Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I want Bridges to have my child

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    So can all the Bridgy haters go back to ur Bridgy hating thread? Kthanksbai
    This thread should not have existed in the first place as the debate should have occurred in the other thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I wouldn't trust bridges with my child. I think pv4 can give us the stats but he'd lose the kid 70% of the time.
    Hahaha, post of the week
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Hahaha, post of the week
    Nah Yours with the Kale Fapfest Meter reaching Crotch Levels for mine

Oh Member

We're gonna do this mate, what's the bet that Kale will make his debut within a few weeks?
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Use of the word "Vitriol"...havent used this since my days in the lab...well in!
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    When GVE was in charge I held it against GVE for him being in the squad. Now that he is no longer with us I am holding it against our Assistant Coach. InZane is in a shit of a position having an Assistant who is a player in the squad. Anytime Bridges comes on he has to contribute or the knives are out.

It is absolutely ridiculous the blatant conflict of interest Bridges has in any form of squad selection whilst he is still a playing member of the squad. Considering his talents aren't worthy enough of being a MUST PICK as far as I am concerned any criticism for his performance is more than valid.

After all he took on the role. So he must deal with it.

I am highly concerned that team selections/ substitutions are compromised by the assistant manager looking after what is best for the assistant managers playing career not necessarily the clubs best interests
    Now this I do understand, his appointment as Assistant is a massive conflict of interest, especially considering his already divided selection as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I hate all the players.

They train 2 hours a day. 4 days a week. Spend the rest of the time buming around and then can't perform for 2 hours on the ****ing weekend.

**** them. Lazy kvnts need to learn to work.
    This.

Probably not the correct thread for this rant, but anyway. You know what I hate. I hate when you hear a quote from one of these 2 hour a day players who say "Del Piero is such a professional, he's the last player to leave training everyday and is still practicing his free kicks long after everyone else has left". They've all probably gone to their favourite café.

That quote came to my mind when I saw Bridges, Caravella and a couple of other players engaged in leisurely conversation in a Beaumont St Café at lunchtime the week before the derby.

The survival of the A-League is dependent on Foxtel money more than anything. Foxtel is bankrolling these guys salaries and while viewing numbers and crowd levels are okay, it may not always be this way. They have been given a platform from which to take the game forward and it seems to me that they aren't doing enough to take advantage of the "full time professional" status they have been given. How the hell did Viduka develop the sublime skills he had at a semi-professional Melbourne Croatia? Craig Johnston was an average youth player who painted a goal in the carpark of his club and practiced constantly till he could consistently score goals.

Just shits me, all this interplay build up which then results in a poorly directed, weak and insipid strike on goal. What are these guys doing with the time they have been gifted as a professional football player?
    Last edited by hausmann; 30-01-2014 at 12:01 PM.

I'm with you hauss & Blackmac.

I get the chance to watch the team train at uni every now and then. The only player I've ever seen hang back after everyone is Craig Goodwin - usually to practice freekicks for an hour or two. Which Deans & GVE were not happy about at the time.

The problem is the game is so dictated by sports science nowadays, so while the Craig Johnston's etc of this time want to continue being on the park having a kick, you've got some uni graduate telling them to get in the shade and hydrate for 3 hours.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I get the chance to watch the team train at uni every now and then. The only player I've ever seen hang back after everyone is Craig Goodwin - usually to practice freekicks for an hour or two. Which Deans & GVE were not happy about at the time.
    Are you serious?! Far out!! That's ridiculous.

Clearly not a subscriber to the theories in Bounce!

Banned
    One of the main reasons our players struggle when they leave Australia at present for overseas moves.

First issue is they can't cope with the increased training. Players are quick to moan about the extra training they do in Europe

Seriously I find it a joke these blokes ain't in first thing in the morning for 2 hour session then they go off and do some club promotion for a couple of hours and then have another 2 hour session in the arvo at the minimum

How the **** are they really gonna improve as a country in football when professional level training is 2 hours 4 times a week??

FFS that is nearly the same as NBN Level clubs

It is meant to be a simple game - they are doing this to cricket now too.

Craig Johnston did once say that the great Liverpool squad trained 5 days a week - morning was 90 mins of drills (shooting, set pieces etc) and after lunch they played 2 hours of five a side, that was all. The conditioning was done in the preseason.

They were European Champions.

TBF I'm pretty certain the Jerks go to the gym for an hour or two in the morning & then train with balls around lunch-to-arvo time each day. I don't think it's a straight up 2 hours each day and that's it.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    How the **** are they really gonna improve as a country in football when professional level training is 2 hours 4 times a week??
    Really MFKS, is that all they train? 8 hours per week + one game!!!.... what about gym / fitness?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    It is meant to be a simple game - they are doing this to cricket now too.

Craig Johnston did once say that the great Liverpool squad trained 5 days a week - morning was 90 mins of drills (shooting, set pieces etc) and after lunch they played 2 hours of five a side, that was all. The conditioning was done in the preseason.

They were European Champions.
    I'm okay with that if you've "made it". If you have all the skills and you are performing on the park, then there is probably no need to go beyond that. But what if you can't even shoot straight?

Nice ball in for the equaliser tonite ....

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Nice ball in for the equaliser tonite ....

He also stuffed up a pass to Goodwin to ruin a counter

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    This.

And on Taggart, he seems to be suffering from Brockie Syndrome - goes good for a few weeks, get an improved contract then do sfa.
    We should have dropped him. Tagz out

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    He also stuffed up a pass to Goodwin to ruin a counter
    How could he have? Goodwin was on the bench when Bridge came on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    How could he have? Goodwin was on the bench when Bridge came on.
    Must've been someone else

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    We should have dropped him. Tagz out
    Will cop that.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out