Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bridges Time to Go

Banned

Bridges Time to Go

Now that we have Heskeytime, Taggart, the under rated talents of Joey Gibbs and some bloke called Joel Griffiths can someone enlighten me as to why we are wasting a squad spot on this bloke??

I'm pretty sure he'll be gone at the end of the season

I want Brown gone before Bridges.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Now that we have Heskeytime, Taggart, the under rated talents of Joey Gibbs and some bloke called Joel Griffiths can someone enlighten me as to why we are wasting a squad spot on this bloke??
    Your ****ing clueless

Bridges did no worse than some other players did last night. And some of those didn't get their own thread at the conclusion of the game.

I think Bridgey is trying too hard to impress in the short time he is getting.

However, as a striker it did concern me how deep he was dropping at times. He is supposed to be at the point of our attack.

Sorry I just don't get this love affair that a lot of the Jets faithful seem to have with Bridges. I've been supporting the club since day dot and I just cringe everytime he receives a resounding ovation whether it is for when he is about to come on or when he comes off the field. Seems to be a great bloke and everything off the field and that may be the appeal but really how many games has he came on and made such an impact that won the game for us??? His record of 11 goals in 59 games for us as a striker/#10 is nothing to write home about. Sure he is entertaining at times with the little flicks or step-overs etc but he also frustrates me with the attempts of trying to over-elaborate ie going for that "killer pass" or too many touches. Just this morning I was out-and-about and on discussing the match last night with another supporter who was there, he brought up how Bridges done well when he came on.....I thought here we go. No mention of Virgili or Caravella.....just Bridges!!!
    Please can someone enlighten me as to what he has done to deserve to be held in such high esteem, as for me he he has been a decent player at best for the club who just never quite delivered when it mattered most.

Bridges is the best self promoter in the history of football.

A Bridges Too Far - The tale of the guy who didn't know when to quit

Bridgey is a No.10 you idiot

His first touch last night was better than most and his vision is far better than most. His fitness is an issue (game time?) but he was of far more benefit than Virgilli (damn he looks unfit) and Brown (appalling last night). I am neither in favour of getting rid of him or sacking him: but he played pretty well last night.

As for the claim of being a self promoter: what rubbish. he does a bit of tv time and that's about it. Dunster, your criticsim of him for this is unfair.

TBH, I would have liked to see him get the chance to build a partnership with Heskey and let the young blokes feed them. Not going to happen now that we have one of the "Show me the money" Griffiths boys back. Hesky and Griff together? Not sure about that. We still need a 10.

Was the citizenship test hard hunter403?

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Was the citizenship test hard hunter403?
    laugh so hard i nearly shat! How about a reasoned response rather than weak comedy?

My criticism is more than fair. The bloke can't even dominate at NYL and state league level. He's not good enough, he's not getting any better, and he's blocking kids that are more deserving from getting their chance at A-league level.

With respect to self promotion, someone had to convince the club to sign him and it sure as **** wasn't from the fans lobbying to get his signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    His first touch last night was better than most and his vision is far better than most. His fitness is an issue (game time?) but he was of far more benefit than Virgilli (damn he looks unfit) and Brown (appalling last night). I am neither in favour of getting rid of him or sacking him: but he played pretty well last night.

As for the claim of being a self promoter: what rubbish. he does a bit of tv time and that's about it. Dunster, your criticsim of him for this is unfair.

TBH, I would have liked to see him get the chance to build a partnership with Heskey and let the young blokes feed them. Not going to happen now that we have one of the "Show me the money" Griffiths boys back. Hesky and Griff together? Not sure about that. We still need a 10.
    So... The guy does slightly better than two shit players and that warrants game time? Without rep duty, he wouldn't be anywhere near the squad and nor should he.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    laugh so hard i nearly shat! How about a reasoned response rather than weak comedy?
    Reasoned responses have been put forward an amazing amount of times previously.
    Bridges is past it.
    He's an effective sub when used against a tired defense, when we still have legs to run off him, we didn't have those legs last night.

More effective than Virgili?? Virgili put in at least one cross that should have been buried - remind me of the single chance Bridges created.

Personally, I thought he was disappointing. Few good touching, but not really a match changing player...
    Petrovski was scoring more goals and being more of an impact when he was playing for us at a similar age. All for him to stick around and take on some coaching or similar position as he is obviously well liked within the community.
    I agree that he is holding back players. I would much rather see Kale or Taggart/Griff/Heskey(presuming 2/3 will start) on the bench.

Wasn't the only poor performance, Brown is arguably just as bad, if not worse...

Should just build a bridge and get over it.

No idea where the Bridges "self promoter" bs comes from. I've never heard him talk up his own ability or anything like that. Usually he only spouts praise for the other young lads.

This entire thread is a joke too. If this was a thread to piss off someone such as Brillante or Taggart you moderators would be up in arms.

The bloke gets out there and gives 100% with the small amount of time he gets, and usually threatens the opposition defense more than most do throughout the rest of the game.

Besides he isnt a striker anyway, he's the only one in the squad that can even play the way a no. 10 us supposed to, create chances.

He isnt going anywhere because a 5-6 haters on a forum don't like him. Someone close this ridiculous thread and deal with it. Ffs...

Quote Originally Posted by Smeezyy View Post
    This entire thread is a joke too. If this was a thread to piss off someone such as Brillante or Taggart you moderators would be up in arms.
    I beg to differ. The forum is all about people expressing opinions and others engaging in discussion with different points of view. Bridges divides opinion between those who watch what he does, and those who watch what he tries to do.