Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brown = discuss

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Brown = discuss

Honestly, the bloke is not the same as Gold Coast.

I've had enough, he's had enough game time to improve and he hasn't, the bloke is a liability on huge field.

Thoughts?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Agreed. I was keen to give him time after his Gold Coast performances but I doubt he still has the ability after his injuries. We should let him go. Wastes chances. Not quick enough. Often poor linking up

I blame GVE for destroying the guy.

Rushed him back from injury last season. Put him straight in the starting line up when he should have been able to refine his confidence in the youth set up for a few matches.

Unsurprisingly he wasn't 100% when he came back, GVE kept playing him, the crowd turned and he never recovered.

Man management wise, dragging the guy straight after his missed shot is only going to hurt him more. Add to that the cheers he got for being subbed off, don't expect him to improve.

I agree he was not great tonight, but I put it down to GVE ****ing his head.

I don't think the miss was the primary point, it was the 50 minutes of utter crap before that that sealed Brown's fate. The fact that he put a sitter into orbit was simply the tipping point. I don't blame GvE for that at all, I would have done the same thing tbh.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I blame GVE for destroying the guy.

Rushed him back from injury last season. Put him straight in the starting line up when he should have been able to refine his confidence in the youth set up for a few matches.

Unsurprisingly he wasn't 100% when he came back, GVE kept playing him, the crowd turned and he never recovered.

Man management wise, dragging the guy straight after his missed shot is only going to hurt him more. Add to that the cheers he got for being subbed off, don't expect him to improve.

I agree he was not great tonight, but I put it down to GVE ****ing his head.
    Should still be able to make a 2m pass and not lose the ball every time he touched it.

I've had enough of tosses in the stands yelling out 'Get him off'. Blokes had his confidence shattered by injuries, incompetent manager and plastic pathetic 'fans'

Someone should tell him when playing at home we are the ones in the red and blue shirts.

Who do you replace him with at right mid?

Virgil was no better tonight v Victory when he replaced Brown
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

This

Hope he leaves us at the end of the year then smashes goals past us at wherever he eventually ends up with an actual coach.

Nothing reinforces the fact we are scrapping the base salary spend when we have no cover for rightback, no dedicated left back nor any att mids of any note.

Guess we have just decided to corner the market on fit young versatile players who can play across the pitch suitably, bunch of enthusiastic versatile bench players.

can't wait for the inevitable gve dumping and then "rebuilding phase" with the new coach, reckon the problem with this club is we employ too many demolition experts and carpenters, might be an idea to get some footballers & coaches one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    This

Hope he leaves us at the end of the year then smashes goals past us at wherever he eventually ends up with an actual coach.

Nothing reinforces the fact we are scrapping the base salary spend when we have no cover for rightback, no dedicated left back nor any att mids of any note.

Guess we have just decided to corner the market on fit young versatile players who can play across the pitch suitably, bunch of enthusiastic versatile bench players.

can't wait for the inevitable gve dumping and then "rebuilding phase" with the new coach, reckon the problem with this club is we employ too many demolition experts and carpenters, might be an idea to get some footballers & coaches one day.
    No, we have cornered the market in players who won't challenge the all mighty GVE.

Brown still has the talent, GVE has done his best to destroy it.

No, we have cornered the market in players who won't challenge the all mighty GVE.

Brown still has the talent, GVE has done his best to destroy it.
    I agree he's got the talent but really with the way his time has gone here I honestly can't see brown sticking around he's enemy number one around hunter stadium, I swear he killed the western stands kittens with the abuse he cops from them and that's every game, every substitution, starting or from the bench. Can only imagine the hand wringing, letter writing, newcastle shame if the squadron was to try and pull that sort of treatment on a player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    I agree he's got the talent but really with the way his time has gone here I honestly can't see brown sticking around he's enemy number one around hunter stadium, I swear he killed the western stands kittens with the abuse he cops from them and that's every game, every substitution, starting or from the bench. Can only imagine the hand wringing, letter writing, newcastle shame if the squadron was to try and pull that sort of treatment on a player.
    I sit in the western stand and cringe at the shit he cops.

He will go somewhere else at the end of the season and probably go on to have the best season of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

Kidding mate....Virgili got a few good crosses in and actually caused some problems for their LB

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Kidding mate....Virgili got a few good crosses in and actually caused some problems for their LB
    Proof please

I saw one good cross to Goodwin, and a squillion (yep) to no one. Mostly I thought the trouble the LB (who was a rookie at lb I might add) had with virgili was what to do with the ball when he walked it away from him.
    OK

they were all honking

I bow down to that post pico

Thought I might add if its a fight between brown and Virgili to start at right mid, at least brown has the excuse of his injury for his form
    OK

Agree with the criticism of the Brown criticism at the game*.

Unless the player directly disgraces the club (by signing with for a rival, destabilising the club, attacking the fans) then I would never boo or yell insults at them, it's utterly stupid. Let out your frustrations all you want afterwards, but for 90 minutes you can save it.

* Being in The Squadron all game I didn't actually hear anything like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Agree with the criticism of the Brown criticism at the game*.

Unless the player directly disgraces the club (by signing with for a rival, destabilising the club, attacking the fans) then I would never boo or yell insults at them, it's utterly stupid. Let out your frustrations all you want afterwards, but for 90 minutes you can save it.

* Being in The Squadron all game I didn't actually hear anything like this.
    It was a ****ing disgrace the applause that greeted his substitution. Usually you get applause like that for a great performace not a sarcastic applause cause they were glad GVE had hooked him.

What was even more disgraceful was that GVE once again Jesse Pintoed some ****. Brown made the mistake missing the sitter and the **** dragged him moments later. Poor ****ing form . Done the same to Oxborrow last season.

Wish this ****wit would show some faith in his ****ing players not hook them when they **** up

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    It was a ****ing disgrace the applause that greeted his substitution. Usually you get applause like that for a great performace not a sarcastic applause cause they were glad GVE had hooked him.

What was even more disgraceful was that GVE once again Jesse Pintoed some ****. Brown made the mistake missing the sitter and the **** dragged him moments later. Poor ****ing form . Done the same to Oxborrow last season.

Wish this ****wit would show some faith in his ****ing players not hook them when they **** up
    Exactly.

And we wonder why players aren't performing when the idiot in charge pulls crap like this.

Did brown have a good game.......not really, but he didn't deserve the shit from the crowd that he also copped last season, and he didn't deserve the treatment from GVE.

Exactly.

And we wonder why players aren't performing when the idiot in charge pulls crap like this.

Did brown have a good game.......not really, but he didn't deserve the shit from the crowd that he also copped last season, and he didn't deserve the treatment from GVE.
    I think you may be reading too much into this. How long does GVE usually warm subs up for prior to making a change? The answer is around 10 minutes.

I haven't watched the match on TV yet, but my assumption would be that Brown was always going to be hooked for Virgilli. The timing of it just after Brown's scuffed shot was nothing more than a coincidence.

Echo the sentiments RE: sarcastic applause. Support the entire team FFS. Hell, I don't think Bridges should be anywhere near the squad, but I still sing along to "1 Michael Bridges" with great gusto.