Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: HAL 13/14 Rd14 - Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne Victory 10/1/14 k/off 730pm AEDST

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    This is tiring bullshit.....spend your evening gathering anti Bridges stats. Please provide similar stats for the rest of the team.

Bridges at least has a go...and deserves a starting spot to try and ignite this team. There is now nobody else let's face it, especially if Burns goes.The reason his stats are like they are is because he is always thrown in with 10 mins to go and try to make things happen.

What tonight has again shown is that we don't have the cattle.....half this squad do not have the quality and we have no direction. I can see us spiralling down the table and achieving nothing. Heskey, Bridges, Kew, Burns and half a dozen others will be gone at the end of this season of pus.......I can't see any bright spot on the horizon for next season without a massive clear out.
    Like I said, you're going to need someone with a different vendetta to provide those stats.

I'll agree that the stats are tiring though - it's tiring that they have been similar for 2-3 seasons now, for someone who is only getting older and will never shake the fact that he was forced into retirement and told to never play again. Yet people still think starting him is a good idea.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    This.

And please tell me how Bridges is worse than his teammates dropping the ball into the fish and chip stand at the back of the hill all night???
    Bridges is consistently like he was tonight.

Some of his teammates have won games and contributed to performances as recent as a few games ago
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    JUst watched the replay of Brown's miss and then Victrees goal.

Ball Boy needs coaching.

As soon as the ball went into the Hill the ball boy showed great urgency to give the ball to Coe to take a quick goal kick whilst everyone from the Jets was out of position. Bypassed defensive 3rd and into the midfield to launch the counter in less than 10 seconds from the ball going high and wide by Brown.

Bloke should have been looking for a ball and not given one with great urgency by the kids.
    Just outstanding execution during the game of that drill used since 07 by the full hearted attitude ball boys pre-game.....

Was it just me or did Goodwin seem to be a bit better tonight?

I mean he seemed to start off pretty shit, but I felt as the game wore on his confidence seemed to grow and his decision making improved. Still has a huge amount of improving to do, and I don't think he's even close to where he was when he first came into the squad, but I saw some positive signs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

This is all starting to have a horrible sense of deja vu written all over it. Once again we're back to the dreaded 6th, 7th, 8th shit fight we've been in for the last five years. After 14 rounds last season, we were on 16 points, this season, 19 points.. slight improvement but not enough.

Hope Burns can stay but I don't see it. If he leaves, we should only be looking at forwards to come in.. plenty of defenders and midfielders to go around.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Burns isn't awesome but gee whizz once he goes what do we have left.......awwwwww shiiiiiiiiiiit

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    So he is admitting he put together a squad with NO depth? Who's fault is that?
    Its pretty hard in the A-League with a limited amount of players on full-time contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    This is tiring bullshit.....spend your evening gathering anti Bridges stats. Please provide similar stats for the rest of the team.

Bridges at least has a go...and deserves a starting spot to try and ignite this team. There is now nobody else let's face it, especially if Burns goes.The reason his stats are like they are is because he is always thrown in with 10 mins to go and try to make things happen.

What tonight has again shown is that we don't have the cattle.....half this squad do not have the quality and we have no direction. I can see us spiralling down the table and achieving nothing. Heskey, Bridges, Kew, Burns and half a dozen others will be gone at the end of this season of pus.......I can't see any bright spot on the horizon for next season without a massive clear out.
    He doesn't have the legs to last 90 minutes. Thus why hes an impact player

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Was it just me or did Goodwin seem to be a bit better tonight?

I mean he seemed to start off pretty shit, but I felt as the game wore on his confidence seemed to grow and his decision making improved. Still has a huge amount of improving to do, and I don't think he's even close to where he was when he first came into the squad, but I saw some positive signs.
    He so inconsistent. He'll have moments of brilliance then he'll make mistakes or screw something up real bad

Perth are above us. Goodbye to finals football for another year

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    He doesn't have the legs to last 90 minutes. Thus why hes an impact player
    Agreed. And I will further this to say if he can't make something happen against 70-80minute tired legs, what difference would playing against fresh legs make?
    OK

Who cares we signed griffo

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Who cares we signed griffo
    This. I don't care where we end up. Griffo has returned!
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Burns isn't awesome but gee whizz once he goes what do we have left.......awwwwww shiiiiiiiiiiit
    Pfffft we have griff now u negative khunt! Carn u jets!!

Delete thread this was pre-griff

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Griffo
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Caravella looked unreal in his spell (sup Bon, gtfo premy)

I was that drunk last night I can't remember ****. I'll have to wait till I watch the replay to see if Caravella was any good even then I won't believe it.

holy **** was I drunk last night I love Friday night games.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

caravella was very good, looked a much better player than he has in recent times, also gr8 haircut

caravella was very good, looked a much better player than he has in recent times, also gr8 haircut
    I see what you did there
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    2 home games in a week 43 shots and can only score once from an own goal. Then we sign Griffo.

How many we gonna score now with Griffo tucking them away???