Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1215

Thread: 2015 NPL Youth

Quote Originally Posted by Local Rules View Post
    Unfortunately in NNSWFF area this is not the case at present. This is the argument for having every player in NPL/NewFM clubs in the juniors and having an additional training squad with the EJ's or whatever they want to call it. Each Zone pulls together a training squad from those within their competition area that are selected by a panel of coaches/selectors and then combined to bring in as a single squad after the TD of Northern and a couple of others have viewed them. Get rid of the top heavy structure at present and allow it to be run from grass roots with talent identification rather than the constant cronyism that seems to exist at present.
    Your post is 100% spot on, all kids in NPL Youth, with a training squad that is free so can be changed
    Squad can train and come together for championships/nationals etc

Put the extra coaches into NPlL as well to give greater depth there

The whole game benefits !!!!!

But common sense will never prevail

To many ivory castles hey Mr Eland

Surly a conflict there ????

CEO of both organisations, one of which has naming rights but no financial input ????

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    To be honest I find Barry's comments more immature and totally disrespctful of all the kids playing in NPL Youth

Couple of things to consider Barry
    EJ's have hardly dominated NPL Youth last two seasons
    Kids returning from EJ's to NPL Youth have hardly been stand out's, quality yes but not dominant
    One example end of this year an EJ who played U16 this year in U19 comp was only considered at club for U17.........even though he played 19's this year

Point is yes some good players in EJ program but also some really good players in NPL as well

Also don't dismiss the work some clubs are doing with thier youth
    Some quality program's in place, quality TD's, quality coaching, building synthetic training pitches, useing GPS data to help develop players

Yep all at club land

My thoughts.......if my son plays first grade NPL it will be a massive achievement from him, any further will depend totally in him and how he commits to opportunities as they present
    Barry, don't be so dismissive of kids in NPL, they just might take your sons place
    WB - I am not (or at least meaning it to sound like it) disagreeing with you - everyone seems to be saying that the EJ program is taking kids nowhere. What I have said and standby, is that without quality competition week in or week out for kids in NPL - the chances are low that anyone in NpL or EJ will develop into ale agile or beyond standard.
    Just by pure numbers - the chances of anyone making a real living out of football is slim.
    As for me dissing on clubs - no way - I am part of one and know how hard it is to make it all happen - $$ are hard to come by - without $$ cannot attract good coaches etc.
    We need quality programs across all levels - even at u6 grass roots football if our game is going to thrive.
    Over and out.
    Barry

I think the Emerging Jets program has merit up to a certain point. From the age of 15/16, i think an NPL set up would provide the best development, especially with the proposed changes. Playing with older people can sometimes be a lot more beneficial than playing against these older guys.

There's obviously a lot of positives about the EJ program, and just as many negatives or things they could do better/differently.

Does anyone know if Sydney/Central Coast/Wanderers have a similar "academy esque" system in place?
    My theory is that as NPL system gets more developed the EJ setup as it exists at the moment will be redundant with coaching certificate requirements set to increase and the professionalism of the 13-17 or whatever setups grow and clubs are more familiar with how to Best run it and greater priority forced upon them.
    I'd like to see the EJ seen as a reward/select team from the NPL Season. Have the best kids in the competition or a larger squad of players selected and train them over the off season, and play some games parallel with other A league clubs when our NYL plays.
    I don't like that EJ is essentially another NPL club. To me this negates it's relevence and intended "prestige".

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Development and selection discrepancies occur all the time.
    Kale Bradberry scored more goals than Andrew Hoole in their Youth at Magic. Kale was such an attacking weapon , much more so than Andrew Hoole. Hoole was selected into Jets Youth before Kale. Kale was eventually included. Look where they are now.
    Right place at the right time, i remember three strikers coming through the reps ranks not that long ago in the Macquarie/Newcastle/Hunter Valley days.

One was leading striker out of the three, now playing NPL U22 at 17 the other two, well one plays for the Joeys U17 in the word cup ( without scoring, just quietly ) the other one is in the Jets youth, without scoring many BTW.

Point is coaches have the biggest say in where kids end up at the 13-16yo age bracket, and while they have kids fathers coaching elite youth, and picking mates sons because he owes him a favour, we will always end up in the lower tier of competitions.

