Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Bridges Time to Go

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Maybe it's called Frolf over there.

It's all the rage over here. It's taken off since the new year. Everyone on the Foz, who is local, is playing it
    Nothing like that over here. It's just footy and ulti.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I've heard that one of his most avid followers has convinced him to sign for Toronto.
    Coming to play O35's with the Kingfishers.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Coming to play O35's with the Kingfishers.
    I actually wouldn't be surprised with your "connections" if this turns out to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

All I have to say on this is that it is indicative of the low standards many so-called supporters have when they would refer to Bridges as a club legend!!!
    No wonder year in year out we aim for the "top six", get to the final game in a scrape for 6th spot and end up 7th or 8th.
    I said it on Sunday when Bridges didn't play on Saturday that he was saving himself for his big finale next Friday.....can just envisage it now with half an hour to go, he comes on to a standing ovation, does his usual tricks and flicks with no end product and then does a lap of honour as if he actually achieved something while at this club....I feel nauseous already.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    All I have to say on this is that it is indicative of the low standards many so-called supporters have when they would refer to Bridges as a club legend!!!
    No wonder year in year out we aim for the "top six", get to the final game in a scrape for 6th spot and end up 7th or 8th.
    I said it on Sunday when Bridges didn't play on Saturday that he was saving himself for his big finale next Friday.....can just envisage it now with half an hour to go, he comes on to a standing ovation, does his usual tricks and flicks with no end product and then does a lap of honour as if he actually achieved something while at this club....I feel nauseous already.
    FFS - just don't go to the game if it troubles you so much. He'll have his 20 mins, say his goodbyes and then he's gone forever - let it be. At least he gives a shit unlike guys like Thommo, North and Covic before him who couldn't be arsed to acknowledge the fans and played like amateurs towards the end.

Even when Bridges retires he will come under criticism just for being alive.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 09-04-2014 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    He'll have his 20 mins
    Do you mean on the field, playing, or just off the field?

I still can't fathom why on earth he'll get any game time on Friday. We went into the Victory game last week knowing we had to win. Zane put out a team that drew (against a side much higher on the table), and arguably should have won if not for some reffing etc, and Bridges wasn't even on the bench. What exactly would be the motivator to take our "best" side and change it for the Adelaide game, that is just as important (if not more) than the Victory game? We have to win, nothing else will do. If we sacrifice playing our best possible side for the sake of a Bridges retirement cameo, this club & the entirety of management, coaches (inc Bridges) etc are royally messed up - and they should all be sacked.

FTR I'll always hold a grudge towards Bridges for what my perception of Bridges wrong-doings with the Ljubo/Branko saga was (I only worded it like that to keep you Bridges-lovers at bay). Nothing to do with him "just being alive".
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Do you mean on the field, playing, or just off the field?

I still can't fathom why on earth he'll get any game time on Friday. We went into the Victory game last week knowing we had to win. Zane put out a team that drew (against a side much higher on the table), and arguably should have won if not for some reffing etc, and Bridges wasn't even on the bench. What exactly would be the motivator to take our "best" side and change it for the Adelaide game, that is just as important (if not more) than the Victory game? We have to win, nothing else will do. If we sacrifice playing our best possible side for the sake of a Bridges retirement cameo, this club & the entirety of management, coaches (inc Bridges) etc are royally messed up - and they should all be sacked.

FTR I'll always hold a grudge towards Bridges for what my perception of Bridges wrong-doings with the Ljubo/Branko saga was (I only worded it like that to keep you Bridges-lovers at bay). Nothing to do with him "just being alive".
    Also to add to that WLG If the management choose to play Bridges at the expense of blooding a Yoof player or giving the likes of Oxborrow Hoole etc a run then they are right royally ****ed up as well.

Reality is moving forward these blokes are the future of our club and giving some bloke a self centered run just for the sake of it is ****ed when really the benefits of giving game time to the Yoof would be useful shorter/medium/longer term.

Personally I couldn't give a shit whether our best XI take the field Friday. I would rather see the likes of Kale (ohh Hang on we let him go) Cowburn Solari Oxborrow Hoole Lundy etc get 90 mins and game time at HAL to help their development rather than put our best XI out to win the game so we can still miss the finals anyway

#freekale

#freakale

Quote Originally Posted by Beeen View Post
    #freakale

C'est chic

Too much influence.

Nearly time for a cumback !
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

6-8 week joke coming in 3....2....1....
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !