Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 State Cup

draws out, on nnswf web site, critical of starting times, still a bit warm in March for 11 am kick off

Link to draws for State Cup.

http://www.northernnswfootball.com.a...d=10&tx_ttnews[year]=2014&tx_ttnews[month]=01&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=3135&cHash=3611034fc506c027097946c508b597b8

anyone keen to have a stab at picking the first round? obviously with 4 divisions in the ZL many will be just stabs in the dark (the best kind)...

Mayfield United v Westlakes - no clue really..higher division safe choice
    Belmont Tingira v Uni ZL2 - on penalties?
    Morriset v Nelson Bay - too much quality if they retained most of their squad

Kotara Sth v Beresfield FC - unless kotara put out the best they have to offer, it will be tight
    New Lambton Eagles v Simba - simba would be difficult to play, strong coming forward, defence may let them down against quality like NL
    Cooks Hill ZL3 v Barnsley - too strong
    Cooks Hill ZPL v CCB - no idea again..safety first

Dudley Redhead Utd ZL3 v Medowie FC - uneducated guess?
    Merewether Advance v Muswellbrook - if they travel well
    Garden Suburb v Dudley Redhead SFC - good pickups for burbs from what I've heard (more than likely wrong)

Uni ZPL v RAAF - another safety pick...
    Platsburgg v Swansea - plattsy were good last year, but so were swansea
    Wallsend v Cardiff - another club that 'seems' to have recruited well

Dungog v Mayfield Utd JFC ZL3 - i actually have no idea...at all
    Jesmond FC v Hamilton Olympic - the move to ZL1 should see them pickup a few, Olympic were blasted in Rd 1 last year
    Tenambit v Stockton - too strong, sorry blacky...

Kurri Kurri v Raymond Terrace - terrace have allegedly lost a few, kurri play with a fair bit of will be tight
    Toronto Awaba JFC v Newcastle Suns - if anybody seen Rd 1 last year and how well prepared the suns were when they played Barnsley...yeah, goals...lots of goals
    Beresfield United ZL1 v Warners Bay - gotta pick one with your heart right? wishful thinking may have also played a part...

I'm not going to bother with the State League/ NewFM cause really I know nothing about those comps and how well prepared the sides are... like some of these predictions, they'd just be guesses! hopefully nobody is offended I didn't pick their club to win, my opinion doesn't really mean shit...haha

Good Luck EVERYBODY!!!
    Last edited by supa; 23-01-2014 at 12:49 PM. Reason: cannot spell to save my life today...

So with Toronto no longer playing in ZL3 are the sun's given a free pass to the next round or will the team given the bye ( can't for the life of me remember who it was) take there spot and face the sun's??

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    So with Toronto no longer playing in ZL3 are the sun's given a free pass to the next round or will the team given the bye ( can't for the life of me remember who it was) take there spot and face the sun's??
    i was thinking the same thing but we havent heard anything from the feds
    we are preparing the game just the same regardless

i think Kahibah was the team with the bye

I spoke to 2 guys from Toronto's Over35s team "The Slugs" on the weekend and apparently they have been asked to take Toronto ID3s position in the State Cup. So Suns will be playing against the O35s team of Toronto.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I spoke to 2 guys from Toronto's Over35s team "The Slugs" on the weekend and apparently they have been asked to take Toronto ID3s position in the State Cup. So Suns will be playing against the O35s team of Toronto.
    If that is the case that is just down right ridiculous. Why do that when there is a team not playing due to a bye. If it has something to do with numbers then either send sun's thru or luck of the draw in round two who gets the bye.

Tips
    Magic 6-2 Thornton
    Weston 3-2 Adamstown
    Olympic 5-0 Singleton
    Lamb ton 4-1 Belswans
    Southy 1-2 Maitland
    Azzurri 3-1 Lakes
    Cessnock 0-2 Toronto
    Edgy 6-1 Westy

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Tips
    Magic 6-2 Thornton
    Weston 3-2 Adamstown
    Olympic 5-0 Singleton
    Lamb ton 4-1 Belswans
    Southy 1-2 Maitland
    Azzurri 3-1 Lakes
    Cessnock 0-2 Toronto
    Edgy 6-1 Westy
    Tipping scores is hard however id say i agree with all the winners you've tipped.

