Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NPL Youth

Quote Originally Posted by big jim View Post
    Havin a good laugh at magic parent having a winge in NPL thread
    Talk of mass exodus lol

As if magic care, there will be plenty of wannabe parents lining up to take his and others places

And of course there are the discarded EJ players, but how many ?
    But they are in 2 grand finals this weekend BJ, isn't that the measure of a successful season?

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    But they are in 2 grand finals this weekend BJ, isn't that the measure of a successful season?
    Yep no doubt Magic have had a great year in NPL Youth and I don't think it will matter how many kids leave......there will be plenty happy to replace them
    From my observations in 15's Magic had several quality players but never really looked like a "team" lot of individual play

Anyway good luck to all kids involved in Grand Finals this Sunday,looking forwRd to some great football

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    Yep no doubt Magic have had a great year in NPL Youth and I don't think it will matter how many kids leave......there will be plenty happy to replace them
    From my observations in 15's Magic had several quality players but never really looked like a "team" lot of individual play

Anyway good luck to all kids involved in Grand Finals this Sunday,looking forwRd to some great football
    They must have looked alright WB when they beat your 15s 4-1 with only 10 boys. Maybe the concerns about the coaching were true and explains their end of season meltdown.
    But good luck on Sunday and hopefully the Blues can go back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    They must have looked alright WB when they beat your 15s 4-1 with only 10 boys. Maybe the concerns about the coaching were true and explains their end of season meltdown.
    But good luck on Sunday and hopefully the Blues can go back to back.
    Does the 4-1 with 10 exemplify what I'm saying ?? Then to go down 4-2 a few weeks later ??? What happened

I've said all year that Magic 15's were team to beat, comp was theirs to lose
    And they did. But I have also said for two years now that CCB 15's have had the best coach in the NPL, shame he is moving on, but gives the boys some extra motivation

Does the 4-1 with 10 exemplify what I'm saying ?? Then to go down 4-2 a few weeks later ??? What happened

And they did. But I have also said for two years now that CCB 15's have had the best coach in the NPL, shame he is moving on, but gives the boys some extra motivation
    Big difference between losing 1 game and "never really looked like a 'team'". 2 losses and both at home, behind on the table and miles behind on for and against. Magic must have had something, but as both teams seem to agree the coaching was strange if not pathetic from one.

Big difference between losing 1 game and "never really looked like a 'team'". 2 losses and both at home, behind on the table and miles behind on for and against. Magic must have had something, but as both teams seem to agree the coaching was strange if not pathetic from one.
    Just an observation !!!

So I take you will be early to the match at another club ........

Not my team so no change for me. Did see them at their best and it was pretty special. A shame to see any team loose so much confidence.

I've done a special preview for this weekend's Youth GF's. Weird to not see an Olympic team in any of the grades. An even spread of a few different clubs across the day.

My Tips:
    Under 13's: Mid North Coast 3-1 Edgeworth
    Under 14's: Adamstown 2-2 Broadmeadow (Magic on Pens)
    Under 15's: Charlestown 2-0 Weston
    Under 17's: Broadmeadow 1-1 Emerging Jets (Magic on Pens)

Link to my preview:

http://www.newysports.com/2015/08/pr...final-day.html

Thanks NT. Like all your efforts throughout the year and would like to see those predictions come true.

Thanks NT. Like all your efforts throughout the year and would like to see those predictions come true.
    Thanks, would have kept more info about the Youth but hard to stay up to date with the constant washouts and that. Would like to add that comp to my weekly work if I can find the time.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    I've done a special preview for this weekend's Youth GF's. Weird to not see an Olympic team in any of the grades. An even spread of a few different clubs across the day.

My Tips:
    Under 13's: Mid North Coast 3-1 Edgeworth
    Under 14's: Adamstown 2-2 Broadmeadow (Magic on Pens)
    Under 15's: Charlestown 2-0 Weston
    Under 17's: Broadmeadow 1-1 Emerging Jets (Magic on Pens)

Link to my preview:

http://www.newysports.com/2015/08/pr...final-day.html
    Nice work NT
    Thanks for coverage and look forward to next year

I like your predictions, but not sure magic will pens in 17's.......would like to see EJ15s do them, they are a much improved team under CZ but just think Magic 17 have been strong all year.........but stranger things have happened !!!!!!

And will take 2-0 for CCB v Weston both teams have improved considerably since they last played so should be a great game
    Looking forward to a great day of footy
    Last edited by Why Blue; 22-08-2015 at 07:39 AM.

Good luck to the boys WB

Quote Originally Posted by Footyhead View Post
    Good luck to the boys WB
    Thanks FH
    Just gets down to 70mins now
    They are well prepared, will see who wants it more !!!

Any scores from the grand finals

14's Magic 1-0 over Adamstown.

17's was Emerging Jets 15's beating Magic 2-0
    15's was Charlestown City winning over Weston on penalties
    13's was Mid North Coast 4-0 over Edgeworth

Well another year over and belated congrats to winners

So now we move into 2016
    Clubs madly trying to secure the kids they want, most holding inter club trials plus a few from other clubs naughty fella's
    CCB losing their highly successful 15's coach to jets I hear, maybe changes there, Why Blue might chip in
    Magic telling all that coach would be moved on but then retained, what will happen there.
    Anyway. Always an interesting time of year

Go Weston

Quote Originally Posted by big jim View Post
    Well another year over and belated congrats to
    winners

So now we move into 2016
    Clubs madly trying to secure the kids they want, most holding inter club trials plus a few from other clubs naughty fella's
    CCB losing their highly successful 15's coach to jets I hear, maybe changes there, Why Blue might chip in
    Magic telling all that coach would be moved on but then retained, what will happen there.
    Anyway. Always an interesting time of year

Go Weston
    Yes BJ CCB 15's coach is moving on
    Will be missed, leaves a big hole
    I'm not too sure what will happen, have heard plenty but will see

And sorry about the Weston bit lol
    Last edited by Why Blue; 31-08-2015 at 10:20 PM.

Yes BJ CCB 15's coach is moving on
    Will be missed, leaves a big hole
    I'm not too sure what will happen, have heard plenty but will see

And sorry about the Weston bit lol
    Where is the young fella going to WB?

I thought trials were not suppose to start until later in the year.