Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Joel Griffiths Returns - the best thing ever, ever, ever and ever

Well he did leave his Chinese club because they weren't going to pay him and he's seeking compensation from them for that hence the holdup with his clearance. So, it is all about the money.

I can't see how anyone can be mad at Griff. Imagine you had a good offer for work to head to China for a year, got there & found out you weren't getting paid.
    OK

Yes the hold up is all about the money.... The griff haters will say he is all about the money..... And ignore the fact he had a year left on his contract, which they have said they can't honour, so under FIFA rules he is entitled to compensation.

If I got punted from work with a year left on my contract despite not breaking the contract myself I'd be wanting severance pay or redundancy package.

Griff haters seem to have abnormal expectations of footballers as professionals.

Not hating on Griff.....but it is the risk when you take the Chinese coin.

They are shady bastards and so many of our guys have gone over there and had issues....most come home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    They are shady bastards and so many of our guys have gone over there and had issues....most come home.
    Having talked to a few guys who have gone to China (and other Asian countries) to play, the biggest issue with Australians playing in China is the lifestyle. Apparently Dubai, Japan, Korea are all great lifestyle-wise, but China is just uniquely difficult for Australians to adapt to.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Having talked to a few guys who have gone to China (and other Asian countries) to play, the biggest issue with Australians playing in China is the lifestyle. Apparently Dubai, Japan, Korea are all great lifestyle-wise, but China is just uniquely difficult for Australians to adapt to.
    Mark Bridge the prime example - cried because he didn't like the food etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Mark Bridge the prime example - cried because he didn't like the food etc.
    But Asian food is wonderful

If this isn't resolved by Feb 5 he won't be playing for us this season.. Nervous times.

The problem as Ian rush sees it is that playing in china is like being in a foreign country

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    The problem as Ian rush sees it is that playing in china is like being in a foreign country
    Yep, good

Yes the hold up is all about the money.... The griff haters will say he is all about the money..... And ignore the fact he had a year left on his contract, which they have said they can't honour, so under FIFA rules he is entitled to compensation.

If I got punted from work with a year left on my contract despite not breaking the contract myself I'd be wanting severance pay or redundancy package.

Griff haters seem to have abnormal expectations of footballers as professionals.
    While Griffo was under contract with the Jets he left and went to China to chase more money.
    His current Chinese club have decided they don't want to honour his contract with them and are not going to pay him.

How people view the behaviour of Griffo or indeed the Chinese club is up to them. I don't care, I just want him to be scoring goals for us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    While Griffo was under contract with the Jets he left and went to China to chase more money.
    His current Chinese club have decided they don't want to honour his contract with them and are not going to pay him.

How people view the behaviour of Griffo or indeed the Chinese club is up to them. I don't care, I just want him to be scoring goals for us.
    Spot on. I'll take Griff saying all the right things in the media about how he always wanted to come back to Newy, he loves the club and fans etc with an Everest sized grain of salt, at the end of the day that's all just a bit of PR work from him. All I want him to do is score plenty of goals.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Wait.... What? What? Wait.... Is this real

Can't see this being resolved by Saturday..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pudy View Post
    Can't see this being resolved by Saturday..
    NBN News reports Jets officials were working all day on resolving this.

Sign Griff
    Sack GVE

Middleby sorts this by Saturday and he is a ****ing genius

A previous article states that Griff was only a possibility of playing against the coast before this debacle.

We can only pray to the Griff himself.
    LORD GRIFF

Will hamma shave his beard if griff plays?

Cue the anti-Griffiths dicks claiming he's all about the money despite him being screwed by the Chinese club.
    Big decision time for Griff here.

I completely agree that he should be seeking compensation given they are the ones who informed him of an inability to pay his final 12 months.

Question Griff needs to answer himself is, does he potentially want to be out of a job and not playing for 12 months while he fights this, or does he want to play and write the cash off by dropping the compensation.

Hard call to make, particularly with a young family, Not a place I would be wanting to find myself. Given the way the Chinese clubs seem to play hardball, I suspect either Griff drops the compensation, or we don't see him this season.

It's all because the club hasn't cut all ties with GVE. So obvious...

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Big decision time for Griff here.

I completely agree that he should be seeking compensation given they are the ones who informed him of an inability to pay his final 12 months.

Question Griff needs to answer himself is, does he potentially want to be out of a job and not playing for 12 months while he fights this, or does he want to play and write the cash off by dropping the compensation.

Hard call to make, particularly with a young family, Not a place I would be wanting to find myself. Given the way the Chinese clubs seem to play hardball, I suspect either Griff drops the compensation, or we don't see him this season.
    You've hit the nail on the head. Great post.

I don't know what decision I would make if I was in that position.