop the RBB walking around to Bay 60?
    PMed you.

It's good to see suggestions re security and whatnot being made, it gives us issues that we can bring to future meetings with the club/security/police or further weight to our current arguments. That goes for any Jets supporter btw, whether you're in Bay 1 or Bay 55. kutgw nf.net.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Cheers militia, but following on from that, it seems that the FFA and Jets are taking a huge risk assuming that the problem fans will be in the away bays. Also, what's to stop the RBB walking around to Bay 60?
    I think your putting too much emphasis on actions of the away crowd T. Its also a trial to see if the sound, tifos, and shade will be different in another spot.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Bay 60/59 is easier to close off from 58.

The entry and exit points at the back of the bays back out into the concourse are less open too.
    You guys know there's a walkway that runs along the whole length of the western stand, 3/4 the way up the seated area ?

It is still far less open than the eastern stand.

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    You guys know there's a walkway that runs along the whole length of the western stand, 3/4 the way up the seated area ?
    Yep. But I think the amount of rows of seats interrupted by the players race and other things blocking seats makes moving through the stand much more difficult.

As mentioned by hawk though, this idea is not driven by what the away fans might do.

There's been plenty of feedback about a range of issues, chants, "exclusivity" and the a big one has been the sun. Works being done on points 1 & 2, this move would help point 3.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 09-01-2014 at 09:33 AM.

The southern hill pissheads might even be tempted to mosey on over to bay 60

Quote Originally Posted by newi24-2-08 View Post
    This epitomises everything wrong with the squadron. Ban someone for having an opinion on the way they think the stadium should be run....got to be kidding me. Ban everyone that doesn't agree with "furns" lmao.

How about you guys try and figure out some decent chants and get your OWN members to sing with you before you start trying to recruit other kids and elderly members from the western stand
    The problem was not your opinion.
    It was the way you said it that was the issue.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

I have no desire to be part of the squadron or to join in on the chants, but if they move I'll probably go to the western stand as well - because it's going to be as boring as bat-shit in Bay three without the squadron next to us.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    The problem was not your opinion.
    It was the way you said it that was the issue.
    He may have been a bit harsh, he may not have.
    He is right though, as I have been a member for the past 2 seasons and sit in the bay next to the squadron I continually see young teenagers there not chanting just talking and laughing and doing there own thing,
    why not kick them out of the squadron if they are not going to continually chant? as that is what you guys are there to do, and to support the Jets obviously. Seems like they are just there to say they are part of
    the squadron, surely there are numerous amounts of people that would want to be standing there chanting but I guess not with some of the immature teenagers that are there. Granted though you guys do have some good
    chants and it is entertaining, but to be honest the 5-10 blokes who stand up against the wall in bay 3 behind me, drink piss and have there own are equally entertaining.
    I seriously think you guys should not be carrying on about the sun that beams down, yes it hits you like Chuck Norris's fist but honestly eat some cement. A match last year confirmed what I had thought, there were maybe 5-7
    thousand people at the match, raining all match looked over at the squadron and there were maybe 20 people there(was the match when Burns would not run for a single ****ing ball!!!and I think the crowd members name was Sam,
    and was letting burnsy know he was being a useless twat haha) That match kinda showed well to me anyway, the level of dedication to the game and to the jets the majority of the squadron has. I seriously doubt that changing seating
    plans will improve your committment and raise your noise level but I hope I can be proved wrong if you guys do change locations.

I personally would rather you guys stay in bay 2. Think of this, in 20-30 years time wouldn't it be good to say or hear commentators say, that's where the squadron are based they have been there for 30 plus years...they had to
    put in a giant cage like fence because the supporters are just to violent( just joking about the cage part ...) and anyway the squadron support will only grow if you have the right PR guys. could grow bigger and bigger from bay 2 to 3.

Anyway you can take this as constructive criticism or destructive criticism.

Final words-
    What is Active Support?
    Active support is the passionate and vocal support of the team through cheering, chanting and standing for the majority of the match.

Through songs, banners and tifo displays, active supporters bring a truly unique level of noise, colour and passion to football stadiums around the world.

Hunter Stadium is no exception to this, with Newcastle Jets players having fed off the energy and passion of the crowd for the past eight A-League seasons.

The supporters act as an invaluable 12th man and have the ability to lift and inspire the team.

At the end of the day there is really not much we can do about cutouts. We yell at them to sing we are labelled as being aggressive. We boot them out we are labelled as non welcoming and exclusive.

If the move comes off, we will be in a smaller compact area with better sight lines, visible to the away bays, and located adjacent to the stand with the higher number of supporters who have never had home active support near them to engage with.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by 54321 View Post
    He may have been a bit harsh, he may not have.
    He is right though, as I have been a member for the past 2 seasons and sit in the bay next to the squadron I continually see young teenagers there not chanting just talking and laughing and doing there own thing,
    why not kick them out of the squadron if they are not going to continually chant? as that is what you guys are there to do, and to support the Jets obviously. Seems like they are just there to say they are part of
    the squadron, surely there are numerous amounts of people that would want to be standing there chanting but I guess not with some of the immature teenagers that are there. Granted though you guys do have some good
    chants and it is entertaining, but to be honest the 5-10 blokes who stand up against the wall in bay 3 behind me, drink piss and have there own are equally entertaining.
    I seriously think you guys should not be carrying on about the sun that beams down, yes it hits you like Chuck Norris's fist but honestly eat some cement. A match last year confirmed what I had thought, there were maybe 5-7
    thousand people at the match, raining all match looked over at the squadron and there were maybe 20 people there(was the match when Burns would not run for a single ****ing ball!!!and I think the crowd members name was Sam,
    and was letting burnsy know he was being a useless twat haha) That match kinda showed well to me anyway, the level of dedication to the game and to the jets the majority of the squadron has. I seriously doubt that changing seating
    plans will improve your committment and raise your noise level but I hope I can be proved wrong if you guys do change locations.

I personally would rather you guys stay in bay 2. Think of this, in 20-30 years time wouldn't it be good to say or hear commentators say, that's where the squadron are based they have been there for 30 plus years...they had to
    put in a giant cage like fence because the supporters are just to violent( just joking about the cage part ...) and anyway the squadron support will only grow if you have the right PR guys. could grow bigger and bigger from bay 2 to 3.

Anyway you can take this as constructive criticism or destructive criticism.

Final words-
    What is Active Support?
    Active support is the passionate and vocal support of the team through cheering, chanting and standing for the majority of the match.

Through songs, banners and tifo displays, active supporters bring a truly unique level of noise, colour and passion to football stadiums around the world.

Hunter Stadium is no exception to this, with Newcastle Jets players having fed off the energy and passion of the crowd for the past eight A-League seasons.

The supporters act as an invaluable 12th man and have the ability to lift and inspire the team.

Agree with some of your points, but to be fair to guys that still get stuck in the sun clearly isn't an issue for them.... But it's been one piece of feedback we've been getting for years.

Granted it could just be an excuse, but I know I'd be able to last longer at full voice out of the heat.

Anyone watch the ThursdayFC interview with reegs?

Bay 60/59 looked very appealing.

Was thinking the same thing watching it
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Watching the Thursday FC replay now... and you're both right! Bay 60 looks like the perfect spot for active support. Would love to see this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 54321 View Post
    to be honest the 5-10 blokes who stand up against the wall in bay 3 behind me, drink piss and have there own are equally entertaining.
    I dont mind having active supports around the ground. Its not a contest. Adds atmosphere, breaks down the shutup cultre and could lead to large chants in the near future. power to them.

raining all match looked over at the squadron and there were maybe 20 people there
    Im at the point where ill only go at night or when raining. its alright for younguns to nek beers and chant in the summer sun all game all game, lol.

I seriously doubt that changing seating plans will improve your committment and raise your noise level but I hope I can be proved wrong if you guys do change locations.
    this may be true. especially when the west is used to getting the noise from front on. Interesting how both stands will react to the new acoustics. (if we get enough actives of course).

I personally would rather you guys stay in bay 2. Think of this, in 20-30 years time wouldn't it be good to say or hear commentators say, that's where the squadron are based they have been there for 30 plus years
    very valid point. The historical factor does count for something and maybe a bit of kudos. The spread of the adjoining bay was something that was hoped might have happened one day. This might be now undone. we may never know. Im not sure have many bay 3 fans were somewhat singing with us. bay 2 always appreciates any help.

the squadron support will only grow if you have the right PR guys. could grow bigger and bigger from bay 2 to 3.
    maybe. Maybe the new bay 2 fans will team up with bay 3 and start chanting? Thats a challenge id like to see.

cheers 1-5. feel free to come and join us sometime
    Last edited by hawk; 10-01-2014 at 01:00 AM.

I'd had a say earlier, but subsequent discussions have made me think of another potential issue. Fox Sports. At the end of the day, they pay the bills. If Fox don't like the idea of filming an empty stand, they won't let the club move the squadron.
    Not saying that's the way it should be, just suggesting that's a way it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    I'd had a say earlier, but subsequent discussions have made me think of another potential issue. Fox Sports. At the end of the day, they pay the bills. If Fox don't like the idea of filming an empty stand, they won't let the club move the squadron.
    Not saying that's the way it should be, just suggesting that's a way it could be.
    Wel I guess they should have brought that up with the mariners and Nix previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknerd View Post
    Wel I guess they should have brought that up with the mariners and Nix previously.
    don't forget the heart

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    You raise a good point. They are also Stakeholders in this and should be consulted as part of the process.

There is a fine balance and all points and parties need to considered.