• Yes - stay in bay 60

14 87.50%
  • No - move back to Bay 2

2 12.50%
  • slobs (dont know/dont care/etc)

0 0%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Squadron Relocation: Your thoughts please

Fox want care about 50 blokes moving seats.
    The mariners crowd mainly sit i their western stand too hence why they always look emptier than how empty they are.

If they wanted crowds in shot they'd have cameras on the western touch line facing the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Fox want care about 50 blokes moving seats.
    The mariners crowd mainly sit i their western stand too hence why they always look emptier than how empty they are.

If they wanted crowds in shot they'd have cameras on the western touch line facing the stands.
    what gaz said, the "game" camera can get the play and fence adverts. cut away to a fan camera when needed.

I just thought it was a matter of basic design that broadcasting cameras at all stadiums in the world are on the Western side to avoid the glare of the afternoon sun.
    Not going to change that because The Squadron decides to move, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Where abouts does bay 60 go up until.Is it just the corner or is the 1st bay in the western stand bay 60 as well

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Where abouts does bay 60 go up until.Is it just the corner or is the 1st bay in the western stand bay 60 as well

i'm going to say that it is everything to the south(left) of the bay from the jets logo on regans shirt?

As far as I can tell, Todd is right. 59 is the bay is the bay on the far right of that pic next to that entryway.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Speaking as an older member who sat in the Eastern Stand until the new one got built I advise moving. Your general "hardcore" football fans who know all there is to know about football culture are in that stand. The Eastern Stand is now filled with the fair weather family fans making the most of the cheap tickets.

You will find it easier to engage with the Western fans as they know where you are coming from. Quite often chants will start up there without Squadron assistance and it can get quite loud.

Much more comfortable too - a no brainer.

When are we going to trial it?
    I assume you'll still be in bay 2 tonight

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    As far as I can tell, Todd is right. 59 is the bay is the bay on the far right of that pic next to that entryway.
    Yes. he is right

As I felt the need to vote for Slobs, I did so.
    But i'm for the move.

Banned
    Did notice about 50-100 including young kids in this area tonight

Yes thats the dance squad - they will generally get put in that area because its supposed to be empty. If the move goes ahead, they will be seated elsewhere.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Went around during the second half and took some photos from both bay 60 and 72. The view is definitely different then from bay 2 i'll put them up a bit later today right now i need to go for a swim before i dies from annoucnent that GRIFF IS BACK!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Yes thats the dance squad - they will generally get put in that area because its supposed to be empty. If the move goes ahead, they will be seated elsewhere.
    had a look last night. at the the pizza shape the view is better from about 6 rows back. any lower cant see much.

for a small crowd bay 2 was making some good noise last night.

Poll invalid due to lack of "wherever the **** Griff wants them to sit" option.

You can see Bay 60 pretty clearly from Bay 55.

It may actually make the squadron visible from more of the stadium.

I spoke generally about the move with people who sit around me in Bay 58. They were all up for it and think that it would be a really good thing. They could understand the reason behind a potential move and the positives it could have.

The people in the surrounding bay are stakeholders as well. Has there been any thought put into surveying the people who sit in this area? Unsure how this could logistically be done, maybe a flyer handout at the entrance to Bay 54 - 60, get a local business to donate some free pens as a promotion, and then have marked representatives walk these bays at half time and collect the survey??

Probably already been mentioned, but is anyone else bothered by the fact the players won't be seeing tifo dislplays, standards/banners and active support when they exit the tunnel? Seems a fruitless exercise to me with more to lose than gain.

Opposition active support should be Bay 60, like it was very briefly a few seasons ago. Don't know why they ever changed this. Wouldn't this alleviate the security concerns? Why move the sqaudron when it's as easy as relocating away supporrters?

Also, what the f*ck has happened to Bay 2 (let alone Bay 1)?? The biggest problem active support is facing is much more simple than location - it's just a pure lack of people.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
    Probably already been mentioned, but is anyone else bothered by the fact the players won't be seeing tifo dislplays, standards/banners and active support when they exit the tunnel? Seems a fruitless exercise to me with more to lose than gain.

Opposition active support should be Bay 60, like it was very briefly a few seasons ago. Don't know why they ever changed this. Wouldn't this alleviate the security concerns? Why move the sqaudron when it's as easy as relocating away supporrters?

Also, what the f*ck has happened to Bay 2 (let alone Bay 1)?? The biggest problem active support is facing is much more simple than location - it's just a pure lack of people.
    Having a look at the ground last night it baffles me as to why the top tier of the Eastern Stand Stand is open.

Until we are getting crowds of 20k plus it should be closed. The whole Eastern Stand should be general admission. Jam the families and riff raff wanting the cheap seats there and fill it up for TV viewing. Matter of fact actually jamming everyone together would help with atmosphere.

At present the whole crowd is spread out too far

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Having a look at the ground last night it baffles me as to why the top tier of the Eastern Stand Stand is open.

Until we are getting crowds of 20k plus it should be closed. The whole Eastern Stand should be general admission. Jam the families and riff raff wanting the cheap seats there and fill it up for TV viewing. Matter of fact actually jamming everyone together would help with atmosphere.

At present the whole crowd is spread out too far
    This, unless it is pouring down rain no need to have the eastern stand open for the time being.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.