Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: HAL 13/14 Rd15 - Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne Heart 17/1/14 k/off 730pm AEDST

The problem with Caravella is that when he receives the ball he stops dead with it and turns left or right or a combination of both, stops, and then starts the procedure all over again.
    This makes him a sitting duck for defenders because they know he's not going to release the ball straight away.
    It also gives defenders time to close down any player that were in free space, making it near impossible for Caravella to find someone to pass it to.
    If Caravella does manage to pass the ball, the player receiving it will either be surrounded by opposition players or forced to play the ball defensively rather than attack the opposition.

At GCU it was never an issue because Caravella had Culina who was very strong on the ball to dig him out of the shit. Although Caravella was better then than he is now.

This is probably why Adelaide couldn't get rid of him fast enough given the style of football they now play would not have worked with Caravella on the pitch.

Losing Hoole, Brillante, Taggart, Chapman, and Burns was never going to be ideal. I'd even be happy to play Chapman ahead of Caravella as a mid.

Chapman played most of his junior football as a mid.

Brillante, burns & neville are far more important to this team than first thought

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    Brillante, burns & neville are far more important to this team than first thought
    We are ****ing abysmal without them. With them we are just abysmal

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The problem with Caravella is that when he receives the ball he stops dead with it and turns left or right or a combination of both, stops, and then starts the procedure all over again.
    This makes him a sitting duck for defenders because they know he's not going to release the ball straight away.
    It also gives defenders time to close down any player that were in free space, making it near impossible for Caravella to find someone to pass it to.
    If Caravella does manage to pass the ball, the player receiving it will either be surrounded by opposition players or forced to play the ball defensively rather than attack the opposition.

At GCU it was never an issue because Caravella had Culina who was very strong on the ball to dig him out of the shit. Although Caravella was better then than he is now.

This is probably why Adelaide couldn't get rid of him fast enough given the style of football they now play would not have worked with Caravella on the pitch.

Losing Hoole, Brillante, Taggart, Chapman, and Burns was never going to be ideal. I'd even be happy to play Chapman ahead of Caravella as a mid.
    +1000
    The bloke will have no one around him and he'll turn himself inside out just to lose the ball, give someone a hospital pass or best case scenario pass the ball backwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Who died? Who are the armbands for?
    Ando's grandmother passed away according to FB. Wearing the armbands was about the only thing the Jets did right all night.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Throw Ward in ahead of Caravella… he actually had some energy, and played some nice quick passes to keep the flow going. Caravella isn't exactly a defensive asset so it's no loss if Ward can't tackle - at least he provides something going forward.

you would like one touch? sif anyone else wants to recieve it.

I've never laughed so much during a game before, pure comedy. GVE in

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    I've never laughed so much during a game before, pure comedy. GVE in
    sounds like you have the right attitude and lowered expectations accordingly, well played garth, party on.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    you would like one touch? sif anyone else wants to recieve it.
    I don't expect A-league players to perform at Serie-A or La-Liga standard. Just the intention to actually try and release the ball quicker would be enough at this stage. Caravella doesn't even look like he wants to pass until he's surrounded by the opposition.

He seems to be holding the ball trying to draw a foul - but its not working.

The only time he's ever looked like a professional playing for the Jets is when he combined with ADP for a goal by tackling Chapman.

I don't expect A-league players to perform at Serie-A or La-Liga standard. Just the intention to actually try and release the ball quicker would be enough at this stage. Caravella doesn't even look like he wants to pass until he's surrounded by the opposition.

He seems to be holding the ball trying to draw a foul - but its not working.

The only time he's ever looked like a professional playing for the Jets is when he combined with ADP for a goal by tackling Chapman.
    We moved the ball quicker in All-Age M last year.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    I reckon Tinks rang GVE a few weeks back.

"Here's the deal Garry. I'll get griff if you throw the heart game, I'll dump millions on it from Singapore, I'll stay rich, club survives etc etc"

Tinks to use winnings to buy out GVE's contract and get Ian crook to take over.

What chance Ian crook announced as new jets manager?