Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2014 All Age, Over 35's, all the legends

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Stormypete would be playing now and should be able to update.

I should be out there supporting my team at 8, but couldn't get anyone to watch the kids so I am relying on someone sending me text updates.

I'd imagine the ground would be pretty ugly after the last 2 weeks rain.
    Any info would be great cheers.
    How come you're not playing?

Gregory Park was mush, that was before the games were played. Players slipping over all the time, especially one Warners Bay guy, eh Pete?

I'll be surprised if theres a lot of grass left in the centre channels for tomorrow.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Goal keeper nightmare. They needed studs about an inch long.

Rutherford 9-2 and Warners Bay 5-1 easy winners, should both be about 4 grades higher.....
    Leave H grade to us hacks.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Any info would be great cheers.
    How come you're not playing?
    High Ankle Sprain in the preseason, waiting to see a surgeon in 2 weeks. Essentially, the ligament that holds my Tibia and Fibula together is missing, and two others are mostly gone.

I managed to get out to the game tonight, field looked crap. Wet and slippery. We went down 3-2 to Norths, so that our season done. O35 A Grand Final will be West Wallsend (beat Singleton 3-0) v Norths.

I overheard an official say they wanted to call it off yesterday, but Northern wanted it to go ahead. As bad as the field was though, it was playable. Its pretty chopped up though, will be destroyed by tomorrow arvo. Its wet, slippery but not dangerous. Id say the right call was made to play.

Cheers for the info. They have called it on today. Good luck with the ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Rutherford 9-2 and Warners Bay 5-1 easy winners, should both be about 4 grades higher.....
    Leave H grade to us hacks.
    Doesn't help either when Warners Bay have a bloke up front who seems to fall over whenever someone goes near him.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Doesn't help either when Warners Bay have a bloke up front who seems to fall over whenever someone goes near him.
    You get a bit sick of that after a while....especially when they don't need to resort to those tactics.
    I agree with late_to_the_game. Leave H grade to "us hacks".

As much as the pitch was crap on Friday night, it was good to get on the park. Would much rather go down blaming the refs, pitch and "divers" than bowing out without taking the field.
    Great effort from the Jaffas. The 5-1 scoreline (which I think was actually 6-1??) was no indication of the effort OR the contest. We were down 2-1 with 20 to go. What happened after that is a bit of a blur.
    Post game drinks made it all seem worthwhile.

If anyone is at the GF of the Friday night B grade comp (think it's at raymo) wallsend vs uni the result would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by spamg172 View Post
    If anyone is at the GF of the Friday night B grade comp (think it's at raymo) wallsend vs uni the result would be much appreciated.
    2-1 to uni.

Westy didn't win Fri O35 A's for the first time in a long time going down 2-0 to Norths.

Norths done the double also taking out Friday All Age A against Maitland. 3-3 3-1 in penalties!
    Last edited by bombers_away; 07-09-2014 at 10:20 AM. Reason: clarification

Any all age teams need a bog standard midfielder for next season?
    Go jetties

soufy mate soufy
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!