Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I want Bridges to have my child

I want Bridges to have my child

Enough with the anti-bridges crap. Time to balance it all out. The guys a legend, full of class and carries himself.

Should be captain/coach IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    The guys a legend
    Where?

Also he was captain time and scored a top goal.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Great thread, lets discuss his goal this season and all his awesome assists

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Yeah and let's talk about all that play time he's had too...wait hang on, we don't want this to turn into a fair and reasonable discussion do we?

True, lets just discuss all his other goodness. All hail! I'd much rather Bridgey AKA "the game changer" coming off the bench then some young player with a future, he just changes the game so much and creates so many opportunities. Dead set I'm getting a semi thinking about his contributions. Bridges 4 LyFe

Banned
    True, lets just discuss all his other goodness. All hail! I'd much rather Bridgey AKA "the game changer" coming off the bench then some young player with a future, he just changes the game so much and creates so many opportunities. Dead set I'm getting a semi thinking about his contributions. Bridges 4 LyFe
    Bloke has as much talent as Gallaway and is of as much use to us as Gallaway.

why limit it to just this season let look at his entire illustrious jets career, banging in this goals and not to mention all those creative assists he's been laying on a platter regularly.

he's played 61 games for Newcastle with 33 starts for a total of approx 2900 minutes of game time for 11 goals.
    his first season 2009 he scored 6 goals in 17 games all starts, since then 5 goals in the 4 seasons since, for a tidy 1.25 goals a SEASON.
    of the games he's played for us we have won 18 games from 61.
    since bridges signed with us in 2009 we have only won one derby he has played in it was his third game with us in 2009.
    bridges has only scored once in a derby in his nearly 5 seasons with Newcastle.

what's even more telling is when you start looking at other strikers who have played a similar amount of games for the club.
    68 games for 31 goal's
    4 derby wins
    5 derby goals
    I know which player I'd rather have at the club.
    Last edited by Pico; 29-01-2014 at 01:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

the games just didn't lend to him taking over

How about Goodwin's season? Or Virgilli's? Or Brown's?

Bridges isn't crappier than any other player we have.

Bridges > Brown.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Good to see we have such high standards here in Newcastle, you don't have to be good or even better then youth league graduates filling squad spots to demand more game time here.

Re-sign the bloke for 5 years.
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    of the games he's played for us we have won 18 games from 61.
    Im not a Bridges fan, but surely that stat is pretty close to the same with bridges not playing, since he has been at the club?
    Jeterpool?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

As a genuine question - can anyone who actually subscribes to this thread give us a list of the on-field positives you see Bridges adding to the team? And if possible, use examples from 2 seasons ago, last season & this season?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    As a genuine question - can anyone who actually subscribes to this thread give us a list of the on-field positives you see Bridges adding to the team? And if possible, use examples from 2 seasons ago, last season & this season?
    Experience
    I struggle to think of much else

Tread warily....he won't be our next coach....he'll be our next CEO.

Lol I love how bridges fans argument is "yeah but others are shitter". Atleast brown has room for improvement, I mean for Griffs sake the bloke improved a bit in one week

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Tread warily....he won't be our next coach....he'll be our next CEO.
    Let's hope he's able to retain players better than he does possession
    OK

Lol I love how bridges fans argument is "yeah but others are shitter". Atleast brown has room for improvement, I mean for Griffs sake the bloke improved a bit in one week
    I don't care about young players getting a go. That's what youth/acadamies and closed door friendlies are for.

I want our best on the park. Yeah sure give a young promising player 10-15 minutes here or there. But to start them week in week out like has been the case under that muppet GVE yeah **** that.

Taggart scored a hatrick. What's he done since? **** all. What did he do before that? **** all really.

Browns a joke

Hoole? Promising player. Done alright last week and was used like a young kid should be used.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Im not a Bridges fan, but surely that stat is pretty close to the same with bridges not playing, since he has been at the club?
    Jeterpool?

Interesting I had a quick look, and these are only rough figures as I would need to add in the extra games from finals games & pre-season as the bridges figures take in all matches he has played in where as the following is only based off the regular season matches for the seasons preceding bridges arrival it does not include the games he did not take part in after his 2009 arrival.

Prior to bridges arrival we had played 84 regular season matches (as i said excludes the finals and pre season cup matches) for 30 victories, with a win to games ratio of 35.7%

Since bridges signed he's played 61 games and of those games he's played in we have won 18 for a win ratio of 29.5%.

So since his arrival our win ratio has receded by approx. 6.2%.

It should be noted that the 35.7% takes into account the wooden spoon season where con sold our championship team, prior to that season it was sitting at 63 games 26 wins for a win ratio of 41.3%.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    bridges does seem like a top bloke, though. loves newy.

that's got to count for something.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week