Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Joel Griffiths Returns - the best thing ever, ever, ever and ever

Love the last paragraph in that,

Meanwhile, the Newcastle Jets have requested a review of the performance of referee Ben Williams in Saturday night’s clash with Western Sydney, as well as a review of how the independent Match Review Panel’s appeal process is conducted.
    basically the Jets saying that it's all bullshit but there's nothing they can do about it. FFA will basically use management speak to say that they can do what they want and are answerable to nobody.

Wouldn't mind the Jets doing a review of their own performance.
    We're 2nd last.
    Ain't the refs fault.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    We're 2nd last.
    Ain't the refs fault.
    It's all Deans Fault

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    We're 2nd last.
    Ain't the refs fault.
    got that right plague-never the fault of the players or coaching staff.Much easier to blame the referee or the weather or the ground or anything but the obvious.Maybe if the players spent more time defending or scoring goals then things would be better.Have a look at Griffiths record and attitude towards referees and the amount of time he has spent on the sidelines because of his poor behaviour.16 weeks when playing in China,should have got heaps for the sack whack,3 weeks for absing AR when playing for Sydney last year but it is always the referees fault.

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Much easier to blame the referee or the weather or the ground or anything but the obvious.
    None of this is my fault.

got that right plague-never the fault of the players or coaching staff.Much easier to blame the referee or the weather or the ground or anything but the obvious.Maybe if the players spent more time defending or scoring goals then things would be better.Have a look at Griffiths record and attitude towards referees and the amount of time he has spent on the sidelines because of his poor behaviour.16 weeks when playing in China,should have got heaps for the sack whack,3 weeks for absing AR when playing for Sydney last year but it is always the referees fault.
    Oh don't get me wrong. None of this is Griffs fault.

My finger is pointed squarely at Deans and Middleby.

Never the fault of the players or coaching staff? Are you serious?

Most players cop it on here when they don't perform. GVE has copped it non-stop for the past 3 years. Zane put his hand up and accepted responsibility after the CCM match. But now that Williams has performed like a ****ing dogs breakfast, we can't question it? Most people I've talked to agreed that Griffiths went over the top.

Most people I've talked to reckon Griffiths is a grub

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    He may well be, but he's a ****ing good player and shows passion for the jersey.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    He may well be, but he's a ****ing good player and shows passion for the jersey.
    agreed

Banned

You then need to stop talking to people with NFI then

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    He is a good player-i have never said he wasnt but that does not give him the right to abuse match officials when he doesnt get his own way-he costs the team far too much by being on the sideline.He should be setting the example for others particularly given the amount of dollars he is being paid.Track record at several clubs not one to be proud of

No doubt. That's why we love him. He's our grub.
    But for years I've heard people saying we need a "besart Berisha" someone upfront with a bit of mongrel.... Here he is.

Hope all those folk complaining about Joel remember to sit on their hands when he scores.

They are probably just agreeing with you to be polite and to prevent an argument but inside they think you're a nutter.

He is a good player-i have never said he wasnt but that does not give him the right to abuse match officials when he doesnt get his own way-he costs the team far too much by being on the sideline.He should be setting the example for others particularly given the amount of dollars he is being paid.Track record at several clubs not one to be proud of
    Yes, its better if we have players like brown who also cost the team by being on the sideline.

Banned
    THE Newcastle Jets have instructed Joel Griffiths to undergo counselling at his own expense after deciding not to appeal the two-match ban handed down to the striker for dissent.

The Jets had the chance on Tuesday to lodge an appeal against the second game of the suspension but announced they had accepted the two-match the penalty, which came after the former A-League Golden Boot was handed a red card after the full-time whistle of Saturday’s 2-2 draw with the Western Sydney Wanderers at Hunter Stadium.

Griffiths faced a mandatory one-game ban for the red card but was given an additional match by the independent Match Review Panel. Jets CEO Robbie Middleby said the club accepted the ban after receiving legal advice and following consultation with Griffiths and Football Federation Australia.

“As a club we expect our players to show the upmost respect to match officials at all times,” Middleby said in a statement.

“Joel understands that his actions at the end of Saturday’s match were unacceptable and he feels as though he has let his teammates, the Club and our Members and supporters down.

“On top of the suspension, Joel has accepted an internal punishment which will involve receiving counselling at his own expense.”

The Jets also announced they had requested a review of the performance of referee Ben Williams in Saturday night’s clash with Western Sydney and of how the independent Match Review Panel’s appeal process is conducted.

Seriously who in ****s name come up with that.

We are a ****ing joke

Guys, come join the Middleby out thread. It should be getting more and more popular.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

"On top of the suspension, Joel has accepted an internal punishment which will involve receiving counselling at his own expense.”

RM out

Does anyone actually think he is undergoing counselling? It's newspaper hogwash to appease the FFA