Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets Youth withdraw from NBN

Jets Youth withdraw from NBN

Have had "confirmed" word that Jets Youth will be withdrawing from NBN this season, with Maitland from NEWFM to replace them (with no news on whether NEWFM will have a bye or a replacement). Anyone hearing similar?
    OK

Wow really what's hapoened

confirmed from where??

i just asked someone high in maitland they said not true ? but that still doesnt mean its not happing

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Have had "confirmed" word that Jets Youth will be withdrawing from NBN this season, with Maitland from NEWFM to replace them (with no news on whether NEWFM will have a bye or a replacement). Anyone hearing similar?
    Not sure if that can happen.I thought that it was a requirement of FFA that they had to be a part of the local State League.Wasnt that what all the fuss was about when the clubs were told that a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    not sure if that can happen.i thought that it was a requirement of ffa that they had to be a part of the local state league.wasnt that what all the fuss was about when the clubs were told that a few years ago.
    deans out !!!

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    nice use of "confirmed"

Deans "confirmed" out

Banned
    Umm Didn't Middleby tell GVE to apply for the gig as Emerging Jets head on honcho after firing his arse yesterday??
    Be a bit stupid employing GVE as the head of emerging Jets if they have no one to play.

Who will the emerging Jets be playing if they ain't playing in this comp??
    Maybe they are off to the NSWPL???

If this is about money I find this hard to believe they don't pay the kids anyway and get a handout from the FFA for the Emerging Jets program

I am confused??

How reliable is the source West Lakes Gypo??
    Can you divulge any more info about what qualifies them for what they "KNOW"???

I would be amazed if jets pull the pin on state league as they get great benefit of this for many reasons and scales from experience of competitive football for the youngsters to valuable game time for experienced players coming back from injuries etc.

I also doubt it is a money issue as it can't cost jets much to take part ?

Also regarding replacement IF this is true I would be surprised to see Maitland promoted ? Do they meet ALL criteria set out ?

Either valo back up or NBN run with 9 team comp again in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Umm Didn't Middleby tell GVE to apply for the gig as Emerging Jets head on honcho after firing his arse yesterday??
    Be a bit stupid employing GVE as the head of emerging Jets if they have no one to play.

Who will the emerging Jets be playing if they ain't playing in this comp??
    Maybe they are off to the NSWPL???

If this is about money I find this hard to believe they don't pay the kids anyway and get a handout from the FFA for the Emerging Jets program

I am confused??

How reliable is the source West Lakes Gypo??
    Can you divulge any more info about what qualifies them for what they "KNOW"???
    If it is true this is how it may have played out.

Palmer is really pushing GVE's barrow re the Emerging Jets Technical Director role at the moment. However, the other 2 stakeholders involved in the appointment (ie NNSW Football and FFA) do not want him. And that's a fact.

When Palmer and his crew don't get their way they are known for pretty big dummy spits. Ie - well if who we think should get the job doesn't get it then we are taking our bat and ball and @#$%'ing off.

A bit like that 'handing back the A League license' thing a while back.

Could be wrong though

Either scoop of the year or hook, line and sinker of the year......well in
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

As previously stated in other places, the current NYL squad are at the start of a 2-3 year process. So all is good I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    If it is true this is how it may have played out.

Palmer is really pushing GVE's barrow re the Emerging Jets Technical Director role at the moment. However, the other 2 stakeholders involved in the appointment (ie NNSW Football and FFA) do not want him. And that's a fact.
    How did you come to that conclusion?

Legally this can't happen, measures were put in place to stop this from happening

Pv4 is full of shit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Legally this can't happen, measures were put in place to stop this from happening
    Care to expand on this FR???

Also "legally this can't happen" is a bit of a silly statement. If there were legal precautions put in place to protect against this it just means the repercussions of pulling out are going to be higher. Doesn't mean it's not possible.

I wrote it as "confirmed" because the source(s) I heard it from told me it was confirmed. You will then see I asked if anyone had heard similar, to confirm it or not.

As for legal issues, NPL criteria, all that stuff - I don't know. Everything I know is in the OP. I personally hope it doesn't happen as I love the opportunity it gives the Jets club in general, but I'm just saying what I've been told.

If it doesn't happen, or was never in plans to happen, I'm not so much full of shit as opposed to my sources were just misinformed.
    OK

Banned
    I wrote it as "confirmed" because the source(s) I heard it from told me it was confirmed. You will then see I asked if anyone had heard similar, to confirm it or not.

As for legal issues, NPL criteria, all that stuff - I don't know. Everything I know is in the OP. I personally hope it doesn't happen as I love the opportunity it gives the Jets club in general, but I'm just saying what I've been told.

If it doesn't happen, or was never in plans to happen, I'm not so much full of shit as opposed to my sources were just misinformed.
    Great Copout in case your rumour goes Pear shape

Well in WLG

Solid back-tracking

:P