Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Joel Griffiths Returns - the best thing ever, ever, ever and ever

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Joel Griffiths ran 35 metres to get in the referees face and give him a gobfull.
    These actions deserve a medal and the keys to the city matter given how bad a performance the referee has put in for the previous 90m.

The circle jerk over this completely amazing ubermensch has not gone on long enough. He will take this club so far forward we'll all be driving hover cars soon.
    Made a few corrections mate
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Griff just wanted to politely ask why we were not given a free penalty goal at the end there. Disgraceful overreaction by wannabe human being Benjamin Williams.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

i said to the fist it's either a goal or a red card tonight, what a ledge, we done it

Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

Hail Griff.

If one of my team mates that had just joined the team to help us make the finals did that in their first game I'd be blowing up.

Still, Williams is a ****wit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Joel Griffiths ran 35 metres to get in the referees face and give him a gobfull.
    These actions deserve a red no matter how bad a performance the referee has put in for the previous 90m.

The circle jerk over this self centred twat has gone on long enough. He will not take this club forward.
    The bloke in 30 mins managed to set an example to the rest of the twats in the team to stand the **** up for themselves.

This squad of ours usually bends over backwards and takes it.

In 30 mins Griff managed to provide more passion than these blokes have done in the last 3 years.

Says a lot that a bloke who has been here the proverbial 5 mins shows more than those who played their entire careers in Newy

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    This squad of ours usually bends over backwards and takes it.
    I suspect you are better off bending forward to take it, best ask Benny boy though, he seems to have had practice as part of his FFA ref training.

Agree on Griff though, legend, was justified to tell ref a few home truths, Williams should be shunted for a real ref, ban him from ever officiating against us again...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Banned

Jets set to appeal Griffiths' dismissal

The Newcastle Jets are likely to contest the red card shown to striker Joel Griffiths after the full-time whistle in Saturday night's dramatic 2-2 draw with the Western Sydney Wanderers at Hunter Stadium.

In an intense ending to a heart-stopping match that saw Adam Taggart score his second goal in the final minute of regular time to snatch a pulsating draw, Griffiths was shown a red card after he had words with referee Ben Williams over an incident involving Taggart being up-ended by Wanderers goal-keeper Ante Covic.

Jets coach Clayton Zane said he had spoken briefly with Griffiths over the incident but indicated the veteran striker, who was playing in his first match since returning to the club, may have a case to push due to the fact that he may not have heard the final whistle for crowd noise.

"I chatted to him (Griffiths) and he said he was in dialogue (with the ref) and he didn't think it was a red card," Zane said.

"I haven't specifically asked the words he used but a lot of the players didn't know the situation and perhaps it could have been handled a little bit differently that the players didn't know what was going on, because I didn't know from the bench that the final whistle had gone due to the crowd noise.

"So the club may want to appeal that just based on a little bit of leniency and common sense I guess."

Zane indicated that the incident involving Taggart and Covic was worthy of a free-kick to Newcastle and could have provided his side a chance to win the match.

"Obviously a lot unfolded in a short space of time. I didn't hear the whistle at the end – if that is the case that the ref blew his whistle before that action occurred I guess we have to abide by the rules of the game," he said.

"It is a tough one to swallow because I thought we were always a threat on the counter attack tonight.

"It would have been great to see what would have happened with that last action but there was other ebbs and flows in the match that could have decided it, so you can't always rely on one moment to be enough."

Zane said he was proud of the character his side showed to come back after going behind 2-1 midway through the second half and for the fact that they were forced into a re-shuffle on the eve of kick-off when marquee player Emile Heskey was ruled out due to a back injury in the pre-game warm-up.

"The lads were doing their warm-up on the field and he (Heskey) has had a back spasm just before he came in to the dressing room.

"It is a tough one because we planned throughout the week to have him and the bench is arranged around the personnel that starts the game, so that made it tough, but credit to the boys who did come off the bench. I thought they made a good impact and carried on where the starting eleven left off."

Zane also praised the efforts of two-goal hero Taggart, who carried the Newcastle attack in Heskey's absence.

"He is an out and out goal-scorer – all he thinks about is putting the ball in the net but he will do the leg work for the team as well," Zane said of Taggart.

"So he has a good character and he is definitely going to be one for the future. I have heard a few whispers that he is not an out and out goal-scorer but I see it everyday at training.

"I said to the boys before the match, we have enough fire power in that final third to get more goals.

"We probably have been guilty of being a bit goal-shy, but we just need to be a little bit clever in the final third and I thought we did that in the second half of last week and we carried that on tonight in terms of early deliver and having the courage to pull the trigger from distance as Tags (Taggart) did tonight."

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/j...JmouUqyfFiG.99
    Middleby get to work

Only two blokes on the forum picked it. Get down on your knees for some more cock slapping

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Only two blokes on the forum picked it. Get down on your knees for some more cock slapping
    Picked what, exactly?

Is it technically correct to get a red card after the final whistle is blown?
    And if the ref is happy to be handing cards out after the whistle what about Covic taking out Taggart gets a look in too?

Quote Originally Posted by Guerny View Post
    Is it technically correct to get a red card after the final whistle is blown?
    And if the ref is happy to be handing cards out after the whistle what about Covic taking out Taggart gets a look in too?
    i believe the ref can still issue warnings right up until he collects his cash from the away team dressing rooms.
    covic should have got a red if the ball was in play no doubt, final man and all that..... as it was after the whuistle the ref then needs to determin if the action was violent...... which it wasnt.

all that will come out of this is the grif haters will use it as more evidence to hate on him, the true believers will understand his passion and rejoice in it, passion is not a crime afterall, and covic will start next week.

i just hope griff serves his suspension in the active bays!

Yes, a red after the whistle is allowed. As long as he is in his strip as I understand it.

Covic wasn't last man - beachump and heff were back behind him very quickly

Quote Originally Posted by sh10 View Post
    Covic wasn't last man - beachump and heff were back behind him very quickly
    was high and reckless then. either way if it wasnt after the whistle the challange was worthy of a red

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    was high and reckless then. either way if it wasnt after the whistle the challange was worthy of a red
    Absolutely

I think he can until after he leaves the field of play at full time

Foul def happened after ref called full time. TV clearly shows it.