Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2014 All Age, Over 35's, all the legends

End of an era at Wallsend (Federal Pk) last Saturday when NAWA (N'cle And Wallsend Amateur) played their last game. (O35 Sat C's)
    They lost 2-3 to Morisset and finished 8th. Dale C informed me last week that he wasn't continuing and nobody was keen to either play on or take up any committee positions.

NAWA was the club where quite a few of us at Cookers who started the new incarnation of the club first consolidated playing for NAWA between 94 to 97 when Cooks Hill Utd was founded (Dec 97)
    There was a lot of recrutiting that use happen on the Rowdies Hill for that club (NAWA) back in those days.
    There were hopes at one stage of trying to build something out at Bill Potts Field (end of Creek Rd) but efforts (mostly mine) to get anything concrete lease wise from Gretley Colliery or anyone else (NCC etc) was fruitless.
    That plus quite a few of us lived in town meant there was a need to look for something more local in the end.

Well done Dale C and all the NAWA lads for carrying the torch this long.

For those interested in what happens if washouts happen during semis for U12's through to O35's & AA

D 30 FIXTURES NOT PLAYED AS SCHEDULED
    The Joint Board of the Zone Associations may reschedule any Competition or Final Series Fixture OR
    determine the result of any Competition or Final Series Fixture at its discretion ie any Fixture not played
    or completed due to wet weather, deferment and abandonment.
    In the event of a washout in the Finals Series the following Rules shall apply:
    (a) The season shall be put back one week if this is possible
    If it is not possible to put the season back one week, the following Rules shall apply:
    (b) In the event of a washout of the Semi-Finals Round, team 1 will play team 4 and
    team 2 will play team 3 (team positions based on competition point score) as a
    replacement of the Finals Round; the winners proceed directly to the Grand Final
    and the losers are eliminated.
    (c) In the event of a washout of the Finals Round, team 1 will play team 2 (team positions
    based on competition point score) as a replacement of the Grand Finals Round; the winner
    will be the Grand Final Winner and the loser will be the Grand Final Runner-Up.
    (d) In the event of a washout of the Grand Finals Round, the competition Finals Series
    shall be declared null and void for the season; there shall be no Grand Final Winner or
    Grand Final Runner-Up because no game has been played.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge View Post
    For those interested in what happens if washouts happen during semis for U12's through to O35's & AA

D 30 FIXTURES NOT PLAYED AS SCHEDULED
    The Joint Board of the Zone Associations may reschedule any Competition or Final Series Fixture OR
    determine the result of any Competition or Final Series Fixture at its discretion ie any Fixture not played
    or completed due to wet weather, deferment and abandonment.
    In the event of a washout in the Finals Series the following Rules shall apply:
    (a) The season shall be put back one week if this is possible
    If it is not possible to put the season back one week, the following Rules shall apply:
    (b) In the event of a washout of the Semi-Finals Round, team 1 will play team 4 and
    team 2 will play team 3 (team positions based on competition point score) as a
    replacement of the Finals Round; the winners proceed directly to the Grand Final
    and the losers are eliminated.
    (c) In the event of a washout of the Finals Round, team 1 will play team 2 (team positions
    based on competition point score) as a replacement of the Grand Finals Round; the winner
    (d) In the event of a washout of the Grand Finals Round, the competition Finals Series
    shall be declared null and void for the season; there shall be no Grand Final Winner or
    Grand Final Runner-Up because no game has been played.
    and the season WON'T be put back 1 week. Already confirmed at an association meeting during the week

Quote Originally Posted by stormypete View Post
    and the season WON'T be put back 1 week. Already confirmed at an association meeting during the week
    Well at least you guys wont have to play Rutherford if this w/e gets washed out (which at Valo is a very high chance).
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Anyone out Thornton way know of how much theyve copped?

I reckon we'll struggle baz, the team I coach is playing out there on Saturday as well.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Anyone out Thornton way know of how much theyve copped?
    balls in the face or rain?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Well at least you guys wont have to play Rutherford if this w/e gets washed out (which at Valo is a very high chance).
    No ... we get to play Warners Bay (lucky us).
    I'm still hoping for a game but suspect that they might kick us old farts off in an attempt to salvage Saturday games.

No ... we get to play Warners Bay (lucky us).
    I'm still hoping for a game but suspect that they might kick us old farts off in an attempt to salvage Saturday games.
    Just got the email, Valo is out for tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Just got the email, Valo is out for tonight.
    Not at all surprised. I see Finnan Oval is out as well.
    Thought there might have been more.

Fieldsend oval is open (East Maitland) !!!!! Game on.

O35 A's off tonight, so next week is 1v4 and 2v3.

Whats the next weeks forecast look like?

Still pissed its the semis and other than preseason I haven't stepped foot on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    O35 A's off tonight, so next week is 1v4 and 2v3.

Whats the next weeks forecast look like?

Still pissed its the semis and other than preseason I haven't stepped foot on the pitch.
    There ain't no pitch to step on. Many of the Newcastle (aka "coastal") grounds are almost under water.
    On the other hand, I couldn't believe how dry Fieldsend and Seaham Bowthorne were on the weekend.

Anyone got any idea of how susceptible Gregory Park West Wallsend is?
    Hate to be negative but I've got a feeling we're going to exit the semis without kicking a ball

Well would you be able to kick the ball anyway against Warners Bay Pete? :P
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Now come on Tom ... no need for that.
    You know as well as I do, I've scored some of my best goals against the Bay

this may be needed

Now come on Tom ... no need for that.
    You know as well as I do, I've scored some of my best goals against the Bay
    I remember a great assist 5 minutes in at the home game against them, not long after Kenny said do nothing silly
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

There ain't no pitch to step on. Many of the Newcastle (aka "coastal") grounds are almost under water.
    On the other hand, I couldn't believe how dry Fieldsend and Seaham Bowthorne were on the weekend.

Anyone got any idea of how susceptible Gregory Park West Wallsend is?
    Hate to be negative but I've got a feeling we're going to exit the semis without kicking a ball
    We are at Gregory Park as well, if its washed out, we go to the Grand Final without kicking a ball. Not sure how well it drains there.

Id suggest its not looking great though.

If any of you lads ended up playing on Gregory park tonight can you please let us know (and also what pitch was like).

Ta.

Stormypete would be playing now and should be able to update.

I should be out there supporting my team at 8, but couldn't get anyone to watch the kids so I am relying on someone sending me text updates.

I'd imagine the ground would be pretty ugly after the last 2 weeks rain.