Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1215

Thread: 2015 NPL Youth

There is a clear winner in this debate

$2000 equals about 25 cartons of CC so 600 cans @ say 15 min a can. Equals about 150 hours

Now that is only one months training for EJ's add in their first class training venue, quality coaches, multiple training strips

It's a no brainer

600 cans

Vote 1 clubbies

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    Did anyone watch the NPL 17 Grandfinal?

The 15's EJ's (with 3 x 14 year olds in the team) made Magics 17yo's look lost and well short
    I understand Magic 19s had 3 x 16s & 6 x 17s playing in their side, winning gf 4-0. No disrespect to the magic 17s but clearly they would have been much stronger if all available players played 17s.

You are comparing an apple to an orange Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    Did anyone watch the NPL 17 Grandfinal?

The 15's EJ's (with 3 x 14 year olds in the team) made Magics 17yo's look lost and well short
    Great point charlotte!

Interesting after just looking at the table, you didn't mention Magic, beat the 15 EJets with there 3x 14 year olds twice!!!!! and finished 1st, after 20 rounds.
    In world football- finishing 1st in a season, is regarded as the best and most consistent.
    iN oz grand finals, are a second chance to win a trophy.On the day well deserved to the 15's EJets and there 3 x14 year olds.
    as for 17 NPL, you will find that majority of the clubs 17NPL teams are younger players as well. The likes of Weston, Olympic and Magic were very strong.
    Keep in mind these teams dont train 4-5 times a week, on a perfectly flat surface, with all the resources paid by registered community players. The other thing, regarding step down, is exactly what the other states comment on the EJets when they come 3rd last every year at Nationals.
    The only gap i see is the arrogance from the EJets parents and players, good luck and we will see you in a club soon enough, when they drop your son or daughter for a better player from Central Coast, Sydney etc.
    Last edited by mother theresa; 01-11-2015 at 10:11 AM.

You people really need to have a hard look at yourselves, sorry but all I see is parents banging on here, get a grip, it's kids sport ffs,

Quote Originally Posted by mother theresa View Post
    Great point charlotte!

Interesting after just looking at the table, you didn't mention Magic, beat the 15 EJets with there 3x 14 year olds twice!!!!! and finished 1st, after 20 rounds.
    In world football- finishing 1st in a season, is regarded as the best and most consistent.
    iN oz grand finals, are a second chance to win a trophy.On the day well deserved to the 15's EJets and there 3 x14 year olds.
    as for 17 NPL, you will find that majority of the clubs 17NPL teams are younger players as well. The likes of Weston, Olympic and Magic were very strong.
    Keep in mind these teams dont train 4-5 times a week, on a perfectly flat surface, with all the resources paid by registered community players. The other thing, regarding step down, is exactly what the other states comment on the EJets when they come 3rd last every year at Nationals.
    The only gap i see is the arrogance from the EJets parents and players, good luck and we will see you in a club soon enough, when they drop your son or daughter for a better player from Central Coast, Sydney etc.
    What FR said. Is this what junior reps are all about? Arrogance and and jealousy?

Cant understand the jealous jets attitude once again. You'll have to face it that the ladder is good but GF is champ, training is hardly an excuse. Might have to accept that the Ej 's deserved a win that day and that they can outplay a more fancied opposition at times.

The biggest test for anyone's boy is to see how far they make it on the big stage. nbn, nsw premier, socceroos

Perhaps we should have an elite comp for the parents.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    You people really need to have a hard look at yourselves, sorry but all I see is parents banging on here, get a grip, it's kids sport ffs,
    Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Ppl here just expressing thier opinions

When they differ from you the old wanker parents line gets rolled out

FFS yourself & PH

I can only aspire to have your wisdom
    💤💤💤💤

F#*cing boring !!!!!!

I think the EJ's should be just viewed as a program that is somewhat invitational somewhat pay money to be a part of and runs paralell to NPL clubs.
    As you're all aware it's not necessarily the best in the region, the kids with the most ability, the most consistent performers or the best athletes. The selections are the same as any other NPL team. The star player from team a May go and trial and stink up a storm, not get a position, and got back to be being brilliant. The coach may want a box to box midfielder instead of a winger in his team. All subjective stuff. That's the great thing. You hear about players of all calibre that have missed out on selection and then work their way to be better than those who were selected above them. It's the game.

The team that plays in the nationals should be a Northern NSW team, selected after picking the best of the NPL whether you play for Jaffas, CCB, EJ or Magic, pick a team Based on merit. Similar to the old NBN select team. Pick the group, then give them EJ esque training for a few weeks leading up to the Nationals and see how they go.

Imo, the point of this thread should be more about development and how to improve things opposed to a dick waving thread. Or just rename it EJ versus the world or something.

sorry , but when did this npl 17 comp start ? aint we talkin 17 a .

Quote Originally Posted by mother theresa View Post
    Keep in mind these teams dont train 4-5 times a week, on a perfectly flat surface, with all the resources paid by registered community players..
    Sorry what team are we talking about that doesn't have their players (parents) pay for anything?

