Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 State Cup

Here is an easy way to solve it.

All gate takings, food and beer sales are split.
    Both clubs provide people to work in canteen / BBQ / Beer tent.

No bias shown.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    This person totally 100% misses my point,
    What is your point? He has covered pretty much everything! What do you honestly think the reason is the Magic have successfully hosted grand finals?
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    Here is an easy way to solve it.

All gate takings, food and beer sales are split.
    Both clubs provide people to work in canteen / BBQ / Beer tent.

No bias shown.
    There is no resolving jealosy, thats all forever is against magic..
    its all the same garbage from his mouth each year.

Did you know that forever played the famous ONE EYED WILLIE from the movie GOONIES
    Last edited by cobra23; 25-06-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by terryk View Post
    So why should the clubs working hard out there engaging with their supporters and juniors and local businesses support the laggers? This sounds like some sort of communist utopia. So magic have 300 supporters at a game, lakes have 20 and we expect that the money magic raises from their supporters should fund lakes? Are you serious? So you and i work together and you work for 10 hours, and I just can't be bothered and work for 2 hours, at what stage would it be fair for us to both get paid for 10 hours work? Two cafes side by side, cafe 1 opens at 6am and closes at 11pm, and cafe 2 from 12noon to to 2pm, cafe 1 has tasty fresh food and roasted coffee, cafe 2 frozen pies and nescafe from a tin, now do i need to go on with this anymore? Initiative and hard work should be rewarded. Too many dole bludging clubs. And the big thing is promotion and relegation, this is the system that sorts out the clubs, not to mention the supporters that you will or won't attract. Does not add up.
    Wake up, I'm not saying that gate takings from every game should be pooled together, but the grand final definitely should, and potentially all finals as well, like the FFA does with the A-League. This will remove any bitching about Edgy or Magic getting to host the GF. Would also help some clubs to improve their grounds (such as hiring FR's drainage experts). How do you know other clubs aren't trying equally as hard to improve their grounds, but the sponsors can't afford to sponsor them as much as some of the other clubs. Especially if you look at how close Olympic and Adamstown are, and a bit further apart, Magic and Jaffas as well. Assuming that everyone who isn't involved with Magic or Edgy are dole-bludgers, because their ground isn't up to their standard is frankly ridiculous. How about you name the so called "dole bludging clubs", rather than being all vague? Actually back up your comments with facts.

Howardyou makes a good point, although I would suggest that any operational costs be taken out of the earnings, and the profits then split between the two clubs.

lukee_f
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Magic rigged draw again

Quote Originally Posted by ZONE LEAGUE ALL STAR View Post
    Magic rigged draw again
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

gunners are road tripping to melbourne, woo hoo

gunners are road tripping to melbourne, woo hoo
    FFA favouring Magic too FR.. Something fishy going on hey

Quote Originally Posted by lukee_f View Post
    FFA favouring Magic too FR.. Something fishy going on hey
    I know, the buggers, happy for a free trip to Melbourne though.

South Cardiff representing NNSW football, deary me...wish the NBN teams tried a bit harder in this comp...

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    South Cardiff representing NNSW football, deary me...wish the NBN teams tried a bit harder in this comp...
    I wish tossers like you didn't have the platform to voice their opinions at times but that's life I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

They tried hard but weren't good enough

They tried hard but weren't good enough
    I think we all know thats not the case...

The problem is some clubs find it a bit of a burden to actually play in it. With majority of teams having small playing rosters in terms of quality. Fatigue and injuries are not particularly worth it.

And of course you could say they should not simply enter. But how would that look to northern if a NPL team didnt enter? NNSW wouldn't be doing them any favors.

Southy deserve to be there because they have the results in the cup to back it up. Are they the best team in NNSW well the ladder would suggest not at this stage. But look at the FA Cup wigan last year and Hull this year. Do you think the FA are saying F!@# me Hull City representing english football? C'mon.

I think now that the FFA Cup is up and running, which I think will be a success. It should be enough to make all local clubs want to get there. For some clubs, reaching the FFA Cup and winning the State Cup will be a more realistic achievement rather than winning the league.

Schedule for the FFA round 32 released. Magic are hosting the first televised game of the competition. Excellent news imo.

http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/f...-1226972716069

There having live crosses to the gunners fixture in Melbourne also, it's a win win for novacastrian football lovers

John, your comments above reveal quite clearly how very little you know about football. South Cardiff's qualification into the FFA Cup is well deserved.

I was of the opinion, that since magic and southy made the final/FFA cup they deserve it? Why don't they deserve to be there? Did they not win their respective games? So other teams that rested players, played their 23s or genuinely didn't care for it deserve it more? Interesting.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    can we use this thread for the State Cup, of which there is still the small matter of the final, and take the FFA Cup talk to that thread?

I realise the two are related but we have an opportunity to mix local discussion in with national so we should make the most of it