Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 State Cup

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    These are contrived results,how do the 4 Newcastle reps all not draw one another at coffs on the first day?
    Four teams from Newcastle make up a southern pool, each team is then drawn against one of the four teams from the northern pool.

Believe it or not broadmeadow are hosting the state cup on Wednesday the 9th July,

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Believe it or not broadmeadow are hosting the state cup on Wednesday the 9th July,
    Is there something untoward in that? Your comment shows some displeasure?

Unfortunately Frank Lowy was not on hand at NNSWF headquarters to pull the names out of the top of the cup, he was busy in South America for some reason, maybe opening another shopping centre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpSh...ature=youtu.be

I'll be honest, the fact that Magic, one of the teams involved in the final is hosting isn't a good look. Can't imagine Old Trafford hosting a FA Cup final involving United. I know Wanderers is one of the best fields in Newcastle, but surely any of the other grounds could have hosted, either Edgy or Adamstown spring to mind. It does fuel theories surrounding Magic.

Edit: Upon viewing the video, I still reckon they should have looked for a neutral venue.
    Last edited by Thomas477; 25-06-2014 at 12:49 AM.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

The fact that magic have been handed grand finals, jets youth/ woman games over the past years I thought NNSWF may have gave south Cardiff the opportunity to host the final, lack of opportunity is a little annoying to say the least, I'm not having a shot at magic, good luck to them but NNSWF need to have a good hard look at themselves

With these two teams involved, you can probably take out them playing at Weston (nobody wants to travel there), you have another six grounds that could be used for this game which would make it truly neutral. I wonder if Magic are splitting the gate fees with Southy or are they taking the gate plus canteen sales. Hope Southy take home the major prize as it will be the only way they might come out of this with some coin.

Whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge!
    Seriously, will all the haters please sit down. I really don't think either Southy or Magic would have wanted to host a mid week fixture between two other clubs for a State Cup final. All clubs host a minimum of 7 games a fortnight as it is!
    The draw was random, both clubs knew the process and were happy to play the final down here in Newcastle either at Magic Park or Ulinga rather than up in Coffs on Sunday afternoon!
    It's football, not s***er!!

I thought NNSWF may have gave south Cardiff the opportunity to host the final
    They gave them a chance to host it, to be fair.

Should be at Lakes. Best ground for viewing in the league IMO.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    They gave them a chance to host it, to be fair.

Should be at Lakes. Best ground for viewing in the league IMO.
    No one would go!

Lakes have the chance to provide the BEST facility in Newcastle. It's unfortunate they haven't got the people or community who are willing to roll up their sleeves, raise money and help it reach its potential.

The fact that magic have been handed grand finals, jets youth/ woman games over the past years I thought NNSWF may have gave south Cardiff the opportunity to host the final, lack of opportunity is a little annoying to say the least, I'm not having a shot at magic, good luck to them but NNSWF need to have a good hard look at themselves
    please forever, just stop whinging for once in your life...

i would rather watch or play at magic park than go to southy any day of the week..
    im not having a personal attack on ya, but weigh up the pros and cons on both venues.. just come to terms or reality that ulinga is not what you think it is (in your head wembley)

if i was northern you have a to lean toward the best faclity in the league, why have a ground like that available and not use it..
    Last edited by cobra23; 25-06-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    please forever, just stop whinging for once in your life...

i would rather watch or play at magic park than go to southy any day of the week..
    im not having a personal attack on ya, but weigh up the pros and cons on both venues.. just come to terms or reality that ulinga is not what you think it is (in your head wembley)

if i was northern you have a to lean toward the best faclity in the league, why have a ground like that available and not use it..
    Your missing my point, there's a reason magic have the facility they have, by hosting final series etc etc, not totally this way but most.

Your missing my point, there's a reason magic have the facility they have, by hosting final series etc etc, not totally this way but most.
    I'll side with FR on this one. As I've said previously, if you share the money around, the entire league will profit and all clubs can improve their grounds, not just the the good grounds getting better.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I agree with both sides.

On one hand, Magic have the best facility in the league. I'm sure nobody would argue with that. I can see why they get the Jets Youth and W-League fixtures.
    But then you have to ask why they have such good facilities? Funds, hard working committee and their reputation/ability to gain sponsors.

All clubs have a hard working committee. There's no disputing that. With adequate funds, all clubs would be able to improve their facilities. I agree it is a waste to not use the facility, but at this stage, the rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer. Would like to see it at a neutral ground, or gate takings split in some way with the opposition teams.

