Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1234

Thread: Joel Griffiths Returns - the best thing ever, ever, ever and ever

That bits a given, it's educating the masses about Griff scoring the winner in '08 which is a thing of beauty.
    Blokes are on there talking about some Mark Bridge bloke.
    They don't know what they are talking about Bridge never even played for us, let alone scored.

Some people are just plain retarded I guess.

I think the behindthegame podcast this week is with Griff.

Be sure to wipe all lurid content from your phones before downloading as having the great mans voice digitized and compacted into MP3 format will make babies with any females stored in your phone in MP4 format. Too much griff is never enough but Steve jobs and those dudes at android never dreamt such a thing was possible (capturing his masters voice) and your phone might explode.

Or

It could be the whole y2k thing all over again and be no problem at all.

Banned
    High time we got this bloke back involved in the club.

Even on one leg he can't do any worse than the useless ****s playing for us.

BETTER yet Make Him MANAGER.

Can't go any worse than the current bloke or the last bloke anyway

anybody hear him on the commentary last Friday? not sure it's going to be a long-term prospect for him.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    anybody hear him on the commentary last Friday? not sure it's going to be a long-term prospect for him.
    Yep.
    He is great. A walk up start for any of those panel type shows.
    Funny, educated and no problem being in front of the camera.

Takes the piss too, after all it's only a ****ing game were talking about.

I wasn't sure about him commentating until his spiel on Ingham's hair. Commentary gold.

FB_IMG_1453108889477.jpgMy boy went to the Jobe Wheelhouse finishing school today. Coaching by Newy legends David Lowe, Lord Griff and some bloke that now plays NPL but used to be a gypo.

Despite me instructing the boy to refer to Lord Griff as "Lord", "Savior", "God" or such like he found himself dumbstruck. I'm working on him to ask the Great One to run him through how he scored the winner when we won the comp and to ask about the disgrace that some weak ankled bloke with an overly large head is trying to steal his glory.

Hopefully some of the Lord's skills will rub off on the little poacher. By the way, he was moving reasonably well.

FB_IMG_1453108922535.jpg

FB_IMG_1453108889477.jpg
    Last edited by Hunter403; 18-01-2016 at 09:58 PM.

So did you get amongst the soccermums whose panties would literally have been falling off watching Griff?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    So did you get amongst the soccermums whose panties would literally have been falling off watching Griff?
    Kept a respectful distance as I knew that getting too close would render me speechless

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    FB_IMG_1453108889477.jpgMy boy went to the Jobe Wheelhouse finishing school today. Coaching by Newy legends David Lowe, Lord Griff and some bloke that now plays NPL but used to be a gypo.

Despite me instructing the boy to refer to Lord Griff as "Lord", "Savior", "God" or such like he found himself dumbstruck. I'm working on him to ask the Great One to run him through how he scored the winner when we won the comp and to ask about the disgrace that some weak ankled bloke with an overly large head is trying to steal his glory.

Hopefully some of the Lord's skills will rub off on the little poacher. By the way, he was moving reasonably well.

FB_IMG_1453108922535.jpg

FB_IMG_1453108889477.jpg
    This is great
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Need griff working with the youth team as a attacking coach and need jobe working with the midfielders

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Need griff working with the youth team as a attacking coach and need jobe working with the midfielders
    You are a good and sensible person.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Need griff
    Tidied it up. All those other words were superfluous to your argument.

hahaha too true but jobe also bled for the shirt and he could teach players how he scored that goals against goal coast hahaha

Geez Griffo spits the truth, how good is his latest article on culture.

^^^^
    All I can say is that there are quite a few delusional and clueless muppets in this town going by the comments in todays Herald on Griffo's article.

Bagging the guy out because he took a huge offer to go to China....I mean what planet do these guys live on? The average footballer has 10 to 15 years max to make money out of his career and if I recall at the time the Chinese offer was 3 x what he would've got (even though he was offered the Jets Marquee position) to stay here....um oh I'll pass on that and stay with the Jets!!!

What he says is 100% true in regards to a non-existent culture of recognising what players to keep in order to build this club around year after bloody year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    ^^^^
    All I can say is that there are quite a few delusional and clueless muppets in this town going by the comments in todays Herald on Griffo's article.

Bagging the guy out because he took a huge offer to go to China....I mean what planet do these guys live on? The average footballer has 10 to 15 years max to make money out of his career and if I recall at the time the Chinese offer was 3 x what he would've got (even though he was offered the Jets Marquee position) to stay here....um oh I'll pass on that and stay with the Jets!!!

What he says is 100% true in regards to a non-existent culture of recognising what players to keep in order to build this club around year after bloody year.
    Problem is the 2 blokes who have been here the longest Kanta and BK despite avoiding the exit door from the club are not first choice certainties and neither appear to be providing the leadership and culture they should be.

How the **** are the rest of them gonna get it when these two don't look to be afflicted by it??

Griff.
    How good is he!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    ^^^^

Not this only have 15 year careers shit again. Like anyone else Footballers can work in another field when their football careers end. Like the rest of us they can retrain themselves / change careers and work until retirement age.

This is why I have absolutely no interest in talking to or meeting players after the games or at those meet and greet wank fests. Crying about earning 250k a season when most of your fans work just as hard sometimes harder for a hell of a lot less.

No wonder the fans feel disconnected from the players.

With respect tom which players to keep you are never going to keep anyone here when clubs are competing against state owned CSL teams for player signatures.

Griffo leaving to play in the CSL is proof enough of that.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 11-02-2016 at 01:16 PM.