Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Ballon D'or

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Weimar Germany
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    the fact that people like Daniel Garb vote on this says all you need to know about its relevance.
    I agree 100%. Disgrace that not a single Spurs player was in the top 11. A side that made the Champions League Final of all things and a side that features one of the most lethal strikers of all time.

    Shameful.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    I agree 100%. Disgrace that not a single Spurs player was in the top 11. A side that made the Champions League Final of all things and a side that features one of the most lethal strikers of all time.

    Shameful.
    Forget about Spurs. Slobs wasn't even on the ballot ffs. It's a total scam.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    I agree 100%. Disgrace that not a single Spurs player was in the top 11. A side that made the Champions League Final of all things and a side that features one of the most lethal strikers of all time.

    Shameful.
    And just think.. that's the greatest side you'll ever get to see in Spurs colours and they can't even break into the top 10.

    Even we got one in at 20 and this is the worst side I've ever witnessed in Arsenal colours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,265
    In all seriousness tho. The Ballon was already pretty bad but know it beyond a joke.

    No matter which way you look at it the rankings don't make any sense, football wise. Winning trophies don't seem to matter as much as individual stats... but then they do in other cases. International doesn't matter for Messi but then it does in other cases (Mahrez or Modric last year for instance). Goal scoring seems to be a huge factor, unless your Lewandowski. Winning the EPL isn't important, but winning La Liga is. Usually it's more important to win the UCL but this year that didn't matter because it wasn't a Spanish team....
    I mean it's a team sport so the award is already useless, but it sucks that they keep it going when it just trashes what actually happens throughout the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    In all seriousness tho. The Ballon was already pretty bad but know it beyond a joke.

    No matter which way you look at it the rankings don't make any sense, football wise. Winning trophies don't seem to matter as much as individual stats... but then they do in other cases. International doesn't matter for Messi but then it does in other cases (Mahrez or Modric last year for instance). Goal scoring seems to be a huge factor, unless your Lewandowski. Winning the EPL isn't important, but winning La Liga is. Usually it's more important to win the UCL but this year that didn't matter because it wasn't a Spanish team....
    I mean it's a team sport so the award is already useless, but it sucks that they keep it going when it just trashes what actually happens throughout the year.
    It's an individual award in a team sport. It's always going to be contradictory.

    TBF Ronaldo or Messi should win it every year as they are still the 2 best players lacing up their boots. De Bruyne, Mbappe, Sterling, Suarez, Aguero, Van Dijk etc are all the best of the rest but none of them even come close to those 2 players ability.

  6. #26
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    I agree 100%. Disgrace that not a single Spurs player was in the top 11. A side that made the Champions League Final of all things and a side that features one of the most lethal strikers of all time.

    Shameful.
    Why? What did spurs win or what spurs player had an astronomical season?

  7. #27
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Why? What did spurs win or what spurs player had an astronomical season?
    Just show him how Eden Hazard won Europa League player of the year after playing 2 full games and scoring 2 goals. Thats a good way to explain how to win these individual trophies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Weimar Germany
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Why? What did spurs win or what spurs player had an astronomical season?
    As Frodo said the whole thing is irrelevant. Unless you're South American or speak Spanish you will not feature.

  9. #29
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    As Frodo said the whole thing is irrelevant. Unless you're South American or speak Spanish you will not feature.
    Or don't score 54 goals in a season. Just maybe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •