Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL 13/14 Rd16 - Central Coast v Newcastle Jets 25/1/14 k/off 730pm AEDST

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Is it just me or is it always raining around the time of coast away?
    Novocastria Youth

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchy View Post
    That's just Griffos way of making sure we don't catch a disease whilst visiting the Coast.

Everyone gets wet then can't catch Aids off Hutcho

There has got to only be 1 or 2 games in the last 4 seasons where it hasn't been raining. Good for the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Got a feeling Jets will win this by two goals.

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    There has got to only be 1 or 2 games in the last 4 seasons where it hasn't been raining. Good for the game.
    Zane to reinstate puddle if griff isn't cleared in time, either way jets win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Griff cleared yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Mate I've actually had big issues with plastic pool toys they can get wrecked quite easily. Best to get ones that are solid, like the beanbag seat for pools.

Is he cleared now?
    LORD GRIFF

Did Joel Griffiths get a clearance today?!?!

Joel Griffiths walks on water!! Shalalala
    Oh wHEn THE JeTS Go FLyINg In!

hope it flogs down

yeah but is he cleared yet?....Griff Griff Griff ...Griff is the word.....

The Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets have named an 18-man squad for Saturday’s F3 Derby clash with the Central Coast Mariners at Bluetongue Stadium.

Interim head coach Clayton Zane has included Olyroos representatives Josh Brillante, Andrew Hoole and Adam Taggart in the extended quad after the trio returned from AFC U-22 Championships in Oman overnight.

“Having them back gives us a little bit more in terms of our options,” Zane said.

“We just need to have a little look at them over today and tomorrow and see if they’re ready to become part of the match day squad.

“I’ll look at each individual and what I’m trying to do from a tactical point of view and there’s definitely two or three of them I’ll look to include in the match day squad.

“The good thing is, we have someone like Nick Ward who made a very good claim to be part of the starting XI this week, so it gives us a little bit of choice.”

New signing Joel Griffiths was not included in the extended squad as he awaits his International Transfer Clearance from Chinese Club Qingdao Jonoon

However, Zane did not rule out the possibility of using Griffiths against the Mariners should he be cleared to play in the next 48 hours.

“Hopefully we have all that sorted sooner rather than later,” Zane said.

“We’ll see tomorrow whether it’s been settled yet. At the moment it’s 50-50 whether we include him in the match day squad.

“I think he’s ready for limited match time, but probably not to start.

“The impressive thing for me today was seeing Joel hitting the back of the net. He’s still got a knack for that and his finishing was very good in the tactical work we did.”

Defensive midfielder Ben Kantarovski misses the match through suspension after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season against Melbourne Heart last weekend.

Zane indicated Michael Bridges will once again be used to provide an attacking spark as an impact player off the bench.

“Bridgey will start on the bench this week and we’ve had a good talk with him about trying to manage his role,” Zane said.

“There’s certain games he will be suited to but we can’t look too far ahead to know who is going to be involved on a week-to-week basis because of suspension and injuries.

“At the same time, he’s also let me know that it’s a transition for him from player to coach as well, so there’s two sides to it and he’s going to develop a little bit in that regard as well.

“We’ll use him when we see fit off the bench and I’m not going to be pressured into using him.

“He’ll be the first to say if it’s not the right decision for that match or if the timing is not right for the substitution to be made.”

Newcastle Jets squad: 1. Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 3. Taylor REGAN, 4. Kew JALIENS, 6. Zenon CARAVELLA, 7. Andrew HOOLE, 8. Ruben ZADKOVICH (c), 9. Emile HESKEY, 11. Craig GOODWIN, 13. Joey GIBBS, 15. Josh BRILLANTE, 16. Jacob PEPPER, 17. James VIRGILI, 18. James BROWN, 19. Michael BRIDGES, 21. Sam GALLAWAY, 20. Ben KENNEDY (gk), 22. Adam TAGGART, 27. Nick WARD (two to be omitted).

Ins: 7. Andrew HOOLE (returns from international duty), 15. Josh BRILLANTE (returns from international duty), 22. Adam TAGGART (returns from international duty).

Outs: 5. Ben KANTAROVSKI (suspension).

Unavailable: 2. Scott NEVILLE (knee injury – long term) 25. Mitch COOPER (knee injury – long term), 29. Joel GRIFFITHS (awaiting International Transfer Clearance).
    No Griff but that might change

chappy??
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

the families want griff
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

why bother going

Surely Griff will be added to the squad if the clearance comes through.

Quote Originally Posted by pudy View Post
    Surely Griff will be added to the squad if the clearance comes through.
    that's what it said in the article

Banned
    What is the most ridiculous thing about Griffos lack of international clearance and the prospect that he may not get to play for us at all if it isn't resolved by Feb 5 or whatever the date is is that as Jets fans we are not really surprised that this happens at our club.

Matter of fact it is pretty much par for the ****ing course these type of events at jerks HQ. Maybe something we need to look at improving on cause I am pretty certain well ran clubs don't get these issues cropping up anywhere near the rate we do or better yet when they do they resolve them quickly not like we do where the thing drags on and we are the victim

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    that's what it said in the article
    I read it as he's 50-50 if cleared

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    What is the most ridiculous thing about Griffos lack of international clearance and the prospect that he may not get to play for us at all if it isn't resolved by Feb 5 or whatever the date is is that as Jets fans we are not really surprised that this happens at our club.

Matter of fact it is pretty much par for the ****ing course these type of events at jerks HQ. Maybe something we need to look at improving on cause I am pretty certain well ran clubs don't get these issues cropping up anywhere near the rate we do or better yet when they do they resolve them quickly not like we do where the thing drags on and we are the victim
    What?
    So you're saying that announcing a beloved players return, emailing members, printing shirts and selling tickets on the premise of said return, all before actually getting him cleared is a bad idea?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    What?
    So you're saying that announcing a beloved players return, emailing members, printing shirts and selling tickets on the premise of said return, all before actually getting him cleared is a bad idea?

No I am saying ****ing things up that should be standard practices for a well run football club seems to be a recurring theme that never ****ing goes away with us