Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets Formation

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The bloke may offer great pressuring ability and good engines in midfield but his creativity shooting are at times shitful and he is also not the greatest at holding position as he tends to follow the ball far too much. Bloke has been in CM for us for what 4 years now and we continue to struggle on the ladder. Maybe him there is a problem that needs to be resolved and we need to find someone better???
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Was Zane in charge (or have something to do with) Plattsy a few years ago??
    Yep. He always said as a pro that he'd come back & play @ Plattsy, his junior club, once he was finished his pro career. He played at least a season, maybe two there. Not sure if he was player-coach or just playing.

While he was playing there though, he was running junior clinics & whatnot until he got involved with the Jerks.
    OK

Generally speaking I wouldn't piss on Mitchell if he was on fire. Unfortunately we have a dearth of options on the left side Goodwin Sammy Peppz and Mitchell. Mitchell is equally adapt as a LB as he is as a Centre Half. Ideally my best candidate for Left back is Goodwin problem is that without Burns anymore Goody is all the best candidate for Left Mid Brown has been discounted as an option until he finds some degree of form.

I would ideally prefer we had Goody in the left mid role until a suitable left sided player was found to allow him to move back to Left back. Unfortunately I can't put Goody at LB and LM so I have chosen the spot for him I feel we would get best value out of.

Mitchell is only chosen as he is the best of a bad bunch for the LB role not because I view him as a talent.

As for Zads playing Right back. The bloke has played this position plenty before and it isn't new to him. He was probably our best player at the Beijing Olympics playing RB and was one of the few blokes who enhanced his rep there. To say he was garbage at RB last week is absurd. We were ****ing garbage all game as a whole. First half we were at our worse. Second Half the performance was marginally better. Watch the replay if you dare we rarely got hammered down that side when Zads got moved back and he also made efforts to get forward admittedly **** all came of it but wasn't through want of effort. Zads may not have had a great game but to judge him on half a game is a joke. Fully believe left in this role the bloke will flourish big time

The bloke may offer great pressuring ability and good engines in midfield but his creativity shooting are at times shitful and he is also not the greatest at holding position as he tends to follow the ball far too much. Bloke has been in CM for us for what 4 years now and we continue to struggle on the ladder. Maybe him there is a problem that needs to be resolved and we need to find someone better???

Ideally I believe we would need squad strengthening to play this 4-4-2 at our optimum but I am only using the personnel choices available at present to InZane
    only problem MFKS, if you take out zads pressuring, winning second ball challenges and breaking down moves (zadkovich is probably the best in the league for this maybe 2nd to milligan) who fills that role? On Friday night, in the second half when heart won the ball no one was there to win it back, ward and caravella were happy to sit back and let them come at them. brillante i think maybe could do the job but not to the standard of zadkovich and i would prefer if kanta just screened in front of the back four as i think going forward he doesn't offer much.

goodwin is f**ked up the field, he lacks confidence and has lost his ability to beat a player. play him at lb and let him choose his moments and take the pressure of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Mitchell is barely a CB and you want to put him in LB?
    Zads was garbage and wasted last weekend at RB and you think this is a long term option for him?

You bitch relentlessly that Peppz and Gallaway arent fullbacks, and you want to get them out and - replace them with two other blokes who arent fullbacks.
    Genius.

If you are going to convert someone to a fullback, it should be a wide attacking player because if they are suspect defensively, at least that kind of player will be quicker to recover if they get beaten by an attacker.
    Hoole is perfect where he is, shift Regz to RB because he wont be caught out defensively. Play Chappers and Huge Aliens in middle and Goodwun at LB. Brilliante and Kanta to take turns at screening the back four, making sure that one of them drops in when a fullback attacks. Use Zads box to box. Play Hoole and Griff behind Hesk/Taggz.

