Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any qualified engineers in here?

Sounds like the land equivalent of selling units off a plan.

Its most likely that they have DA approval but haven't registered with the LPI. Do you know if they went far enough to get a Subdivision Certificate off Council? I'd suggest contacting whichever the relevant Council is, talking to the duty planner and seeing what the status of the land is.

- What was approved;
    - When was it approved;
    - Has a subdivision certificate been issued;

Its possible that the subdivision is being registered in stages and the three lots left are the last stage (the lot numbers don't seem to suggest staging though), hence currently on the one title. Personally, I wouldn't buy until its registered so you are certain of the restrictions placed on the land and what the final dimensions are.

Thanks.

Happens that the surveyor who draw up the lots lives next to mum and dad. He's looking into it, reckons it's all above board.... And that they are pretty darn good blocks of land..... Looking like we might be buying and building! Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Sammydog, can you answer a question for me.

We've found a block of land we want to buy. Subdivision happened a few years ago "only a few blocks left" we are interested in lot21, 22 and 17 are also still for sale.

We asked for a contract, our conveyancer tells us the land isn't registered, and that currently lot21,22 and 17 are actually considered one title. the real estate agent tells us that registration and further subdivision will happen prior to settlement.
    is this normal? Our conveyancer reckons it's the dodgiest shit they've heard of for years.... We aren't signing a contract until we've seen proof that lot21 is the land we want, is registered and is not attached to 22 or 17.

Is this in your field or should I call the cops!
    Never trust a land agent Gaz. I deal with this shit everyday and somehow even got stung myself.

Always take the time to invest in having a solicitor/conveyancer and/or surveyor advise you before committing to a block. I highly advise you get your own contours and soil report prior to purchase also. The developer supplied contours we received were incredibly lenient compared to our actual contours report from the surveyor...approx 500mm diagonal fall off among other misrepresentations! Land agent also advised of M class soil, when our report came in at H1. You're looking potentially at $1,500 - $3,500 just in the altered slab design there.

On another note, let me know when you do purchase a block. I might know a quality builder that will happily provide you a quote...
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Mate I've actually had big issues with plastic pool toys they can get wrecked quite easily. Best to get ones that are solid, like the beanbag seat for pools.

Also, getting back to my question...anyone here a structural engineer or have similar quals to do some simple engineering plans for me?

If not, then Griff hates you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Mate I've actually had big issues with plastic pool toys they can get wrecked quite easily. Best to get ones that are solid, like the beanbag seat for pools.

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
    Never trust a land agent Gaz. I deal with this shit everyday and somehow even got stung myself.

Always take the time to invest in having a solicitor/conveyancer and/or surveyor advise you before committing to a block. I highly advise you get your own contours and soil report prior to purchase also. The developer supplied contours we received were incredibly lenient compared to our actual contours report from the surveyor...approx 500mm diagonal fall off among other misrepresentations! Land agent also advised of M class soil, when our report came in at H1. You're looking potentially at $1,500 - $3,500 just in the altered slab design there.

On another note, let me know when you do purchase a block. I might know a quality builder that will happily provide you a quote...
    Thanks for the advice.
    We've spoken to the surveyor who cut up the subdivision, he is a neighbour I gre up next and still lives next to my folks....had Christmas dinner with him, no worries about his info, he's actually got us more info o. The block than anyone else.... We've spoken to builders who have built on either side of our block and they also speak very highly of the land.

But back to sanch's question.....

Anyone in here a structural engineer?