Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I want Bridges to have my child

There's no stat for gumption, nous or cunning.

Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    I don't care about young players getting a go. That's what youth/acadamies and closed door friendlies are for.

I want our best on the park. Yeah sure give a young promising player 10-15 minutes here or there. But to start them week in week out like has been the case under that muppet GVE yeah **** that.

Taggart scored a hatrick. What's he done since? **** all. What did he do before that? **** all really.

Browns a joke

Hoole? Promising player. Done alright last week and was used like a young kid should be used.
    I don't care about old players getting a go. That's what charity matches and closed door friendlies are for.

I want our best on the park. Yeah sure give a old famous player 10-15 minutes here or there. But to start them week in week out like has been the case under every muppet yeah **** that.

Bridges did not score a hatrick. What's he done since? **** all. What did he do before that? **** all really. Unlike Taggart who is our top scorer.

Brown was a promising player

Hoole? Starting player. Done alright last week and was used like a returning starter should be used.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    bridges does seem like a top bloke, though. loves newy.

that's got to count for something.
    proof?

Personally I don't understand the vitriol for Bridges.

It should be the coaching staff and management that you're raging at, they pick the squad. It should be their head on the line if you're not happy with the players being picked.

This hatred of our own players is ****ing disgusting in my opinion and this forum is rife with it.

The circle jerking that goes on here making it fashionable to hang shit on players in our own squad and praise others that have really not done anything is shit house. I'm all for fun and games but it can get very, very tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    Personally I don't understand the vitriol for Bridges.

It should be the coaching staff and management that you're raging at, they pick the squad. It should be their head on the line if you're not happy with the players being picked.

This hatred of our own players is ****ing disgusting in my opinion and this forum is rife with it.

The circle jerking that goes on here making it fashionable to hang shit on players in our own squad and praise others that have really not done anything is shit house. I'm all for fun and games but it can get very, very tiring.
    This.

I hate all the players.

They train 2 hours a day. 4 days a week. Spend the rest of the time buming around and then can't perform for 2 hours on the ****ing weekend.

**** them. Lazy kvnts need to learn to work.

The pain of seeing players not put in and looking like they don't care is horrible, and yeah it's easy to be pissed off at them for it.

But this still has to come back to the coaching staff as well.

Also, to say that Bridges doesn't work or care about winning / the club when he comes on is bs. You can see he is trying to make things happen when he comes on (most of the time he's trying to do too much imo).

I actually don't believe he should be starting or even in the squad, but I don't hold it against him.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    I don't care about young players getting a go. That's what youth/acadamies and closed door friendlies are for.

I want our best on the park. Yeah sure give a young promising player 10-15 minutes here or there. But to start them week in week out like has been the case under that muppet GVE yeah **** that.

Taggart scored a hatrick. What's he done since? **** all. What did he do before that? **** all really.

Browns a joke

Hoole? Promising player. Done alright last week and was used like a young kid should be used.

I agree completely best 11 should be on the park. Bridges isnt one of them. Here you are complaining about Taggart however brief atleast he has contributed something and has the potential to do so again. Bridges has contributed zero and looks to continue that trend, or due to his age get, if possible, worse and contribute less hen zero.... Maybe score an og or something would do it.

The problem is instead of, as you say, giving a young bloke 10-15 minutes we are giving this old bloke who contributes nothing a run. Surely by your own logic this is stupid?

Does seem like a good bloke but.

is this the only footy forum you blokes have ever read btw?

i'm sure there's many more brain meltdowns and much more mindless vitriol on an indian manchester united forum right now, just sayin

Browns a joke

This.

And on Taggart, he seems to be suffering from Brockie Syndrome - goes good for a few weeks, get an improved contract then do sfa.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    I actually don't believe he should be starting or even in the squad, but I don't hold it against him.
    When GVE was in charge I held it against GVE for him being in the squad. Now that he is no longer with us I am holding it against our Assistant Coach. InZane is in a shit of a position having an Assistant who is a player in the squad. Anytime Bridges comes on he has to contribute or the knives are out.

It is absolutely ridiculous the blatant conflict of interest Bridges has in any form of squad selection whilst he is still a playing member of the squad. Considering his talents aren't worthy enough of being a MUST PICK as far as I am concerned any criticism for his performance is more than valid.

After all he took on the role. So he must deal with it.

I am highly concerned that team selections/ substitutions are compromised by the assistant manager looking after what is best for the assistant managers playing career not necessarily the clubs best interests

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    This.

And on Taggart, he seems to be suffering from Brockie Syndrome - goes good for a few weeks, get an improved contract then do sfa.
    Atleast he's not suffering from Bridges syndrome. Being our leading goal scorer and having influenced games to earn us the only points we have is terrible. Taggart out

Yay!! Good to see theres a positive Bridgy thread! I get judged alot for loving Micky, but hs such a gorgeous person, hes so passionate about his team and his fans, amd absolutely loves Newcastle! The young kids on the field could learn alot from him!

I wouldn't trust bridges with my child. I think pv4 can give us the stats but he'd lose the kid 70% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yay!! Good to see theres a positive Bridgy thread! I get judged alot for loving Micky, but hs such a gorgeous person, hes so passionate about his team and his fans, amd absolutely loves Newcastle! The young kids on the field could learn alot from him!
    that's all well and good but if I want to build an extension to my house I don't go and get someone who loves the suburb I live in or likes all my neighbours, I go and find a builder with a solid track record in getting the job done. enough of employing nice blokes and more hiring footballers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

I wouldn't trust bridges with my child. I think pv4 can give us the stats but he'd lose the kid 70% of the time.

Geez Grim it'd be lost for 4-6 weeks and then you'd find it held up in the corner.

So can all the Bridgy haters go back to ur Bridgy hating thread? Kthanksbai

no mention of the great accent.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    no mention of the great accent.
    Hahaha you cant understand a word he says half the time!! I do like that when he forgets my name, it's "luv"

5 star post sir.
    Brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG