Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Joel Griffiths Returns - the best thing ever, ever, ever and ever

FFS, isn't Tinks in Singapore now? Tinks needs to get across to China and storm into the Chinese FFA or Qingdao club and see to it personally!

Quote Originally Posted by zorse View Post
    FFS, isn't Tinks in Singapore now? Tinks needs to get across to China and storm into the Chinese FFA or Qingdao club and see to it personally!
    Mate - Tinks does not give a shit, I wish people would realise this. He only acts if he sees millions being lost to him (Culina, license stoush).

He wouldn't know who Griff was.

Banned
    Be so funny if heaps miss going to the Coast coz Griff ain't cleared.

Then Griffo gets an 11th hour clearance comes on with 20 mins to go and scores us a a hatty with the winner in the 93rd minute

Some blokes will be awfully cut

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Be so funny if heaps miss going to the Coast coz Griff ain't cleared.

Then Griffo gets an 11th hour clearance comes on with 20 mins to go and scores us a a hatty with the winner in the 93rd minute

Some blokes will be awfully cut
    agree with this

ryan griffiths was only cleared an hour before kickoff for his first game when he transferred from Beijing
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Mate - Tinks does not give a shit, I wish people would realise this. He only acts if he sees millions being lost to him (Culina, license stoush).
    He wouldn't know who Griff was.
    Fair points

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    ryan griffiths was only cleared an hour before kickoff for his first game when he transferred from Beijing
    However Ryan wasn't asking for compensation from Beijing..!!!

Hopefully the jets & FFA can get a similar outcome as the similar cases in the past like the cases below.

I'd imagine it would have to go through a process of the jets asking the Chinese club for the clearance, they refuse.

Jets then ask FFA to get a clearance from the Chinese FA, if they refuse then the FFA would have to move on to the FIFA dispute resolutions, in which case a similar interim clearance could be given until the final outcome is resolved, but I don't like the chances of all that happening before 5 Feb.

Perth Glory want contract disputes of Michael Baird, Josh Mitchell resolved

Perth Glory are hopeful striker Michael Baird and defender Josh Mitchell will be granted special permission by FIFA to play this weekend after fellow A-League side Central Coast tasted success in their own clearance battle.

Baird, Mitchell and Mariners defender Joshua Rose walked out on Universitatea Craiova at the end of last season after going several months without receiving payment.

But it was far from a clean break, with the Romanian outfit denying the trio's clearance application and forcing them to miss the opening round of the A-League season.

The contract wrangle isn't expected to be resolved until August 20.

But Rose is free to take on Adelaide United this Sunday after being granted a provisional registration by FIFA, which allows him to play while awaiting the outcome of the grievance hearing.

Perth have their fingers crossed that Baird and Mitchell will receive a similar clearance before Saturday night's clash with Melbourne Victory at AAMI Stadium.

"Whilst we don't know Joshua's case specifically, the cases are very similar, if not identical, in which case we would think our clearance is imminent," Glory deputy chairman Lui Giuliani said.

"Our understanding is we lodged it a number of weeks before the Joshua Rose case was lodged and we are still waiting.

"It's extremely frustrating because all of our legal advice was this was a straight forward case.

"We lodged the appeal with FIFA at the earliest possible date back in mid June.

"It's unfortunate there is that power to actually hold up players' clearances when there potentially hasn't been a meeting of contractual terms by a party.

"To have the ability to stop a player from carrying on his trade is just bemusing. It wouldn't happen in most industries."

Baird has been left frustrated by the whole experience and lashed out at his former club, claiming the Romanian outfit purposely delayed his clearance just to spite him.

"The club actually knew that what they were doing and how they'd restrict me from playing," Baird said.

"We actually spoke to the club and they said 'stay, stay (but) we won't be able to pay you until March and that sort of thing.

"I said 'well it's been four months, it's time to move on, next phase of my life'.

"And they said 'well we won't let you play' and they knew they could do it and they've done it before ."

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/football...#ixzz2rHBZgM2O

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Griff cleared yet?
    LORD GRIFF

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Hopefully the jets & FFA can get a similar outcome as the similar cases in the past like the cases below.

I'd imagine it would have to go through a process of the jets asking the Chinese club for the clearance, they refuse.

Jets then ask FFA to get a clearance from the Chinese FA, if they refuse then the FFA would have to move on to the FIFA dispute resolutions, in which case a similar interim clearance could be given until the final outcome is resolved, but I don't like the chances of all that happening before 5 Feb.
    I read that headline and got excited because I thought we had let Mitchell go back to Perth.

What a let down

Michael Baird, rofl.

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Griffs a legend
    Novocastria Youth

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    Michael Baird, rofl.
    I can't even remember him.

Not much to remember, crap.
    As good as Simon Lynch.

back to the top where the lord belongs

Banned
    Griff Cleared Yet.

FFS Middleby Make it ****ing happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Griff Cleared Yet.

FFS Middleby Make it ****ing happen.
    They'll get him cleared a couple of hours before the game to give all the players a boost

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post

Is it just me that honestly thinks the club hasn't even explored this possibility because they are f*cking clueless and lack initiative?

I just think if they had looked at applying for an interim clearance we would have heard about it. Instead it's "yehhh, so we sent the clearance request off and Qingdao said no. Not too sure what we do from here. We'll just see what pans out..."