Simples.
    Can't ageee with you more.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    only problem MFKS, if you take out zads pressuring, winning second ball challenges and breaking down moves (zadkovich is probably the best in the league for this maybe 2nd to milligan) who fills that role? On Friday night, in the second half when heart won the ball no one was there to win it back, ward and caravella were happy to sit back and let them come at them. brillante i think maybe could do the job but not to the standard of zadkovich and i would prefer if kanta just screened in front of the back four as i think going forward he doesn't offer much.

goodwin is f**ked up the field, he lacks confidence and has lost his ability to beat a player. play him at lb and let him choose his moments and take the pressure of him.
    Losing Zads pressurisng abilities from midfield is one drawback of getting him out of there. I ain't looking at it as a loss. We don't play a really good counter attacking game anyway. I look it as an opportunity to get the silky ball player in there that we want. If the back 4 holds their shape and Kanta screens well and we cut out pea brain mistakes at the back we will be defensively very good. With that we don't need the energy headless chook in midfield pressing Zads brings

Losing Zads pressurisng abilities from midfield is one drawback of getting him out of there. I ain't looking at it as a loss. We don't play a really good counter attacking game anyway. I look it as an opportunity to get the silky ball player in there that we want. If the back 4 holds their shape and Kanta screens well and we cut out pea brain mistakes at the back we will be defensively very good. With that we don't need the energy headless chook in midfield pressing Zads brings
    Agree. Zad was playing better under Branko...remember the marauding runs of his with that shot at the end...in row Z

Which "silky ball player"? The Jets haven't got one.

I agree zad to rb, he does ball watch and spends a lot of his time in a sprint trying to get back in position after the opposition has switched the play, some people confuse this with pressuring. He does manage to force a mistake or make a tackle a third of the time but I would rather someone like brillante there next to kanta who has very good positional sense and an underrated passing game. Zads good attributes make him more suited to the right flank IMO. I stress in my opinion. Our midfield needs to tighten up.

Banned
    Despite the result felt our 4-4-2 the other night was a positive. We actually created some chances in attack for a change and didn't look that bad defensively with it. Yes I know we let in 3 goals but those issues can be fixed. ie pressure opponents not let them shoot and to put a man on post for corner.

One thing that was noticeable though is that we seemed to be fitter than the Gypos. Most of them were really struggling at the back of the game. Our blokes did at least look fitter

Despite the result felt our 4-4-2 the other night was a positive. We actually created some chances in attack for a change and didn't look that bad defensively with it. Yes I know we let in 3 goals but those issues can be fixed. ie pressure opponents not let them shoot and to put a man on post for corner.

One thing that was noticeable though is that we seemed to be fitter than the Gypos. Most of them were really struggling at the back of the game. Our blokes did at least look fitter
    the centre mids acted like they didn't know what their role was

The 4-4-2 enabled us to press high well (Dortmund, Atletico also use it when pressing high)

Agreed we looked more dangerous with the 4-4-2. Defensively Kanta will sure us up give Beard a bit more freedom too, Zads needs to be RB, Hoole RM(Pepper just cant cut it at RB, Goody LB, Tagz LM, Griff returns with Heskey up top.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Agreed we looked more dangerous with the 4-4-2. Defensively Kanta will sure us up give Beard a bit more freedom too, Zads needs to be RB, Hoole RM(Pepper just cant cut it at RB, Goody LB, Tagz LM, Griff returns with Heskey up top.
    Thought Goodwin actually showed some promise the other night to be getting back towards the form we once seen from him. Not earth shatteringly brilliant but seemed more interested and enjoying his football more without the tyranny of GVE

Thought Goodwin actually showed some promise the other night to be getting back towards the form we once seen from him. Not earth shatteringly brilliant but seemed more interested and enjoying his football more without the tyranny of GVE
    So who plays LB, Chappy or Josh?
    Edit: was the only way I could see Tagz, Griff & Heskey starting.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    So who plays LB, Chappy or Josh?
    Edit: was the only way I could see Tagz, Griff & Heskey starting.
    Anyone other than Galloway or Pepper will do me. Wonder if Michael Bridges has played much left back....??

still can legit not believe that losing scott neville ( ) of all people has hurt us so bad

Heskey can get lost

Kanta will come back in for a straight swap with Caravella.
    A lot of focus is on our defence but our biggest concern is the front third where we've scored a couple of goals in the last 5 games or so.
    If Griffo is available I would play him at the point, Taggart on the right and Goodwin on the left.
    Hoole in his 45 minutes against Mariners showed that he can open up defences so why not play him in behind Joel in a more central role rather than out on the wing?
    Heskey has been more effective this season coming off the bench in the 2nd half in my opinion.
    Time to blood Bradbery and give him at least 20min off the bench....worth a try as no one else is scoring!

By all means, lets move our best centre midfielder to right back. FFS.

Zad needs to be in the middle. Brillante could play rb
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Zads is f**** shit, open your eyes people.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Zads is f**** shit, open your eyes people.
    Disagree his not shit, but his not a central mid either.
    I'M GULLIBLE!