Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brown = discuss

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    It was a ****ing disgrace the applause that greeted his substitution. Usually you get applause like that for a great performace not a sarcastic applause cause they were glad GVE had hooked him.

What was even more disgraceful was that GVE once again Jesse Pintoed some ****. Brown made the mistake missing the sitter and the **** dragged him moments later. Poor ****ing form . Done the same to Oxborrow last season.

Wish this ****wit would show some faith in his ****ing players not hook them when they **** up
    Exactly.

And we wonder why players aren't performing when the idiot in charge pulls crap like this.

Did brown have a good game.......not really, but he didn't deserve the shit from the crowd that he also copped last season, and he didn't deserve the treatment from GVE.

Brown has been playing injured and in pain since he joined.
    This season is the first time he has been free of all that, and hasnt been able to get into the matchday squad due to the form of Hoole and signing Burns.

It will take a run of games for him to get his mojo back - give the kid a break ffs and support him on the pitch. That applause when he was subbed was an effing joke. Build the kid up with confidence and crowd support and he might come good - he aint getting any confidence back when he has the stadium on his back every time he misplaces a pass.
    He wasnt the only player doing that.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

New thread title, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

I didn't notice him being particularly bad tonight to be honest.

I also cannot understand the booing or harassing of our own players by the crowd. What the fuck does that achieve exactly? MAYBE if a player is clearly dissecting the club (by not putting in etc) but not one of our players out there working his arse off during a game we need to win. Even if he wasn't up to scratch it's not his fault, the manager made the decision to sign the player, he judged his skills. I would never boo a player that is still at least trying to play for the club.

Having said all that, I'd still be tempted to start Hoole and Goodwin.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Exactly.

And we wonder why players aren't performing when the idiot in charge pulls crap like this.

Did brown have a good game.......not really, but he didn't deserve the shit from the crowd that he also copped last season, and he didn't deserve the treatment from GVE.
    I think you may be reading too much into this. How long does GVE usually warm subs up for prior to making a change? The answer is around 10 minutes.

I haven't watched the match on TV yet, but my assumption would be that Brown was always going to be hooked for Virgilli. The timing of it just after Brown's scuffed shot was nothing more than a coincidence.

Echo the sentiments RE: sarcastic applause. Support the entire team FFS. Hell, I don't think Bridges should be anywhere near the squad, but I still sing along to "1 Michael Bridges" with great gusto.

I was embarrassed to be a Jets fan in the Western grandstand last night listening to the abuse Brown was copping, the jeers and boos every time he touched the ball and as previously said by others the ridiculous sarcastic cheering when subbed.

Overall Brown didn't play that well but I thought he was involved in some of the better Jets passing moves in the first half.

He had some pretty bad touches and attempted passes at the start of the game and the "supporters" sitting behind me didn't get off his back all night after that. I think part of the problem was that he and Pepper didn't communicate. I also noticed a couple of headers he got in Heskey's way for, so I assume the communication problem was at Brown's end. If he gets some consistent time in the team, that might improve though.

And even if he's the shittest player that's ever played for the jets (he's clearly not- some fans have really short memories), you support him while he's on the field playing for the team and clearly trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dainnan View Post
    I was embarrassed to be a Jets fan in the Western grandstand last night listening to the abuse Brown was copping, the jeers and boos every time he touched the ball and as previously said by others the ridiculous sarcastic cheering when subbed.

Overall Brown didn't play that well but I thought he was involved in some of the better Jets passing moves in the first half.

He had some pretty bad touches and attempted passes at the start of the game and the "supporters" sitting behind me didn't get off his back all night after that. I think part of the problem was that he and Pepper didn't communicate. I also noticed a couple of headers he got in Heskey's way for, so I assume the communication problem was at Brown's end. If he gets some consistent time in the team, that might improve though.

And even if he's the shittest player that's ever played for the jets (he's clearly not- some fans have really short memories), you support him while he's on the field playing for the team and clearly trying.
    They're probably the same "supporters" who go into a fapfeast when Bridges does a step-over or one of his show-pony tricks!

I get the same impression.

That said Bridges was better than usual last night. I counted, I think he attempted 11 passes and completed 7, he had a shot, he only needlessly lost the ball through overplaying it on a couple of occasions.

