Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: HAL 13/14 Rd14 - Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne Victory 10/1/14 k/off 730pm AEDST

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

On a positive note I thought Mitchell had a solid game.
    I said that earlier so I am glad I am not the only one who thought so.

Regan, Birraz, Kanta, Goodwin, Burns....all also had good games

Other than the whole team going to sleep for the goal, we were not too bad defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I said that earlier so I am glad I am not the only one who thought so.

Regan, Birraz, Kanta, Goodwin, Burns....all also had good games
    and Heskey

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Gave the 2 off target passes in 20 minutes and had one blocked shot.

Brown had 6 off target passes in 50 minutes and had one off target shot, plus gave the ball away once more. That wasn't as bad as Virgilli though, he had a honking game. 10 off target passes with 9 successful. Only 3 of those passes were forwards.

Honestly seems we shouldn't be worried about Bridges. But Christ, Burns was positive for us.
    Who counted these stats? Because I counted more than double the faults for bridges.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    and Heskey
    Yes. I agree too. That was my oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Who counted these stats? Because I counted more than double the faults for bridges.
    Your obvious bias and hate of the guy getting in the way of objective stat keeping in an attempt to prove your point?

Opta

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Your obvious bias and hate of the guy getting in the way of objective stat keeping in an attempt to prove your point?
    While I don't deny a bias and/or hate.. he quite evidently had the ball, then gave the ball to the opposition, each time I updated those posts. Feel free to re-watch and formulate your own set of stats - however I will call BS on these opta stats
    OK

While I don't deny a bias and/or hate.. he quite evidently had the ball, then gave the ball to the opposition, each time I updated those posts. Feel free to re-watch and formulate your own set of stats - however I will call BS on these opta stats
    Well then you were obviously staring at your computer when he made his completed passes then, hence the stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeezyy View Post
    Well then you were obviously staring at your computer when he made his completed passes then, hence the stat.
    The stats I had showed more incomplete passes, which I'm saying Opta did not catch.

Your comment makes no sense. Unless you're thinking Opta was staring at their computer when the incomplete passes happened?
    OK

The stats I had showed more incomplete passes, which I'm saying Opta did not catch.

Your comment makes no sense. Unless you're thinking Opta was staring at their computer when the incomplete passes happened?
    Ask them for a job? Sounds like they need more experts like yourself.

All you Bridges fans need to read (or if you don't have the attention span to read, which wouldn't surprise me as a flick and run to corner flag sends you out of control as is - watch the movie) Moneyball.

Yall are selling jeans, you're looking for the five tools guys. And you've got yourself a Beane as opposed to a Hatte.

All hail Billy James. Ead bridges
    OK

Been back on the forum for a couple of days and this is what I can gather;

- Griffo is back. People should be dancing naked in the streets.

- The number of people who blindly support Bridges despite him offering us nothing on the field (goals, assists or even the hint of a threat) suprisingly has grown as he degresses as a player. There must be some kind of science behind this balance?

(by the way, Bridges is a top bloke and a good clubman from what I can tell - he is just useless to us as a player...which probably means he actually fits well within GVE's player selection criteria)

Banned
    Whilst we are bagging the **** can someone enlighten me as to what the **** he was thinking technique wise when he got that shot the other night on the edge of the box that got deflected??

A competent player would put their laces through it. Not this show pony who tried showing off like he was Griffo by toeing it somehow

The Big Dog theme's on member, nigh nigh

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    The Big Dog theme's on member, nigh nigh
    You stay classy, bob
    OK

Whilst we are bagging the **** can someone enlighten me as to what the **** he was thinking technique wise when he got that shot the other night on the edge of the box that got deflected??

A competent player would put their laces through it. Not this show pony who tried showing off like he was Griffo by toeing it somehow
    bridges is a top bloke. i do not wish to discuss game matters though.

Check the opta stuff for crosses too. And all the other stats like incomplete dribble attempts.