I'm not sure but if I was an EJ coach I'd probably pick the best players available so I didn't look like a twat as a coach. Why would I pick average players if I knew there were better players in NPL. Honestly little Johnny isn't up to it. There's always the overseas scouts looking for parents coin with a paid spot in an academy lol. FFS.
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Sorry what team are we talking about that doesn't have their players (parents) pay for anything?
    Goat, I think you'll find that the comment was suggesting that all players from every NNSWF club have paid fees to build the Speers Point facilities. But only the EJs get to benefit from them. Other clubs and players that have helped pay for them and wish to use them are charged an absolute fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    I'm not sure but if I was an EJ coach I'd probably pick the best players available so I didn't look like a twat as a coach. Why would I pick average players if I knew there were better players in NPL. Honestly little Johnny isn't up to it. There's always the overseas scouts looking for parents coin with a paid spot in an academy lol. FFS.
    Looking like a twat as a coach is quite common in EJ program as well as NPL. Often their coaching ability corresponds with their ability as selectors. All very subjective of course, but apart from a few exceptions the overall standard of coaching in this region is ordinary at best. And as others have indicated in this blog there is too much influence from self serving individuals.

Lots of talk about jets program with good points by many and no secret to many it is what it is, positive step with Clayton Zane involvement here's hoping but with some lads choosing to play for u19 and u22 with clubs I hope their not missed for involvement in youth squads . u17 npl youth gf I'm neutral magic worst game of year jets best game that's sport , magic a lot going on off the field plus striker taking injury into game last 15 mins , watching both teams in the year 2 players that impressed me were Williams magic striker and blond hair jets centre back both play on natural instinct this can not to coached? Also believe 2016 nlp youth comp gap is closing between top to bottom teams with maitland , jaffas improving all squads not sure about buds and Charlestown , magic seems to have lost some players and valo are a bit unknown in strength , spoke to parents at different clubs all said quiet few central coast boys looking for a club this May result in a few surprises

Quote Originally Posted by Saint James View Post
    Lots of talk about jets program with good points by many and no secret to many it is what it is, positive step with Clayton Zane involvement here's hoping but with some lads choosing to play for u19 and u22 with clubs I hope their not missed for involvement in youth squads . u17 npl youth gf I'm neutral magic worst game of year jets best game that's sport , magic a lot going on off the field plus striker taking injury into game last 15 mins , watching both teams in the year 2 players that impressed me were Williams magic striker and blond hair jets centre back both play on natural instinct this can not to coached? Also believe 2016 nlp youth comp gap is closing between top to bottom teams with maitland , jaffas improving all squads not sure about buds and Charlestown , magic seems to have lost some players and valo are a bit unknown in strength , spoke to parents at different clubs all said quiet few central coast boys looking for a club this May result in a few surprises
    williams was always a fullback somehow found his way up there in Azzuri u15 GF winning side i think, went to magic to play U19/U22, but only made U17

Blue man I'm sure you remember U15 grand final this year were CCB striker, big blonde hair kid, climbed all over Weston CDM and fell heavily to the ground, seemed to hurt himself and left the field and I believe went to hospital.
    Have just heard that CCB coach is saying that Weston kid was cause and even believes he should have got a red !!

Is he kidding, poor Weston kid was just standing there when this clutz jumped him !!

Blue man you have spoken highly about this coach in the past
    Is he fair dinkum ?? Cause if this is true I think he knows nothing !!

Quote Originally Posted by big jim View Post
    Blue man I'm sure you remember U15 grand final this year were CCB striker, big blonde hair kid, climbed all over Weston CDM and fell heavily to the ground, seemed to hurt himself and left the field and I believe went to hospital.
    Have just heard that CCB coach is saying that Weston kid was cause and even believes he should have got a red !!

Is he kidding, poor Weston kid was just standing there when this clutz jumped him !!

Blue man you have spoken highly about this coach in the past
    Is he fair dinkum ?? Cause if this is true I think he knows nothing !!

BJ yes I have praised this coach previously, because he was a good coach to the boys.
    Without knowing his personal views in this I can guess what you said could be true ............
    I do know that he portioned some blame on the CCB player who headed the ball back into the striker and supposedly put him into a dangerous position ??????? Were I think the striker did it all on his own..........puts himself in dangerous position all by himself !!!!!!!

I also know he held a high opinion of the striker and could see little wrong in anything he did

So yes can believe what you have heard, but certainly not my thoughts
    If I was giving a red it would have gone to CCB striker !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    BJ yes I have praised this coach previously, because he was a good coach to the boys.
    Without knowing his personal views in this I can guess what you said could be true ............
    I do know that he portioned some blame on the CCB player who headed the ball back into the striker and supposedly put him into a dangerous position ??????? Were I think the striker did it all on his own..........puts himself in dangerous position all by himself !!!!!!!

I also know he held a high opinion of the striker and could see little wrong in anything he did

So yes can believe what you have heard, but certainly not my thoughts
    If I was giving a red it would have gone to CCB striker !!!!!
    That's how I saw it blue man

Can't see how any blame can be apportioned to any one but the striker he is a clutz and a danger on the field thank god as it turns out mainly to himself

Interesting article in this mornings herald
    NNSWF to revise NPL, possible 12 teams, looking to change relegation to club championship based, great idea
    Changing age groups to 13,14,15,16 18 & 22 ?? Not sure
    Including north coast & northern inland in NPL youth, glad my youth days are over!!! But good for the zones, just what do they do after turning 16 ?????

Any thoughts ???