Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zane out

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Anyone else think that Bridgy as assistant coach is a master stroke to get him where he can do the most good for the team, but still have him available if needed?
    Nah, not really.

Anyone else think that Bridgy as assistant coach is a master stroke to get him where he can do the most good for the team, but still have him available if needed?
    he is never needed to play again

Banned

If it means the bloke never sets foot on the field with his playing kit again in the HAL then it is a ****ing masterstroke

Zane, you get Griff cleared you jerk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Mate I've actually had big issues with plastic pool toys they can get wrecked quite easily. Best to get ones that are solid, like the beanbag seat for pools.

Sup guys

bit harsh look at the.... I'm reluctant to call them footballer's.... he has at his disposal
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Why didn't bridges just shoot ffs

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Wrong thread sure it was Zane's fault but

Zane's first game and he plays our captain our of position, plus our only option seemed to be lump it to Heskey.

Must do better next week.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Interim coach maybe the highest point?

Clayton Zane in Jets Insider this week
    send your anti-Bridges questions using #JetsInsider on twitter or email it to media@newcastlejets.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Clayton Zane in Jets Insider this week
    send your anti-Bridges questions using #JetsInsider on twitter or email it to media@newcastlejets.com.au
    This is just getting more and more childish...

Olivia Hall asks via email: What has been the biggest adjustment you’ve tried to make to the team since taking over as head coach?

CZ: I watched the pre-season unfold and we don’t want to veer away from the work that was done there and start completely from scratch.

We’re just looking to simplify roles and make sure that defensively, the structure is as good as it can be to keep our goal in tact, because I feel we’re a team that will always threaten with the people we have in the front third.

@Ben_Robbo10 asks via Twitter: Hi Clayton, how will Joel Griffiths fit into the line up tactically?

CZ: Joel is a fairly versatile player who can fit in just about anywhere in the front third, but I see him leading the line in tandem with the likes of (Emile) Heskey and (Adam) Taggart.

We’ll have a number 9 and a number 10 and it will be up to those players to develop their chemistry and learn to play off each other.

Ryan Parker asks via email: What has been the most difficult thing for you to get used to in the past few weeks?

CZ: Adjusting to all the extra elements of the job has taken a little bit of getting used to, because there are a lot of extra responsibilities that come with being the head coach of the A-League side as opposed to National Youth League.

Things like dealing with media, community engagement, getting more involved with set-pieces and video analysis, liaising with the medical staff, having more dialogue with each individual player on a day-to-day basis and just generally making sure each area is running smoothly.

They’re all areas that I’ve had to get my head around in a short space of time, but I feel like I’m steadily coming to grips with those elements of the role.

Mitchell Green asks via email: How do you think the additions of Nick Ward, Joel Griffiths and David Carney will help us towards the back end of the season?

CZ: I think all three of them come to the Club with good pedigree. They’ve played at good Clubs and they’ve had good experiences in different leagues overseas.

I think they’ll improve the standards in the training environment, help people within the group in their individual roles.

You can see that all three of them are very good players, so during the back end of the season they going to be very important for us.

Each game left now has a finals-like importance to it and that’s where you need players with big-game experience and all three of those guys tick that box

@lquiquer asks via Twitter: Why was Connor Chapman left out of the squad last week after playing (and captaining) the Australian U-22 side?

CZ: I’ve been quite happy with the team defensively and although we copped a few goals against the Central Coast I don’t necessarily feel it was through individual errors.

Also, I think it’s important when you come in to show a little bit of faith with the players that you trust for that first game and give them a chance to rectify things.

For the majority of the time, Taylor (Regan) and Kew (Jaliens) have been quite consistent.

It’s a shame that Connor’s season has been broken up by his national team commitments, but the challenge now is for him to try and work his way back into contention so he’s ready to take the chance when it comes.

@soccer_joel asks via Twitter: What are your coaching ambitions?

CZ: I haven’t really thought much beyond this 12-week period. For me now, the job is to make the top six and we’ve got 10 games left to do that.

I prefer to focus on each match as it comes and beyond that, the Club hierarchy will decide which direction they’re looking to take once the season is finished, but I’d like to think this won’t be my first and only chance of being a head coach.

Jared Undery asks via email: One thing that has really been troubling me to understand with what has been going on at the Jets in recent years is the lack of opportunities provided to young Kale Bradbery. Considering his obvious ability at finishing chances and what can only be described as issues with goal scoring in the HAL side why has he had no opportunity?

CZ: Kale has proven he’s a very good goal scorer at National Youth League level, but in recent seasons one of the biggest changes in Australian football has been the gulf between the NYL and A-League.

Having worked as a youth coach and now with the A-League squad, I see the difference in quality between the two on a daily basis and I know it isn’t an easy step to make.

Kale has been brought in numerous times to train with the first team and that’s helped his development a lot.

As a Club, we’re working as hard as we can to make sure the better youth players have the best chance possible to become A-League players, but you have to be careful not to break a player by bringing them in before they’re ready to make an impact.

Owen Fischer asks via email: What are the main things the team needs to focus on to make sure we get a finals spot?

CZ: The big thing is just focusing on one game at the time and that’s the way we’re going to approach it for the back end of the season.

Each game is a chance to climb up a rung on the ladder and we can’t get ahead of ourselves and say that any one match is more important than another.

Every point becomes so crucial at this point of the season and we’ve got to fight to get the maximum number of points out of each game we play to give us the best possible chance of finishing in the top six.

Brian Gould asks via email: As well as the Jets, which five other teams do you see making up the top six at the end of the season?

CZ: At the moment, you would have to say Brisbane Roar, Western Sydney Wanderers and Central Coast Mariners are all in a good position.

It’s so congested in the middle of the ladder that just about any team could fill those remaining spots, but if I had to pick two, I’d probably say Adelaide United and Sydney FC.
    here are the jets insider answers
    the members Kale question was answered

So Jaded Underwear is the member? Good one

More bullshit about Kale. He's 20 years old now, he won't be eligible for a youth contract next season. Now is as good a time as ever to give him a shot.
    Only alternative is to keep giving time to the guy who will retire in a couple of months time and has done virtually nothing for us for years.

Interesting that he confirms that Chapman has been officially dropped. For a time under Gary it seemed like he was guaranteed a spot no matter how well Reegz played.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Damn, my question about bridges wasn't answered

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    So Jaded Underwear is the member? Good one
    Yo My2BobsWorth, this is pretty bad, even by your standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Damn, my question about bridges wasn't answered
    mine was as well. it wasn't even that much of dig at Bridges

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Interesting that he confirms that Chapman has been officially dropped. For a time under Gary it seemed like he was guaranteed a spot no matter how well Reegz played.
    But then interesting than I think last week and Pretty sure the previous week Mitchell was on the bench ....

And Sunday either Mitchell and chapman in the squad.... I guess with Kanta out if we loose Kew or Regz then Galloway or pepper will have to slide in centre back position?