Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ballon D'or

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    the fact that people like Daniel Garb vote on this says all you need to know about its relevance.
    I agree 100%. Disgrace that not a single Spurs player was in the top 11. A side that made the Champions League Final of all things and a side that features one of the most lethal strikers of all time.

Shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    I agree 100%. Disgrace that not a single Spurs player was in the top 11. A side that made the Champions League Final of all things and a side that features one of the most lethal strikers of all time.

Shameful.
    Forget about Spurs. Slobs wasn't even on the ballot ffs. It's a total scam.

Shameful.
    And just think.. that's the greatest side you'll ever get to see in Spurs colours and they can't even break into the top 10.

Even we got one in at 20 and this is the worst side I've ever witnessed in Arsenal colours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

In all seriousness tho. The Ballon was already pretty bad but know it beyond a joke.

No matter which way you look at it the rankings don't make any sense, football wise. Winning trophies don't seem to matter as much as individual stats... but then they do in other cases. International doesn't matter for Messi but then it does in other cases (Mahrez or Modric last year for instance). Goal scoring seems to be a huge factor, unless your Lewandowski. Winning the EPL isn't important, but winning La Liga is. Usually it's more important to win the UCL but this year that didn't matter because it wasn't a Spanish team....
    I mean it's a team sport so the award is already useless, but it sucks that they keep it going when it just trashes what actually happens throughout the year.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    In all seriousness tho. The Ballon was already pretty bad but know it beyond a joke.

No matter which way you look at it the rankings don't make any sense, football wise. Winning trophies don't seem to matter as much as individual stats... but then they do in other cases. International doesn't matter for Messi but then it does in other cases (Mahrez or Modric last year for instance). Goal scoring seems to be a huge factor, unless your Lewandowski. Winning the EPL isn't important, but winning La Liga is. Usually it's more important to win the UCL but this year that didn't matter because it wasn't a Spanish team....
    I mean it's a team sport so the award is already useless, but it sucks that they keep it going when it just trashes what actually happens throughout the year.
    It's an individual award in a team sport. It's always going to be contradictory.

TBF Ronaldo or Messi should win it every year as they are still the 2 best players lacing up their boots. De Bruyne, Mbappe, Sterling, Suarez, Aguero, Van Dijk etc are all the best of the rest but none of them even come close to those 2 players ability.

Shameful.
    Why? What did spurs win or what spurs player had an astronomical season?

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Just show him how Eden Hazard won Europa League player of the year after playing 2 full games and scoring 2 goals. Thats a good way to explain how to win these individual trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    As Frodo said the whole thing is irrelevant. Unless you're South American or speak Spanish you will not feature.

As Frodo said the whole thing is irrelevant. Unless you're South American or speak Spanish you will not feature.
    Or don't score 54 goals in a season. Just maybe