Tips
    Magic 6-2 Thornton
    Weston 3-2 Adamstown
    Olympic 5-0 Singleton
    Lamb ton 4-1 Belswans
    Southy 1-2 Maitland
    Azzurri 3-1 Lakes
    Cessnock 0-2 Toronto
    Edgy 6-1 Westy
    I agree...the tips will be close. I think Magic and Olympic will go close to reaching double digits if they play anywhere near their full strength sides in their favourable draws. Edgy could rack up a score against Westy if they have enough players to play. Has anyone heard where Westy are at? I heard they are in huge crisis with Greg Smith leaving? I also believe Maitland will be too strong for Southy as will Azzuri be for Lakes. Looking forward to watching some competitive matches.

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    I agree...the tips will be close. I think Magic and Olympic will go close to reaching double digits if they play anywhere near their full strength sides in their favourable draws. Edgy could rack up a score against Westy if they have enough players to play. Has anyone heard where Westy are at? I heard they are in huge crisis with Greg Smith leaving? I also believe Maitland will be too strong for Southy as will Azzuri be for Lakes. Looking forward to watching some competitive matches.
    Maybe if Greg Smith retained players that were at the club or actively recruited players to the club they wouldn't be in this situation and now he is leaving. Laughable, isn't a key part of a coaches job the retention and recruitment of players ? Other peoples thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    When he is not even seen pulling team out of the barrell but seems to be picking up sheets with club names on them it makes me think the thing is fixed
    I couldn't help but think the same thing.
    Was stupid to not show the "hat" that they were being "drawn" from. Only opens them up to accusations of doing the dodgy.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    I couldn't help but think the same thing.
    Was stupid to not show the "hat" that they were being "drawn" from. Only opens them up to accusations of doing the dodgy.
    Biggest rort of a draw I have ever witnessed,it looks like the team names are face up on a table and he actually looks sometimes to be scanning the names to decide who to pick out to play the first team chosen in a match. Very poor
    Last edited by wannabe; 20-02-2014 at 09:43 PM.

Biggest rort of a draw I have ever witnessed,it looks like the team names are face up on a table and he actually looks sometimes to be scanning the names to decide who to pick out to play the first team chosen in a match. Very poor
    Nelson Bay vs Morisset same as the round 1 draw as last year. what are the chances of drawing the same teams for round 1 out 2 years in a row? in the inter district pool group (34 teams)

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    i was thinking the same thing but we havent heard anything from the feds
    we are preparing the game just the same regardless

i think Kahibah was the team with the bye
    Would be good game to watch if fed matches them up Suns vs Kahibah, would rather watch that than an over 35 team

1 in 34

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    1 in 34
    It may be late and I may be tired but I am under the impression getting the same draw 2 years in a row is more along the lines of 1/(34*34)
    OK

If you nominate the team before the first draw, yes. As it's that 1 team from 34 the first time and again the second time

If you're simply looking at the odds if getting the same team as last year, it's only 1/34 as it doesn't matter who you had last year so long as you got them this year. 34/34*1/34

Though if there's 34 teams in the pool, you can't get drawn against you're sled, so it's actually 1/33

The odds of Rolling 2 sixes in a row, is not the same as rolling any number, and then rolling that same number again.

ok professors thanks for the maths lesson. This is pointing out the process of how the draw is conducted and asking questions if drawn out of a hat how the individual has pulled out a 3% outcome? by the look at the draw the hat has been fixed and i am calling Shenanigans. A solution to clear how random the draw actually is have a better view of how the draw is conducted when filming for the next round

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin Messenger View Post
    Nelson Bay vs Morisset same as the round 1 draw as last year. what are the chances of drawing the same teams for round 1 out 2 years in a row? in the inter district pool group (34 teams)
    Wallsend v Cardiff same as last years 1st round, hat drawn my arse