As i have stated before, when Macquarie won the U12 state final in Coffs Harbour in 2009?? Macquarie got four reps in NNSW while Newcastle got 12, the second tier team they picked ( mainly macquarie kids ) went to tasmania and went through undefeated beating Tas/Vic teams in a tournament. While the ' first ' team went to coffs harbour nationals and got smashed......

Politics can ruin football ......

Barry, do you know results of recent EJ's v Wandeters and Sydney FC academies ???

Barry, do you know results of recent EJ's v Wandeters and Sydney FC academies ???
    I heard that Wanderers beat EJs 15s (14s this season gone) 8 nil. They are apparently playing Sydney FC this weekend but only going to be playing their younger age group. 16s didn't play Wanderers because they were playing NTC.
    I also heard only 3 players from Northern NTC squad were recommended to be looked at further. 1 from younger age group and 2 newish to EJ program. (1 and 2 years in program).

Quote Originally Posted by Local Rules View Post
    Unfortunately in NNSWFF area this is not the case at present. This is the argument for having every player in NPL/NewFM clubs in the juniors and having an additional training squad with the EJ's or whatever they want to call it. Each Zone pulls together a training squad from those within their competition area that are selected by a panel of coaches/selectors and then combined to bring in as a single squad after the TD of Northern and a couple of others have viewed them. Get rid of the top heavy structure at present and allow it to be run from grass roots with talent identification rather than the constant cronyism that seems to exist at present.
    Are we talking about a kid who is the very best player , [and by a considerable margin] in the NNSWF system being left out because of their parents financial situation ?
    Or are we talking about a kid or kids that are better than some or most of the kids in the current elite programs ? Because it makes a hell of a difference.

If it is the former then that's a problem. If it's the latter then their is no problem at all.

The reason it makes a difference is that it would be very unlikely one of these kids makes it to A-League level anyway and the notion of making it at the highest level overseas or even for their country even less likely.

If the next Viduka is out there no way is his parents financial situation going to mean jack shit. If it does then we should all look for another sport.

I
    Last edited by The Dunster; 11-12-2015 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    One was leading striker out of the three, now playing NPL U22 at 17 the other two, well one plays for the Joeys U17 in the word cup ( without scoring, just quietly ) the other one is in the Jets youth, without scoring many BTW.
    Are you suggesting that the kid in the Joey's is no good? Would he be playing 22's in NPL?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Are we talking about a kid who is the very best player , [and by a considerable margin] in the NNSWF system being left out because of their parents financial situation ?
    Or are we talking about a kid or kids that are better than some or most of the kids in the current elite programs ? Because it makes a hell of a difference.

If it is the former then that's a problem. If it's the latter then their is no problem at all.

The reason it makes a difference is that it would be very unlikely one of these kids makes it to A-League level anyway and the notion of making it at the highest level overseas or even for their country even less likely.

If the next Viduka is out there no way is his parents financial situation going to mean jack shit. If it does then we should all look for another sport.
    I
    Unfortunately without elite level coaching in an elite competition and playing with top quality players, very few players will develop to a level where they can become truly professional. A good young athlete with the right attitude may make it if in the right environment. But the level of coaching and competition in NNSWF is way below the standard required to get to that level. Everything in the meantime is merely a stepping stone to get to the next level.
    I have no doubt that there is up to a dozen kids in each age group in NNSWF with the capability of playing at professional/international level if they spent a minimum 4 or 5 years playing in elite academies in Europe. The opportunity to get that level of development is the hardest thing to achieve and the reason why parents want to promote their kids whenever possible. This is not saying that that many players could make those academies, but if given the opportunity, everyone of them would end up reaching that level the rest of the region's players could only dream of. Money will play a part, but a players determination along with parental support is just the beginning of massive sacrifices needed to get to the truly elite academies overseas. It's a dogfight getting there, but a very different environment if you manage to reach the summit.

Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    I heard that Wanderers beat EJs 15s (14s this season gone) 8 nil. They are apparently playing Sydney FC this weekend but only going to be playing their younger age group. 16s didn't play Wanderers because they were playing NTC.
    I also heard only 3 players from Northern NTC squad were recommended to be looked at further. 1 from younger age group and 2 newish to EJ program. (1 and 2 years in program).
    Yeah heard same re NTC, same kids that are playing 18's next year and training with Youth League

That's my point, some kids have been in that program a long time now, some over 4 yrs
    If in that time they haven't been identified externally and defiantly not been progressed internally than why are they still there ?????? Surely it is time to try new blood. There is a midfielder who has been there 5yrs, yet in my opinion there is a midfielder from Weston that would play him off the park every day if the week, give him a go !!!!!

Yeah heard same re NTC, same kids that are playing 18's next year and training with Youth League

That's my point, some kids have been in that program a long time now, some over 4 yrs
    If in that time they haven't been identified externally and defiantly not been progressed internally than why are they still there ?????? Surely it is time to try new blood. There is a midfielder who has been there 5yrs, yet in my opinion there is a midfielder from Weston that would play him off the park every day if the week, give him a go !!!!!
    Hey there blue man eaze it up.
    Young fella you talk about is playing 19's at Weston, why would he want to go anywhere

You had a couple of pretty handy mid's at CCB this year
    Give them a go. lol

Quote Originally Posted by big jim View Post
    Hey there blue man eaze it up.
    Young fella you talk about is playing 19's at Weston, why would he want to go anywhere

You had a couple of pretty handy mid's at CCB this year
    Give them a go. lol
    Yes two midfielders from this years CCB 15's playing 19's next year 4 in total going up to 19's ........I think they will all be happy were they are as well

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I think the Emerging Jets program has merit up to a certain point. From the age of 15/16, i think an NPL set up would provide the best development, especially with the proposed changes. Playing with older people can sometimes be a lot more beneficial than playing against these older guys.
    Agree

Yes two midfielders from this years CCB 15's playing 19's next year 4 in total going up to 19's ........I think they will all be happy were they are as well

Glad to hear that young ones are getting a go
    I think all three if those players ( midfielders ) will do very well in 2016
    Young guys like these are the talent of the future and not only is good that the clubs give them a go but it is great to see the kids step up and take the challenge
    As said elsewhere these kids will develop very quickly playing and training with older players, much better than just playing with your own age

Great to these 15yo's having a go

EJ's have hardly dominated NPL Youth last two seasons
    Kids returning from EJ's to NPL Youth have hardly been stand out's, quality yes but not dominant
    One example end of this year an EJ who played U16 this year in U19 comp was only considered at club for U17.........even though he played 19's this year

Point is yes some good players in EJ program but also some really good players in NPL as well

My thoughts.......if my son plays first grade NPL it will be a massive achievement from him, any further will depend totally in him and how he commits to opportunities as they present
    Barry, don't be so dismissive of kids in NPL, they just might take your sons place
    interesting observation

What did you guys think of the CoE team on the w/e? Superior/similar/average. They would have the best facilities? They seemed a little more sure with the ball

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    interesting observation

What did you guys think of the CoE team on the w/e? Superior/similar/average. They would have the best facilities? They seemed a little more sure with the ball
    Didn't get to see the game
    Would have liked to but busy time

Some good news out of EJ program
    Players from NTC squad in Canberra trialling for AIS CoE positions

One in particular, first year in program now trialling for CoE
    Well done, just shows what can happen when you give kids a go
    I could give them ten more like this one if they are seriously looking for talented kids to develop !!!

Oh and he is ex CCB as well..............nice
    Last edited by Why Blue; 15-12-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    interesting observation

Superior in skill sets to us by a long way.

Problem is they are poorly coached

Game is about putting the ball in the net not having four million needless passes and no shots on goal because you want to walk it into the net

They have basically been brainwashed with this dutch mango sucking crap this country is inflicted by.

I could give them ten more like this one if they are seriously looking for talented kids to develop !!!

WHAT!!!!!
    Barry's kid didn't make it again?
    Baz, maybe taking up a coaching/ manager or barista role at the community centre may help
    or better still take him to the mariners

Blue man you love those CCB boys

Just glad to see it was the left footer, not the other CCB son of a manager taking up a development place with not much to offer