That's what shits me with this club. That relaxed, out of touch attitude that seems to be ever-present. They should be moving mountains to get him ready for tomorrow. Utter morons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Mate I've actually had big issues with plastic pool toys they can get wrecked quite easily. Best to get ones that are solid, like the beanbag seat for pools.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
    Is it just me that honestly thinks the club hasn't even explored this possibility because they are f*cking clueless and lack initiative?

I just think if they had looked at applying for an interim clearance we would have heard about it. Instead it's "yehhh, so we sent the clearance request off and Qingdao said no. Not too sure what we do from here. We'll just see what pans out..."

That's what shits me with this club. That relaxed, out of touch attitude that seems to be ever-present. They should be moving mountains to get him ready for tomorrow. Utter morons.
    I am hoping the ****s already have the clearance sorted and the ****s are sitting on it and do it at the last minute. No pressure on Griffo all week and the bloke knows he is in the squad. We rock up Griffs warming up and the place ****ing erupts and the Gypos have **** all time to adjust/prepare for the glorious return of Griff.

Problem is deep down you know we ain't smart enough to do something like that. Most likely what you said Sanchez is whats going on and Griff won't play coz we are inept

Rightio, my email to all known club addresses...

Hi Club,

As you can appreciate, the recent return of Joel Griffiths has been very well received by the Newcastle faithful. I for one, am elated at the return of the hero of Newcastle football.

The timing of Joel's signature is impeccable, as we are at what is undoubtedly a required turning point of our season ahead of the club's most important annual fixture - Central Coast away. The game Griff was born to play.

At this point I express my genuine concern that I fear the club has not gone to all lengths to ensure Joel is available for tomorrow evenings clash. I, like most supporters I speak to, believe Joel's presence at Bluetongue stadium tomorrow will be the deciding factor in a) the result on the night and b) our qualification for the finals based on the flow-on effect this offers.

I would certainly hope, as a proud and paying member, that the club's process thus far for obtaining Joel's clearance is not a simple case of send the request off, getting a "no" response and "investigating" options by making a few "enquiries". I would expect no less than every resource of the club being dedicated solely to retrieving the clearance through direct and continuous dialogue with Qingdao Jonoon FC, the Chinese FA, the FFA and most importantly every reachable rung of FIFA. Until every avenue is knowingly exhausted, it simply is not good enough in most fans eyes.

As such, I present you a simple example of one of the countless precedents you should be aiming to replicate;

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football...#ixzz2rHBZgM2O

Perth Glory want contract disputes of Michael Baird, Josh Mitchell resolved

Perth Glory are hopeful striker Michael Baird and defender Josh Mitchell will be granted special permission by FIFA to play this weekend after fellow A-League side Central Coast tasted success in their own clearance battle.

Baird, Mitchell and Mariners defender Joshua Rose walked out on Universitatea Craiova at the end of last season after going several months without receiving payment.

But it was far from a clean break, with the Romanian outfit denying the trio's clearance application and forcing them to miss the opening round of the A-League season.

The contract wrangle isn't expected to be resolved until August 20.

But Rose is free to take on Adelaide United this Sunday after being granted a provisional registration by FIFA, which allows him to play while awaiting the outcome of the grievance hearing.

Perth have their fingers crossed that Baird and Mitchell will receive a similar clearance before Saturday night's clash with Melbourne Victory at AAMI Stadium.

"Whilst we don't know Joshua's case specifically, the cases are very similar, if not identical, in which case we would think our clearance is imminent," Glory deputy chairman Lui Giuliani said.

"Our understanding is we lodged it a number of weeks before the Joshua Rose case was lodged and we are still waiting.

"It's extremely frustrating because all of our legal advice was this was a straight forward case.

"We lodged the appeal with FIFA at the earliest possible date back in mid June.

"It's unfortunate there is that power to actually hold up players' clearances when there potentially hasn't been a meeting of contractual terms by a party.

"To have the ability to stop a player from carrying on his trade is just bemusing. It wouldn't happen in most industries."

Baird has been left frustrated by the whole experience and lashed out at his former club, claiming the Romanian outfit purposely delayed his clearance just to spite him.

"The club actually knew that what they were doing and how they'd restrict me from playing," Baird said.

"We actually spoke to the club and they said 'stay, stay (but) we won't be able to pay you until March and that sort of thing.

"I said 'well it's been four months, it's time to move on, next phase of my life'.

"And they said 'well we won't let you play' and they knew they could do it and they've done it before ."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football...#ixzz2rHBZgM2O

I would be most disheartened, disgruntled and disillusioned with the club should we not receive a clearance for Joel by tomorrow evening or at the very least, his appearance delivered anyway on the basis that his outstanding clearance remain negligible in the scheme of the unjust and unlawful witholding of said clearance on Qingdao Jonoon's behalf.

Joel should be free to play in any circumstance as his case is one of a classic example that pertains to FIFA's standard of "fair play".

I look forward to a response and quick resolution of this outstanding matter.

Kind Regards,
    Sanch
    Last edited by sanchez; 25-01-2014 at 12:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Mate I've actually had big issues with plastic pool toys they can get wrecked quite easily. Best to get ones that are solid, like the beanbag seat for pools.

Top notch Sanchez