Was he trying? He didn't seem to care for the majority of the game tbh. As for getting consistent game time. He's had 28 games to gel with the squad. How long can we continue to carry him? If he's looking for form, there's the NYL, HAL isn't the place for it.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I remember seeing James Brown play a NYL games at Adamstown for GCU against the Jets a few years back. He was far and away the most dominant player on the pitch. He made Ali Abbas look very ordinary on several occasions and was strong both in attack and defence.

Confidence. That's all he needs but with the GVE at the wheel I don't like his chances.

He was good once and he can be again, it just might take a change of club or manager to get him there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I remember seeing James Brown play a NYL games at Adamstown for GCU against the Jets a few years back. He was far and away the most dominant player on the pitch. He made Ali Abbas look very ordinary on several occasions and was strong both in attack and defence.

Confidence. That's all he needs but with the GVE at the wheel I don't like his chances.

He was good once and he can be again, it just might take a change of club or manager to get him there.
    He was excellent at Gold Coast scored incredible goals. I think he would've partially lost his ability to do that when he was injured and has no confidence to try the magical again thanks to our coach and fans

To be fair I don't think it was just the Western Stand sarcastically cheering him last night, but I do agree that it's not right.

I admit I was giving him a bit last night to those around me (not yelling at the player), however that was after the needless pass he gave away that almost resulted in a goal (where they broke on the counter and birraz came out the save from Kosta). However I thought he started fine. Sure he gave away a pass early on but he chased and chased and won it back for us. That effort was VERY pleasing to see. Someone around me was on his back straight away before the kickoff which I thought was harsh so I actually made a point of saying when he did something well.

Look back at the match thread and you'll see I even picked him to start in my side. I think he will start again next week too.

I really think James is a confidence player. He needs a run of games and to get an assist and/or a goal. He buries that chance last night and his confidence rises. Someone else posted that GvE has got into his head and rushed him back. I couldn't agree more. It was even worse that he yanked him after that miss so early in the second half. Why do it 4 mins in? Mind you after what GvE did to Jesse Pinto nothing will surprise me.

The questions are - can we afford to carry a player who needs (maybe) a run of games to get his form back at this stage of the season? And is this club the best suited for James at the moment? I say to the later, if we change coach it could be. If we don't then I think James needs to move on.

And you're right. He by FAR isn't the worst player to ever play for us. Guy Bates, Jorge Drovandi, Zhang Shou anyone?

Good post, also.

Brown might not have been the only player misplacing a pass last night but he did it consistently. His first touch was the worst out there and his inability to get his body between the ball and the defender cost him possession numerous times. His missed shot on goal was followed 30 seconds later by MV equalising. No, not blaming him, but if he had scored (and he should of from there) we are 2 up and MV are gone. He clearly isn't up to standard. The reason is unimportant. While he is not up to standard he should be in the yourth team. The fact that he is in the senior team and is not cutting it, thus 'ruining his confidence' and getting up the nose of parts of the crowd is not his fault. It is Van Egmonds. Without doubt he is not the player he was and until he is, he has no place in the senior team. Same goes for Virgilli who looked unfit and stopped running in the last quarter of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    While he is not up to standard he should be in the yourth team.
    I was thinking this myself

He's a victim of high expectation.
    He burst onto the scene at gcu and has never really captured that again.

Good squaddie, just not the stand out he was hoped to be.... Still injuries can take a long time to recover from.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Brown might not have been the only player misplacing a pass last night .
    who was the goose that completely missed a header in front of goal from the right cross at the northern end?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    who was the goose that completely missed a header in front of goal from the right cross at the northern end?
    Goodwin

Seriously I saw just as many good things from brown last night as bad things( admitly u want better than 50/50). Those haters with blinkers on saw no positives. Those same haters are wat makes the jets faithful the dumbest football fan base in the a league. Fact

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

He's had one and a half seasons and did fark all, get over it, you were wrong

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Seriously I saw just as many good things from brown last night as bad things( admitly u want better than 50/50). Those haters with blinkers on saw no positives. Those same haters are wat makes the jets faithful the dumbest football fan base in the a league. Fact
    FFS I think we all know the Gypos have that title wrapped up before the game game even kicks off