Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: HAL 13/14 Rd17 - Newcastle Jets v Western Sydney Wanderers 1/2/14 k/off 730pm AEDST

Was good to see some passion in the crowd again tonight.

Didn't really have many complaints about it at the ground, but on closer inspection that 2nd goal of theirs seems dodgy as f***.

Birraz getting 'blocked' by old mate who makes no attempt at going for the ball. Could argue that Birraz should be asserting himself more here, true.
    What was definitely dodgy though was the way Beauchamp had his arm/elbow raised for that goal. Looking it at the replay, definite handball for me. If he had left his arm down it probably still would have rebounded off him and went in, but the way he deliberately raises his arm into an unnatural position means that it is classed as a handball.

Tough one to call at the time though, so I won't be losing too much sleep over it. Still a stupid position to put ourselves in in the first place, and that is 2 corners we've conceded from in 2 games, not a good start.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

****ing Karl ignored me.
    ****er.

The botched high five between Zane and Deans after Griffs first goal tells you all you need to know why neither of these two should be in the top job.
    Disc race.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Smile

Williams was a disgrace last night, Seemed intent on picking the softest of incidents to blow his whistle in one direction. Bozza ( the fox one , not our one the REAL one ) mentioned a couple of months ago about perception and the WSW and no doubt performaces like Williams last night add further question.

PS. I am sure there are plenty of puns to follow re blow his whistle and one direction

I'm looking forward to Ben Williams costing one of the South American nations a win at the world cup and having to answer to the syndicate heavies that lost their money.

dunno if this is a regular thing with western sydney, but they interfere with players off the ball with sneaky pushes, holds and other assorted treachery to overload the defence, creating 2 on 1's / 3 on 1's where they shouldn't really be getting them

good gamesmanship on behalf of poppa but it's a bit off

how's heffernan cheap shotting griff as well, would have been a nailed on penzo, red card and loss of 3 competition points had it been reegz on ono

OK, watched it live but haven't sat through the replay yet so my view may alter.
    Birra - a couple of excellent pieces of work but should have been more dominant on the second goal.
    The Beard - Steady but not outstanding. Also didn't screw up
    Regan - passionate and strong. A good game
    Kew - strong and reliable. Professional performance
    Galloway - did nothing notable either good or bad. No screw ups is a positive
    Zads - good job in Kanta's role. We missed him in attack and it was a quiet game in attack for him but his defence was steady and reliable.
    Caravella - without doubt his best game in a Jets shirt. No "roundabout" moves so his transition was quick and purposeful. More of this please.
    Hoole - enthusiastic and strong. Gives away a few too many free kicks but he is committed. Newy boy.
    Goodwin - far far better. His confidence is coming. Falls over his damn feet some times but I think we will see him click in the next few weeks. Was surprised he was replaced by Pepper. Thought we might have gone for it and brought Griff on and really gone at them.
    Ward - Played well. Got involved. Seemed to work quite well with Taggert
    Taggert - Two goals and looked interested last night. Lately he seems to have drifted in and out of the game (as someone else said; Brockie like)

Pepper - Played ok. Better midfield player than defender
    Bridges - Played ok. Fo all the haters; he did not f*ck up. For all the lovers; he did not turn the match.
    Griff - the less said the better about the brain snap. Stupid and unprofessional but I will give him some credit for passion. Still a stupid thing to do. He tried to get involved but his lack of game time and experience with this team showed. He will get better if he can stay on the park

The ref - an arse clown. Truly appalling.

Took us a bit to get into the game but when we did we looked good in the secong part of the first half. the change by WSW to really press high in the second (even more aggressively than in the first) hurt us. Our transition is still to slow and we don't provide enough options coming out. Result - we were back under pressure too quickly. Our attack was positive however with their tall defence we were never going to win an aerial contest and our ground play around the box is still lacking. Defensively we were ok but are suspect on corners (still no one on the back post) and give awy too many free kicks in reasonable range.

A marked improvement over last week. The crowd saw it and responded.

Well done to the SQN. Love the Xmas presents!

Down side of the game was a knob head 6'3 WSW supporter giving my 10 year olds a hard time over supporting the Jets and wearing their hats and shirts. Told him to take his "where's Wally" shirt and f*ck in the direction of off. Tosser.

They scored in the last game against us by shoving a defender off the ball and heading to Bridge.

Seems a part of their game, small shove and move in the opposite direction.

Beuchump was all over people, but they get away with it, so why stop.

Pfffffft, blokes on here bagging Griff.
    Bloke brought at least 8,000 more people through the gates, set up both goals and put himself up as a martyr in that face of tyranny from the corrupt officials.
    Just another night for the great man. Was truly blessed to be in the same post code as Him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    The botched high five between Zane and Deans after Griffs first goal tells you all you need to know why neither of these two should be in the top job.
    Disc race.
    Bit harsh as Zanes high five technique may be spot on.

The issue most likely is Deans stuffing it up which seems highly likely

Deans has been a welfare recipient ever since he came to Newy, doesn't surprise Zane is carrying him already...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

watched the replay last night

thought ward was very good just a close second to caravella, actually looked like he wanted to be there, if he played like that every week i wouldn't be upset if we gave him another year, he would be cheaper than keeping brown imo.

brillante should have been put at rb the second neville did his knee, he is a much more safer option at rb than an untested jacob pepper (who i thought was good when he came on as well)

also f**k the ffa, its like getting to trial your new nintendo 64 the night before christmas and they take it away from you for another week instead of letting you having it on Christmas day.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    watched the replay last night

thought ward was very good just a close second to caravella, actually looked like he wanted to be there, if he played like that every week i wouldn't be upset if we gave him another year, he would be cheaper than keeping brown imo.

brillante should have been put at rb the second neville did his knee, he is a much more safer option at rb than an untested jacob pepper (who i thought was good when he came on as well)

also f**k the ffa, its like getting to trial your new nintendo 64 the night before christmas and they take it away from you for another week instead of letting you having it on Christmas day.
    I agree with you about Ward. He played really well and won most of the aerial challenges. He had a fair bit of strength as well. He's short on match fitness but I was happy with his contribution.

Agree RE: Ward. Good going forward opening up space for others, but it's defensively where he shines for me. Goes up and gets rid of balls into the box, no mucking about.

Also, at the match I was struggling to see how Caravella was awarded our best player. Upon watching the televised coverage I can see he did very well. Still think Regan should have got MoM, but Xerox was a lot better than I first concluded.

Caravella did have a good game. I think you will find the award is for the cinema award only. They give it to a different player each home game. So the award is given to the next best on ground if the real one has already won it. But good to see Zenon performing. Another player getting back to his best after beating the GVE disease.

watched the game at home (n)

thought caravella and ward worked well together. I dont mind have ward in the centre going forward but i much prefer having zads in there just cause the blokes a freak.
    Taggart played as good as he did in the game when he got the hatty against Heart.

Finally some positives in our football. Hopefully beat wello.

Who was that poor bastard holding the Griff banner in Mondays Herald, gave Newy a good laugh