Maybe because they dug deep into their pockets, rolled up their sleeves, spent every spare hour at the facility, door knocked their community and businesses for support, and built the facility BEFORE they got any GFs, Jets games, Jets Youth games, W-League, or anything else. Im just thinking out aloud here but if they built a chicken shed, had no hills for viewing, open and unfenced in places, waited on council to gift you hundreds of thousands if not millions, then i wonder if they would have right to even go down this road again. Lakes had it for years and years and did nothing to improve their facility, many other teams have had GFs and blown all the money on their teams. I say thank you to magic for lifting the standard of our venues locally as it is obvious that other teams are now not as reliant on council handouts and are making the effort to improve their facilities. In any case when magic were hosting those initial GFs i remember the crowds were very poor and part of the reason we have the spectacle of great GFs is because magic have the biggest following in the league, the venue is comfortable and organised on game day, the food and drinks are reasonably priced and there is no other venue within our game that compares or comes close to this facility. Not to mention that hosting all those GFs in the early days would have returned much less that anybody here really cares to consider. On the other hand any team playing magic in semis, and other teams playing semis where they keep all the gate takings form those games, as opposed to Northern taking all GF door takings then, you would realise that a semi would be much more profitable for a club that the hard work of a catering event on GF day. So if we put everything into perspective magic may have hosted the GFs for years but they certainly didn't build their facility from the profits. So when people are quick to bag them out they should take the time to improve their own facilities instead of whining and whinging on here about how hard done by they have been and every minute spent bagging out magic they could have built a descent grandstand and not a chook shed. And lets not forget that it was a 50% chance that South Cardiff or Magic could have got the game, and that one wonders if magic would have been on here bagging out the process if it were South Cardiff's name pulled from the cup. And no there is no point giving the game to a neutral club, and why should they. I remember a Cuip Final at South Cardiff only a couple years, the one that made it to the Herald with all those ugly scenes and drunken louts, and uncontrolled players, and i can't recall anybody carrying on then that the game was held at South Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by terryk View Post
    Maybe because they dug deep into their pockets, rolled up their sleeves, spent every spare hour at the facility, door knocked their community and businesses for support, and built the facility BEFORE they got any GFs, Jets games, Jets Youth games, W-League, or anything else. Im just thinking out aloud here but if they built a chicken shed, had no hills for viewing, open and unfenced in places, waited on council to gift you hundreds of thousands if not millions, then i wonder if they would have right to even go down this road again. Lakes had it for years and years and did nothing to improve their facility, many other teams have had GFs and blown all the money on their teams. I say thank you to magic for lifting the standard of our venues locally as it is obvious that other teams are now not as reliant on council handouts and are making the effort to improve their facilities. In any case when magic were hosting those initial GFs i remember the crowds were very poor and part of the reason we have the spectacle of great GFs is because magic have the biggest following in the league, the venue is comfortable and organised on game day, the food and drinks are reasonably priced and there is no other venue within our game that compares or comes close to this facility. Not to mention that hosting all those GFs in the early days would have returned much less that anybody here really cares to consider. On the other hand any team playing magic in semis, and other teams playing semis where they keep all the gate takings form those games, as opposed to Northern taking all GF door takings then, you would realise that a semi would be much more profitable for a club that the hard work of a catering event on GF day. So if we put everything into perspective magic may have hosted the GFs for years but they certainly didn't build their facility from the profits. So when people are quick to bag them out they should take the time to improve their own facilities instead of whining and whinging on here about how hard done by they have been and every minute spent bagging out magic they could have built a descent grandstand and not a chook shed. And lets not forget that it was a 50% chance that South Cardiff or Magic could have got the game, and that one wonders if magic would have been on here bagging out the process if it were South Cardiff's name pulled from the cup. And no there is no point giving the game to a neutral club, and why should they. I remember a Cuip Final at South Cardiff only a couple years, the one that made it to the Herald with all those ugly scenes and drunken louts, and uncontrolled players, and i can't recall anybody carrying on then that the game was held at South Cardiff.
    Talk about hitting the nail on head! Couldn't agree with this more!!
    Some people are so moronic to think that Magic have things handed to them. It all comes down to the hard work over the years that many volunteers have put into that club to make it what is today.

all this shit would not have been a topic if southy got drawn out of the cup...
    and i was going to write more but just read what terry said and he summed up a lot more....

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    I'll side with FR on this one. As I've said previously, if you share the money around, the entire league will profit and all clubs can improve their grounds, not just the the good grounds getting better.
    You're both missing the point. Read the post below, educate yourself and quit commenting on things you obviously have no idea about.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    So why should the clubs working hard out there engaging with their supporters and juniors and local businesses support the laggers? This sounds like some sort of communist utopia. So magic have 300 supporters at a game, lakes have 20 and we expect that the money magic raises from their supporters should fund lakes? Are you serious? So you and i work together and you work for 10 hours, and I just can't be bothered and work for 2 hours, at what stage would it be fair for us to both get paid for 10 hours work? Two cafes side by side, cafe 1 opens at 6am and closes at 11pm, and cafe 2 from 12noon to to 2pm, cafe 1 has tasty fresh food and roasted coffee, cafe 2 frozen pies and nescafe from a tin, now do i need to go on with this anymore? Initiative and hard work should be rewarded. Too many dole bludging clubs. And the big thing is promotion and relegation, this is the system that sorts out the clubs, not to mention the supporters that you will or won't attract. Does not add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I agree with both sides.

On one hand, Magic have the best facility in the league. I'm sure nobody would argue with that. I can see why they get the Jets Youth and W-League fixtures.
    But then you have to ask why they have such good facilities? Funds, hard working committee and their reputation/ability to gain sponsors.

All clubs have a hard working committee. There's no disputing that. With adequate funds, all clubs would be able to improve their facilities. I agree it is a waste to not use the facility, but at this stage, the rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer. Would like to see it at a neutral ground, or gate takings split in some way with the opposition teams.
    What makes a club rich? Is it money? OR is it had work and and a big supporter base? You see no club is rich, we have hard working clubs with committees that connect with their supporters and businesses, and we have clubs that do nothing. Sure all committees work hard but working hard for one club may be drastically different measure for another. Is working hard turning up to meetings and games, or is working hard turning up to meetings and games, and then with every minute you have off your normal job spending it at your ground building grandstands and pathways and mowing and whatever else you do.
    easy
    I agree for the GF the Northern gate takings should be split by supporters home club, so if your a Weston fan and Jaffas and Jets are in the GF then you should be able to nominate Weston to get your entry proceeds. Easy. That way the clubs who really support these events will get a return.

Quote Originally Posted by terryk View Post
    This person totally 100% misses my point,