Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Joel Griffiths Returns - the best thing ever, ever, ever and ever

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Foul def happened after ref called full time. TV clearly shows it.
    That rules out d.o.g.s.o then, but are you telling me if I punch someone after the whistle is blown, I can't get redcarded? Well in.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

That would be "violent conduct" and you should be sent.
    What Covic did wasn't "violent conduct" is was ****ing stupid defending.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...round-17/85008
    2 match ban but 1 week of it can be overturned on appeal

Yes, but on appeal it can also be increased. Club needs to decide whether to gamble.

2 matches? ffs.

Double Eff Ay disgrace.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

griff should have just cracked him one imo.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    That would be "violent conduct" and you should be sent.
    What Covic did wasn't "violent conduct" is was ****ing stupid defending.
    I've just realised that Covic was outside the box, and led with his fist to punch the ball. What an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    I've just realised that Covic was outside the box, and led with his fist to punch the ball. What an idiot
    I guess it's irrelevant because he got off. I wonder if he got a formal warning from his employers after they'd finished chatting to Mr Williams?

Banned
    JETS management will decide on Tuesday whether to roll the dice and appeal Joel Griffiths’s two-match ban for referee abuse.

Football Federation Australia’s independent match review panel on Monday handed the enigmatic Jets striker an additional one-game ban on top of his automatic one-game suspension for receiving a red card.

Referee Ben Williams marched Griffiths after full-time in Newcastle’s 2-2 draw with Western Sydney Wanderers on Saturday night.

Griffiths heatedly remonstrated with Williams following a heavy collision between Jets striker Adam Taggart and Wanderers goalkeeper Ante Covic.

The match review panel ruled Griffiths was guilty of “use of offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures against a match official”.
    It is understood Griffiths did not call Williams a cheat.

The Jets have until midday on Tuesday to decide whether to appeal the suspension and have it reduced to one week.

In a statement on the club’s website on Monday night it appeared the Jets would be unlikely to take that gamble.

‘‘Should the club decide to appeal the suspension, the FFA has advised it is highly likely the penalty will be increased,’’ the statement read.

‘‘The club will seek legal advice and consider their options before making a decision prior to midday on Tuesday.’’

If Griffiths serves the full two-match ban the fiery target man will return against his former club Sydney FC at Hunter Stadium on February 22.

That rules him out of vital matches against the in-form Wellington Phoenix at Hunter Stadium on Sunday and against A-League leaders Brisbane Roar at Suncorp Stadium on February 16.

Given the Jets are winless in six games and are second last on the ladder, Griffiths’s suspension could not have arrived at a worse time.

The initial delay in obtaining a clearance for the former Johnny Warren Medallist’s from Chinese club Qingdao Jonoon meant Griffiths finally made his return for the Jets on Saturday, despite rejoining the club more than three weeks earlier.

This latest suspension means Griffiths will have only eight remaining games to catapult the misfiring Jets into the A-League finals.
    Dis Grace that HSG look like rolling over and not taking the fight up for the Peoples Champion from this injustice

Banned
    The independent Match Review Panel (MRP) issued a two-match suspension for Newcastle Jets striker Joel Griffiths following a red card in Saturday's draw with the Western Sydney Wanderers at Hunter Stadium.

The MRP issued this statement on Monday afternoon:

The incident involving Joel Griffiths (Newcastle Jets FC) in or around the 94th minute (after the full time whistle) of Newcastle Jets FC’s match against Western Sydney Wanderers FC on Saturday evening. The MRP has the authority to consider the incident as the Player was issued with a direct red card. The MRP proposed a sanction of the Mandatory Match Suspension plus one (1) additional match for the “Use of offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures against a match official”. Under the A-League Disciplinary Regulations, the Player or the Club may refer the matter to the Disciplinary Committee for hearing and Determination of the sole question of what additional sanction should be imposed (above the Mandatory Match Suspension which must be served). The Player or the Club has until 12pm Tuesday, 4 February 2014 to advise whether they wish to appeal the additional match suspension.

Should the Club decide to appeal the suspension, the FFA has advised it is highly likely the penalty will be increased.

The Club will seek legal advice and consider their options before making a decision prior to midday on Tuesday.
    Should be blaming the FFA for the 2 weeks Griffo missed and say they were not looking after the interests of Aussie Footballers by not standing up to the Chinese and FIFA and getting the IRC quicker

The FFA hate us… there's no possible way we'd win the appeal.

The club would be smart to cop it sweet

Because there is no way in the world the FFA is going to say the referee was wrong on a dissent matter. They will back Williams and will use Griff as a scapegoat to other clubs who appeal these type of sanctions in the future

It's absolute bullshit nonetheless
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    The club would be smart to cop it sweet

Because there is no way in the world the FFA is going to say the referee was wrong on a dissent matter. They will back Williams and will use Griff as a scapegoat to other clubs who appeal these type of sanctions in the future

It's absolute bullshit nonetheless
    Agree. I think we cop it and be glad it's not 3 weeks. Gives him time to improve fitness too

Does anyone else think it's dodgy the FFA have basically said cop it or we'll increase it? Seems a bit strange to me.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

It's very common for them to do that. Prevents clubs from appealing every single sanction imposed on players.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Classic griff didnt want his first start to be against wellington or away at bris. Wanted it to be at home vs the team some idiots claim he played for

Love Griff, all he did was provide an extremely detailed description of the ref when he said he was a 'Fvcking Cvnt', i dont see anything wrong with that.

The last thing we want is for Griffo to miss anymore games then he has to.

Two weeks is pretty good really. I was thinking it would be more. Good passion and all that, but in the end it was very silly.

Banned
    I just find it hard to understand how the prick of a ref could have actually heard a word Griff had to say.

The amount of abuse coming from over the fence at him makes it near on impossible the ref could have even hear Griff.

Bloke is lying when he claims Griff was abusing him it was most of the 15k crowd