Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1234

Thread: Joel Griffiths Returns - the best thing ever, ever, ever and ever

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Not this only have 15 year careers shit again. Like anyone else Footballers can work in another field when their football careers end. Like the rest of us they can retrain themselves / change careers and work until retirement age.

This is why I have absolutely no interest in talking to or meeting players after the games or at those meet and greet wank fests. Crying about earning 250k a season when most of your fans work just as hard sometimes harder for a hell of a lot less.

No wonder the fans feel disconnected from the players.

With respect tom which players to keep you are never going to keep anyone here when clubs are competing against state owned CSL teams for player signatures.

Griffo leaving to play in the CSL is proof enough of that.
    Agree to some extent here - it is becoming more and more about how much coin to you can make before retirement. Some can make good money in business or investment or media when they finish - even Griff has been studying and he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, so kudos. But others think retirement from the game means pension time.

I too can't stand adults fawning over players as their best friends at members gigs etc - they are paid professionals ffs. So you had a coffee with Birraz or Milos, they won't know who you are once they go to their next employer. You are only doing it to get your selfie on Facebook or to get some insider goss which you also can't wait to share with all and sundry.

An autograph or a photo for the kids is fine but the same desperates hang around the dressing rooms week in and week out for their 23rd pic with Mitch Cooper - some people's lives must be so boring.

Not this only have 15 year careers shit again. Like anyone else Footballers can work in another field when their football careers end. Like the rest of us they can retrain themselves / change careers and work until retirement age.

This is why I have absolutely no interest in talking to or meeting players after the games or at those meet and greet wank fests. Crying about earning 250k a season when most of your fans work just as hard sometimes harder for a hell of a lot less.

With respect tom which players to keep you are never going to keep anyone here when clubs are competing against state owned CSL teams for player signatures.

Have this argument a fair bit with people when it comes to NRL players. Go out and have a short term career for $500k a season then retire with no qualifications at the age of 32 with the body of an 80 year old? No thanks. You can have that.

The players who I feel a connection with are the ones out there getting a degree or trade quals whilst playing. The ones that can see a future long term. And the ones that can put aside the cash in the good times. See it all the time in the mining industry. Companies and workers splashing cash when the boom is on then crying poor when things get a little tight. Peaks and troughs. The real winners are the ones that can run a steady ship the whole time and realise theyre on a good wicket.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Have this argument a fair bit with people when it comes to NRL players. Go out and have a short term career for $500k a season then retire with no qualifications at the age of 32 with the body of an 80 year old? No thanks. You can have that.

The players who I feel a connection with are the ones out there getting a degree or trade quals whilst playing. The ones that can see a future long term. And the ones that can put aside the cash in the good times. See it all the time in the mining industry. Companies and workers splashing cash when the boom is on then crying poor when things get a little tight. Peaks and troughs. The real winners are the ones that can run a steady ship the whole time and realise theyre on a good wicket.
    Agree.

Most of the idiots live like they are going to earn their peak incomes for the rest of their lives - only to wind up bankrupt five years after they stop playing. NFL and NBA certainly set the standard in that department.
    The WAGS don't help matters either given their propensity to think they are Posh and Becks - and spend accordingly.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 11-02-2016 at 03:41 PM.

Banned

So use your coin to give yourself a job after you finished to life the high life as a Newy god by running a home loan shop and be like Griff

Face facts this bloke is just too clevrr

^^^^
    When Tim Cahill announced he was going to China....most people were like WTF!!!
    Turns out he knew exactly what he was doing. As we are starting learn in recent months China is the biggest growing market for football in the world. Cahill has realised the limitless potential of being based in the largest country in the world, hence his business ventures like setting up Academy's and his own line of clothes.
    Once he retires in the not too distant future, he and his whole family will be set for life!

Agree.

Most of the idiots live like they are going to earn their peak incomes for the rest of their lives - only to wind up bankrupt five years after they stop playing. NFL and NBA certainly set the standard in that department.
    The WAGS don't help matters either given their propensity to think they are Posh and Becks - and spend accordingly.
    hilarious when their big tosser stupidity comes to fruition. Some of the good blokes do have some badluck with investments etc

If you haven't listened to ep50 of the Jetstream - you're a gypo
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned
    I don’t understand nowadays why the Jets don’t buy into the derby, not publicly anyway. Before I went to China the rivalry was fierce. And it flowed on to the fans. If the players are hyped up, the fans jump on board. There is nothing wrong with a bit of banter, the odd barb, as long as it doesn’t cross the line.

John Hutchinson was the ring master when it came to talking the derby up. I always respected his passion for his club, even if he wasn’t always able to back it up on the field.
    The word of Lord Griffo still delivering the smackdown to Hutcho

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The word of Lord Griffo still delivering the smackdown to Hutcho

John Hutchinson was the ring master when it came to talking the derby up. I always respected his passion for his club, even if he wasn’t always able to back it up on the field.

And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

John Hutchinson was the ring master when it came to talking the derby up. I always respected his passion for his club,
    whoever said this will hang

No real Newy person will ever respect this aids machine.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post

nah, it was the old "pop his head up with an uppercut, then come across with the hook. he never saw it coming.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post

But....Griff said it.

Persecute and kill the heretic!

Banned
    Must say how good is this bloke??

Bloke is currently OS living the good life on holidays and takes the time to wish me a happy birthday

****ing legend

Banned
    THE Lambton Jaffas have added former Jets striker Joel Griffiths to their coaching staff after moving assistant Joel Grenell into a playing role.

Grenell and fellow former national league midfielder Jobe Wheelhouse have been helping head coach James Pascoe this season, but the Jaffas’ injury woes have prompted Grenell to pull the boots back on.

Pascoe said Griffiths’ expertise was a welcome addition to a side who have scored only five goals in six games this year, the second worst return in the league.

“Joel will be good for the boys in the front third,” Pascoe said. “I’m looking forward to him helping Luke Remington and the other boys go to the next level.”

The club had no plans to add 36-year-old Griffiths, who has been out for more than a year with a knee injury, as a player, but that could change next season.

Pascoe said Griffiths would not sit in the coaches’ dugout on Saturday at Edden Oval against Adamstown but would likely be on hand the following week against the Jets youth team.
    Rather interesting move for the Great One.

Weren't Pascoe and Griff on opposite sides when Muppet sent Griff and co all to the sandpit???

Though the only reason Pascoe sided with The Muppet was to try to protect the young players? Could be wrong though.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Rather interesting move for the Great One.

Weren't Pascoe and Griff on opposite sides when Muppet sent Griff and co all to the sandpit???
    I think there is more to this story. Pascoe will not end the season as coach. Watch this space.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Though the only reason Pascoe sided with The Muppet was to try to protect the young players? Could be wrong though.
    Yeah, you are wrong.
    Pascoe was only protecting his own interests.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairgo View Post
    I think there is more to this story. Pascoe will not end the season as coach. Watch this space.
    I watched Jaffas play yesterday

There was a complete absence of team unity when they scored

Someone scored and 75% of his teammates trotted back to position for KickOff
    Rather bizarre to see such a Luke warm reaction from a side desperate for a win to kick start their season.

You would have thought the whole team would have been mobbing the goal scorers in relief

I watched them a few weeks ago and thought the same ,they just didn't seem like they wanted to play for each other.no celebration of goals at all